PDA

View Full Version : 24-3A Predictions

Bobcatfan4life
07-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Who do you think will be the top three teams out of this district?

My prediction:
1.WO-S (who's predicting them not to finish first?)
2.Bridge City (even on a rebuilding year last year they were in the hunt, good talent coming back)
3.Anahuac (district champs last year and team speed)

Cat22
07-09-2004, 07:49 PM
That looks good, but I think that after WO-S and BC that any of the remaining teams can take the third spot. Even though OF will be young I still think they will compete.

I say:
1. WO-S
2. Bridge City
3. Hamshire Fannett

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 07:55 PM
1. WOS
2. Anahuac
3. Hamshire Fannett

WOS will be the only team left after round 2.

GS#17
07-09-2004, 08:14 PM
I don't know enough about Ham-Fan or Hardin-Jefferson to predict them in my top three; however, I was very impressed with Anahuac in the 7 on 7, and I would be more than surprised if they're not a playoff team. I also like BC's chances, they've got some good talent coming up, and I never count out OF, they're always in the hunt and they'll do well with their new coach. Overall, it should be a very competitive district. With that said:

1) WOS
2) Anahuac
3) Bridge City

Bobcatfan4life
07-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Any other thoughts on this district? The teams are:

West-Orange Stark
Bridge City
Orangefield
Anahuac
Hamshire-Fannett
Hardin-Jefferson

WOS92
07-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I'd go:
WO-S
Anahuac
Bridge City/O'field/Hamfan

Anahuac was very impressive in 7-on-7 and were district champs last year, so I'll slide them in the second spot. It's hard to get a read on Bridge City from their board. Some are predicting great things, while others are saying doomsday prayers. Orangefield will be looking to prove themselves after losing their coach following a strong season. Hamfan, quite simply, has "The Hat," and I don't know what that thing is capable of. I don't know what "The Hat" is, but, according to ALL of their posts, they bring it to every game. I am thinking it must have some sort of powers.

D. R. Hooks
07-10-2004, 08:45 PM
What town is Hardin-Jefferson located?

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

GS#17
07-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Sour Lake, if I'm not mistaken.

D. R. Hooks
07-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks....and nice logo BTW :D

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

ej2525
07-10-2004, 08:56 PM
If I am not mistaken... Hardin- Jefferson is a CISD & consists of the towns of Sour Lake (Hardin County) & China (Jefferson County). I could be wrong, but I think that is how the layout is. Can anyone confirm?

GS#17
07-10-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure you're right... I think the actual HS is in Sour Lake, though.

Bobkat
07-10-2004, 11:16 PM
After WOS and BC it's a tough call. Orangefield lost a lot, but I believe they will still compete for that third spot. You never really know what type of team Hamshire Fannett and Hardin Jefferson will have. The years they don't look good on paper they seem to always field a pretty good team. Hardin Jefferson has Orangefield's number and has for years. They beat Orangefield last year in the fog and I remember my junior year(88 football season) we were undefeated and ranked number 8 in the state and they came to our place and beat us by ten. On the other hand, Orangefield seems to have Anahuac's number. That could change this year, but Orangefield really put it on them last year at their place 33-14. They scored with less than a minute in the game to make it look a little better, but Orangefield really dominated them that night. So who knows what will happen. I really believe that any of these teams can finsh behind those top two.

1.West Orange-Stark
2.Bridge City
3.Orangefield (Got to go with my Cats baby!!!)