PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sans I hit a Jackpot in Sinton Video Store Today

PhiI C
07-09-2004, 08:21 PM
I found a copy of the old 1956 movie Gunslinger with John Ireland and Beverly Garland! They didn't rent it and it was for sale in the back. The copy is ok even though not good but since they don't show it on tv and don't rent it here anymore I grabbed it. It was a movie before its' time because Beverly Garland becomes the town marshall when her husband marshall is killed even if it is only termperary for two weeks till another marshall comes to town. This kind of movie was unheard of back then because remember this was long before Charlie's Angels and Catwoman, etc. The movie was in color and very good. John Ireland plays the gunslinger Cane miro. Ireland made many great movies and was nominated for best supporting actorn in All the King's Men and was in Spartucus. Beverly Garland was in many good movies and is probably best remembered for the last few years of My Three Sons on tv as Fred McMurray's wife. She also was in the Rory Calhoun western The Saga of Hemp Brown. Allison Hayes was in Gunslinger too and she was in many grade B movies but she was a capable beautiful actress. Johathan Haze plays Jake Hayes. He was the brother of the famous drummer Buddy Rich. The movie is great and is one that is not as easy to come by.

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 08:25 PM
The Saga of Hemp Brown:D

Now THAT was a flick.