PDA

View Full Version : Thirty-Five Years Ago

BullFrog Dad
07-09-2004, 11:50 AM
We put a man on the Moon. But for the "Inquiring Minds" that want to know:The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Ft Worth, Texas

Fishy Man-Goat Terrifies Couples Parked at Lake Worth

Police Suspect Pranksters

By Jim Marrs, Thursday, July 10 1969
Six terrified residents told police early today they were attacked by a thing they described as
being half-man, half-goat and covered with fur and scales.

Four units of Fort Worth police and the residents searched in vain for the thing, which was
reported seen at Lake Worth, near Greer Island.

The six residents were parked near the island.

"WE'VE HAD REPORTS about this thing for about two months,' a police dispatcher said this
morning, "but we've always laughed them off as pranks."

This time, however, police apparently believe the six were frightened by someone or something.

Police said John Reichert of 920 S. Henderson told this story:

REICHART, ALONG WITH his wife and two other couples, was parked at Lake Worth about
midnight when someone or something leaped from a nearby tree and landed on their car.

The thing was described as being covered with fur and scales and being "part man and part goat."

Reichart said the thing tried to grab his wife but he drove off before it could touch her.

RETURNING TO THE scene with police, Reichert pointed out where the attack took place, but no
sign of the thing could be found.

Reichert showed officers an 18-inch scratch down the side of his car which he said the thing made
with its claw-like hands.

"We made a serious investigation," said patrolman James S. McGee, "because these people were
really scared."

HOWEVER, McGEE SAID the couples probably were the victims of pranksters, who either threw a
dummy on the car or dressed someone in an ape costume.

"That's a dangerous way to pull a prank," added McGee. "Someone is liable to get themselves
shot."

CHS_Grad '85
07-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Chupacabra!!!!:p:D

BullFrog Dad
07-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
Chupacabra!!!!:p:D CHS_Grad '85, I had to look that up. Wouldn't that be a great match-up? GoatMan vs. Chupacabra with the winner taking on the winner of the Sans Couth vs. WOSgrad 2004 3ADL HS Football Handicappers Challenge. Perhaps in a Skateboard Race. Tiger WR we made need your help!

CHS_Grad '85
07-09-2004, 01:15 PM
I'd buy a ticket... :D :clap: :D And seeing that goat is the Chupa's favorite meal - it would be a good fight... lol

The football challange is interesting... I like the 'spirited' arguments that this board gets into... keep me addicted... lol