PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield vs Lumberton

Bobcatfan4life
07-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Hey Cat22, how do you see this week 0 match going down? I don't know what our defense has yet, but you know about Lumberton's passing attack. Last time we played there was 2000. If I remember correctly the final was 29-28 Lumberton. Boy that West Orange-Jasper game is gonna be a dandy! Can't wait till the season!

Cat22
07-09-2004, 09:46 PM
I looked up Lumberton in DCTF and they have 5/2 starters coming back. I think OF has a good chance in this one, but with so many young kids this will be their first varsity game so you don't know how they will perform. I'm excited about Ramsey though, I think he will be a good one, I'm just not sure about the O-Line. Hopefully the young guys will step it up. This should be a close game.

WOS1
07-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
I looked up Lumberton in DCTF and they have 5/2 starters coming back. I think OF has a good chance in this one, but with so many young kids this will be their first varsity game so you don't know how they will perform. I'm excited about Ramsey though, I think he will be a good one, I'm just not sure about the O-Line. Hopefully the young guys will step it up. This should be a close game.

I personally hope ya'll paste one on that a$$. That Airraid dude is awfully annoying/

GS#17
07-09-2004, 10:24 PM
The Lumberton QB was very good last year as a soph, and I expect he'll be very strong this year. He had a good arm and could scramble well. They really didn't have much more than him on offense last season. Defensively, no one person really stood out, but they did real well as a unit. Traditionally, though, they will score some points and have a lot of points scored on them. It should be a good game, but if you guys can stop that QB, the Cats will start the season off with a W.

Bobcatfan4life
07-09-2004, 10:30 PM
I think that if the first timers on varsity can stay focused and keep their heads on straight they have a good shot at winning this one. I also agree with you Catt22 about Ramsey. I think he could maybe even end up being better than Modica was. I think that if our o line can give him time to get the ball to Peevey and Thomas our offense could be pretty good. Arceneaux could be a productive tailback as well.

Bobcatfan4life
07-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey GS#17, how bad did you guys beat Lumberton last year? Did they have any speed?

GS#17
07-10-2004, 11:40 AM
We beat them 14-7. They really weren't all that good, but neither were we that night. Like I said, their QB was good, but if you can stop him, you'll do well (eg., they had 26 rushes for 45 yards against us, and we had a 3 man front the entire game). Offensively, we were very predictable when we played them, so it's hard to judge how good their defense was; however, I will say they were not the biggest, fastest, or strongest I saw last year. I think you all will be able to move the ball well against them.