PDA

View Full Version : To Matthew328 and Sinton66

pakrat
07-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Can I talk about Osama bin Laden or is that too political? Can I talk about the French giving Lance Armstrong the shaft? Just how strict are your limits? You guys are party poopers.:D I just enjoyed reading all the seething comments when it was only politics and not the serious business of football.:)

X Man
07-10-2004, 01:15 AM
You know, when I clicked on this forum, the title was "Football Discussion". I like the Tour de France and all the political stuff, but if it does not involve football, it belongs somewhere else.

SintonFan
07-10-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by X Man
You know, when I clicked on this forum, the title was "Footbal Discussion". I like the Tour de France and all the political stuff, but if it does not involve football, it belongs somewhere else.
Been on this board for some time and this IS the first Presidential election year here.
;)
I love the thought of political talk but these folks here believe in "standards" and "integrity"!:rolleyes:
Who'd a thunk? :D
LOL
The offseason usually is reeeeeeally slow, you know?

jason
07-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by X Man
You know, when I clicked on this forum, the title was "Football Discussion". I like the Tour de France and all the political stuff, but if it does not involve football, it belongs somewhere else. lol, its the offseason dude...we gotta talk about other things besides football to keep ourselves occupied...

ej2525
07-10-2004, 08:06 AM
I have no problem talking about events going on in the world as well as the election coming up. This site was created to talk about TX HS football originally. But, I have been on the site approaching 3 years now & I like what it has evolved into. We can talk just about anything which I like as long as it stays clean & civil. That sort of talk (non football) usually happens in the offseason which makes it worth while to come check out the site!

Sans Couth
07-10-2004, 08:30 AM
The new rule does not say we can't talk about things other than football. Our fearless leaders are just tired of watching the left and right go at it on the politcal threads, and making stupid hateful remarks about each other, and each other's candidates. I for one am glad they have locked it down. Having fun about silly things that are not football related is just a way to fill in the offseason, and keep the board alive. Calling each other names in the political threads is a good way to run folks off. Good Call Sinton66 and Matthew. I think you made a great decision.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-10-2004, 02:52 PM
I agree with you Sans...even though we have had our arguments before. ;)

Sans Couth
07-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I agree with you Sans...even though we have had our arguments before. ;)

Besides...who needs a political thread to make fun of someone like BBDE. He is an easy target no matter what the subject.:D

sinton66
07-12-2004, 07:44 AM
We don't have a problem with other subjects. The intention is to restrict topics on American political parties and their current candidates, especially involving their standard rhetoric. These discussions had a way of straying off center and getting uncivil. If you want to discuss foreigners and other stuff, that's fine. The moderators have been instructed to delete any threads considered too political. In other words, they won't just be closed, they will be deleted.