PDA

View Full Version : Tired of WOS?

rhino33
07-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Is anyone as tired of hearing bout WO-S as I am?

I mean, I think that they will be great this coming season. I think that they will have to be a contender this year, but It gets kinda annoying to sit here and see nothin but talk about how good WOS is. I saw one poll about what someones favorite WOS topic is. I say that is too much. They havent played one game in 3a, so i dont think that everybody needs to be making them out to be bigger than they really are. It kinda reminds me of the story of David and Goliath. Everybody is saying all this stuff about how good they are and will be, but they dont know what 3a football is all about untill they play. It only takes one point to lose a game, and you dont have to be a "giant" to kill a "giant". You dont have to be a " giant" to score one point in football. It only takes one person to mess up on a certain play and that can be the "giant killer."

I do think that it would be very foolish for ANY team to underestimate them however. I am not trying to steal their "thunder" or disrespect them in any way, but I just think that people should stop and think before they go off deciding that WOS is the best team in 3a. They havent beatin Gainesville ( defending champs) so in my opinion, untill they beat gainesville or win the state championship, no-one should label the as the "best." The title of "the Best" goes to the team that wins the state championship, and as of right now Gainesville is still the best team in 3a, untill someone beats them.

WOS92
07-12-2004, 11:21 PM
I hadn't seen anyone label us "the best," just give their predictions of how 3A would look as far as the top 10, 25, whatever. From what I understand, that's a subjective process - there are no rules.
Not a single WO-S person has come here claiming to be any gift from God. We're excited to finally be playing teams our own size. Trust me, we know that "Goliaths" mean nothing. We've been giant-killers in 4A for years.
As far as some of the topics you pointed out, they were posted in ridicule of WO-S, not in honor.
You know, most WO-S topics have "WOS" or "WO-S" in the thread title. Don't click on them.
How many times do I see the words "Sinton," "Jasper" and "Cuero?" Did they win state last year? We're a good team coming into a good classification. As we point out all the time, we have more than proven ourselves worthy of at least some respect. I'm sure we're more hated than liked, but at least it's something different and interesting. If you want us off your board, let us know that that's the general feeling and I'll be more than happy to stick to the WO-S board.

WOS92
07-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Ack... Just saw your sig... My bad, dude.

WOS92
07-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Let me just say this simply: If you're tired of hearing about WO-S, then starting another WO-S thread is not the brightest idea.

WOS1
07-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Hate the hype, not the team. Most of the WO-S threads you see aren't started by anyone involved with WO-S (see your own thread). As for your analysis of Gainesville, I couldn't agree more.

Old Tiger
07-12-2004, 11:35 PM
actually you gotta hate the hype and you gotta hate the bragging posters...

pakrat
07-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Be easy on Rhino, he's just a Rookie. Come Sept. he will see there is plenty more on this board than WOS. You guys (WOS) are on here because you are excited about your prospects and rightfully so. It's always the top teams that catch the most attention. Some folks got tired of Burnet postings last year.

WOS1
07-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
actually you gotta hate the hype and you gotta hate the bragging posters...

Examples please...

WOS92
07-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Find me a few posts w/ WO-S fans claiming the title, please.

rhino33
07-12-2004, 11:51 PM
i am not sayin yall are bragging, and as i previously said i think yall are a great team and that yall will be a competitior. i dont want yall (wos) to leave the board. i am just sayin that i have talked to some people have already picked yall as the best. like on texashsfootball.com, one post is sayin how wos should be #1, i disagree with it because i believe that u have to beat the best to be the best.
i am not tryin to disrespect any of the wo-s posters on this board or any other board.

Ray_BearKat
07-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Isn't this the same thing we were complaining about last year with Burnet?:D

WOS92
07-12-2004, 11:53 PM
The same thing happens a lot of times when a good team drops. It happened to us in 86 when we dropped to 4A too. Most of us are just on here a lot b/c we're getting excited about not being the "david" of a "David and Goliath" battle every single week. You know?

rhino33
07-13-2004, 12:03 AM
i understand, i know how u feel, i am gettin excited bout the upcomin season too, sorry if any of wat i said offended u, i said it to get some interesting convo goin cuz it was kinda borin in here for a lil while

SintonFan
07-13-2004, 12:04 AM
I love all this WOS talk. In fact it's something to have fun with(which is my motto during the off-season). All the football talk will ratchet up soon... be patient.
I swear no one grew tired of all the Burnet talk. We all reveled in it.:D
Height: 5'7''
Weight: 235ish lbs
squat: 240ish lbs
bench: 150 ishlbs
deadlift: 240ish lbs
40yd dash time: 8.2 sec if on the way to the buffet
Class: Sophmoric
:D :D :D
jus havin some fun...

Sans Couth
07-13-2004, 12:11 AM
I personally think it is more fun to talk about short fat kids that run sub 5 second fortys.:D

Old Green
07-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by pakrat
Be easy on Rhino, he's just a Rookie. Come Sept. he will see there is plenty more on this board than WOS. You guys (WOS) are on here because you are excited about your prospects and rightfully so. It's always the top teams that catch the most attention. Some folks got tired of Burnet postings last year.

Pakrat is right. When the season starts there will be others posting about their teams. I know I will post about Cuero.
Last year a lot of people said they were tired of hearing about Burnet. I enjoyed reading about Burnet. But face it folks. They were voted the Number one team in 3A so they will be the center of discussion.

This is a Football board where football will be discussed more vigourusly in the coming weeks.

WO-S fans have not started all of the topics about the Mustangs. Others have and have run with it . So if you are tired of reading a certain topic don't click on it Please. :)

WO-S fans stick with us. Hopefully everyone will learn a little something about the Mustangs.:cool:

sinton66
07-13-2004, 06:43 AM
I agree, Old Green. WOS is as welcome on this board as anyone else. But, you guys shouldn't get your feelings hurt if people want to disagree with the preseason picks. Everybody has their own opinions and are likely to post them. When this young man posted this topic, I understood he meant the hype you're getting elsewhere.

ej2525
07-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

:clap: :clap: :D :D

GUNHO
07-13-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by rhino33
i understand, i know how u feel, i am gettin excited bout the upcomin season too, sorry if any of wat i said offended u, i said it to get some interesting convo goin cuz it was kinda borin in here for a lil while

There is nothing wrong in what you posted.I don't think anyone was offended.We WO-S poster know we are getting a lot of attention,some good,some not so good.When your taged #1 thats what happens.I think for the most part most of us are trying to keep a low profile.I argee with you that the game is decided on the field and not by someones opinion.

WOS1
07-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I agree, Old Green. WOS is as welcome on this board as anyone else. But, you guys shouldn't get your feelings hurt if people want to disagree with the preseason picks. Everybody has their own opinions and are likely to post them. When this young man posted this topic, I understood he meant the hype you're getting elsewhere.

I'm not offended I assure you. Ok I'll say it again, I agree with everyone. You don't give a team that's not been in the division the nod over the defending champion or champions if they have ANYTHING back. I promise you IF we are fortunate enough to win a state title and the next year a team dropping from 4A gets #1 over us, I'll be hollering.

I think the AP poll will be different

Rabbit'93
07-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
I personally think it is more fun to talk about short fat kids that run sub 5 second fortys.:D
that was just wrong Sans. Funny...but wrong! hehe

vet93
07-13-2004, 08:58 AM
Classic response.....My stats are almost identical except I would have to put 260ish. I also think I should put my vertical leap stat as well: - 6. I am the only person that I know with a negative vertical jump!!!!

Originally posted by SintonFan

jus havin some fun...

BHKrystal06
07-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Rhino, I'm glad someone finally said something. I was waiting for someone to.. W-OS is NOT a bad team, its just everyone takes them for one of the best in 3A and as you said, they haven't played on game in our classification yet.

BullFrog Dad
07-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by rhino33
Is anyone as tired of hearing bout WO-S as I am?

I mean, I think that they will be great this coming season. I think that they will have to be a contender this year, but It gets kinda annoying to sit here and see nothin but talk about how good WOS is. I saw one poll about what someones favorite WOS topic is. I say that is too much. They havent played one game in 3a, so i dont think that everybody needs to be making them out to be bigger than they really are. It kinda reminds me of the story of David and Goliath. Everybody is saying all this stuff about how good they are and will be, but they dont know what 3a football is all about untill they play. It only takes one point to lose a game, and you dont have to be a "giant" to kill a "giant". You dont have to be a " giant" to score one point in football. It only takes one person to mess up on a certain play and that can be the "giant killer."

I do think that it would be very foolish for ANY team to underestimate them however. I am not trying to steal their "thunder" or disrespect them in any way, but I just think that people should stop and think before they go off deciding that WOS is the best team in 3a. They havent beatin Gainesville ( defending champs) so in my opinion, untill they beat gainesville or win the state championship, no-one should label the as the "best." The title of "the Best" goes to the team that wins the state championship, and as of right now Gainesville is still the best team in 3a, untill someone beats them. Rhino, You sound like a pretty decent young man with some good athletic numbers. I've been watching this thread and was surprised that nobody brought up this point. Carrollton-Ranchview is about to embark on its' inaugural varsity football season and has had more threads about them since February than 90% of the 3A schools. Rhino, You're getting more than your share of Pub. Enjoy!

SintonFan
07-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Classic response.....My stats are almost identical except I would have to put 260ish. I also think I should put my vertical leap stat as well: - 6. I am the only person that I know with a negative vertical jump!!!!
ROFL! :D

sinton66
07-13-2004, 05:50 PM

What???? Another dig at my buddy SintonFan? He's gonna get you for this. It's ON, Brother.:D

Sans Couth
07-13-2004, 05:54 PM
What???? Another dig at my buddy SintonFan? He's gonna get you for this. It's ON, Brother.:D

Actually it was a dig at the one who started this thread. This makes two short fat kids this week that can run a sub five.:rolleyes:

sinton66
07-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Okay, I guess it just looked like you were picking on SF since you posted right after his. But, you should get ready, He's still gonna get ya though.:D

Sans Couth
07-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Okay, I guess it just looked like you were picking on SF since you posted right after his. But, you should get ready, He's still gonna get ya though.:D

I have seen pics of Sinton Fan. I think I could outrun him even with my bad leg.:D

Old Tiger
07-13-2004, 06:04 PM
that's sorry sans

Sans Couth
07-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Hey SF is my buddy. I can talk like this...just ask him.:p

SintonFan
07-13-2004, 08:12 PM
I have seen pics of Sinton Fan. I think I could outrun him even with my bad leg.:D
mighta been a little bold for this family board
jus havin some fun...

SintonFan
07-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Hey SF is my buddy. I can talk like this...just ask him.:p
I can run a sub 5 only if you were payin for the buffet!:D
Yes, we can talk like this. It's what makes this board great. :cool:

sinton66
07-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Heh heh, said the spider to the fly.:D