PDA

View Full Version : To The WOS Posters

Sans Couth
07-08-2004, 06:34 PM
I know some of you guys think that I don't know anything about anything, so I have decided to throw down a challenge.

Beginning in Zero week I challenge the poster of yall's choosing to pick five games from each region. That is a total of 20 games a week for those of you keeping score at home.

I will make my predictions on those 20 games each week. After the 11 weeks of the regular season if I have not picked at least 180 winners out of 220 games I will perform whatever reasonable act of humility that we can agree on before the challenge starts. That is a .818 batting average by the way, and good enough to make me able to charge dearly for my picks. However if I pick 180 or more winners yall's most prominent poster shall include a tag in his or her signature line that claims me a Brilliant Football Mind.

I am putting my reputation where my mouth is. Any takers?

Ray_BearKat
07-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Excellent idea Sans, I hope some WOS posters take you up on the challenge.:)

WOS92
07-08-2004, 07:15 PM
I'll say this: I don't pretend to know everything about the entire field of 3A. Heck, I'm new to the class, so I'm way behind. I will, however, be happy to pick the teams that I DO know about. I really would prefer not to throw down a bunch of pseudo-knowledge about teams I really know very little about. Know what I mean?

WOS1
07-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Is this limited to 3A?

Sans Couth
07-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Is this limited to 3A?

Well that was my intention. Would that not be good enough? If you feel the need to broaden the game, then I guess I would be happy to comply. I am confident that I can bat .800+ regardless of classification, if you feel it is necessary.

WOS1
07-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
I know some of you guys think that I don't know anything about anything, so I have decided to throw down a challenge.

Beginning in Zero week I challenge the poster of yall's choosing to pick five games from each region. That is a total of 20 games a week for those of you keeping score at home.

I will make my predictions on those 20 games each week. After the 11 weeks of the regular season if I have not picked at least 180 winners out of 220 games I will perform whatever reasonable act of humility that we can agree on before the challenge starts. That is a .818 batting average by the way, and good enough to make me able to charge dearly for my picks. However if I pick 180 or more winners yall's most prominent poster shall include a tag in his or her signature line that claims me a Brilliant Football Mind.

I am putting my reputation where my mouth is. Any takers?

I for one do not doubt your knowledge of the game. I've read several of your posts since I've been around (I was originally Gasilla) and I actually agree with most of them. Hopefully, by the end of the season, you will learn to respect my views on this game as well (I know a little). I just felt like you were being a little "messy" with the Hooks quotes and I still don't think Purvey could hang 200 on our defense.;)

WOS1
07-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Well that was my intention. Would that not be good enough? If you feel the need to broaden the game, then I guess I would be happy to comply. I am confident that I can bat .800+ regardless of classification, if you feel it is necessary.

Dude... relax, the other thread is done as far as I'm concerned. I was just asking because we WO-S people are not AS familiar with 3A, that's all.

Sans Couth
07-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I for one do not doubt your knowledge of the game. I've read several of your posts since I've been around (I was originally Gasilla) and I actually agree with most of them. Hopefully, by the end of the season, you will learn to respect my views on this game as well (I know a little). I just felt like you were being a little "messy" with the Hooks quotes and I still don't think Purvey could hang 200 on our defense.;)

I will concede the fact that the Hooks Post may have stirred more than it should, however I think he left himself open for just that.

On the other hand...Purvey is capable of hanging 200 on ANY defense in Texas. Don't feel bad about that one. On a good day Purvey could hang 200 on Galena Park.

GS#17
07-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Feel it is necessary? My, don't we feel important. You issue a challenge to yourself and somehow cloak it into a competition between WOS posters and you. Heck, this isn't anything more than a cry for a pat on the back. Okay, if you want someone to say you know something about high school football, I will be the first one to do it: Sans, you know something about high school football, welcome to the club. Now, I hope you feel better about yourself.

Sans Couth
07-08-2004, 10:05 PM
YAWNNNNNN

WOS1
07-08-2004, 10:09 PM
"however I think he left himself open for just that."

As I did in the other thread, I don't completely disagree with that. You really would have to know Hooks. He's a wonderful person and a great coach, but a politician he is not. It's safe to say he's a little rough around the edges, but he would NEVER disrespect anyone or any opponent.

Haunta Yo
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
The Gainesville receiver was a big threat and I think he and Purvey combined created big problems for defenses...

Does Gainesville have anyone to keep defenses honest? If not, yards could be much harder for Purvey to come by this season (he'll still get a bunch of 'em though)

GS#17
07-08-2004, 10:14 PM
I will concede the fact that the Hooks Post may have stirred more than it should, however I think he left himself open for just that.

Let me get this right. You are conceding a fact that something may have done something? That has to be the weakest stance I've seen, yet. At least take a position -- it either did or didn't stir up more than it should. It's not much of a fact that it could have stirred up more than it should. Thanks, Mr. Obvious...

Sans Couth
07-08-2004, 10:21 PM
I guess it is YOU GS that just wants to fight. Go read your thread that I wrote just for you.

GS#17
07-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Go read the reply. :)

CRHSeagle
07-09-2004, 11:02 AM
So is any WOS fan going to take Sans on his offer?

BullFrog Dad
07-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
So is any WOS fan going to take Sans on his offer? This could be a fun contest for all 3ADL members! But I would like to make one little mod to the challenge that will make it really interesting. Last year, Collier-Sharp assigned point spreads to the HS games. If that's the case this year, pick winners by spreads. Then we'll see who knows what!!!

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
This could be a fun contest for all 3ADL members! But I would like to make one little mod to the challenge that will make it really interesting. Last year, Collier-Sharp assigned point spreads to the HS games. If that's the case this year, pick winners by spreads. Then we'll see who knows what!!!

Geez BF, batting .818 aint good enough for you when I let someone else pick the games? Now I gotta work against spreads too? What exactly are you willing to put up if I accept YOUR challenge?

BullFrog Dad
07-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Geez BF, batting .818 aint good enough for you when I let someone else pick the games? Now I gotta work against spreads too? What exactly are you willing to put up if I accept YOUR challenge? My son's OLD Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle skateboard.

WOSgrad
07-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Okay, Sans. You're on. I'll even lessen the load a bit for you. When I was in school, 70% was a passing grade, so you only have to hit .700. I'll pick 5 games involving only 3A teams.

I'll name the five games in each region by noon on the Sunday of the week of the football games. You will post your picks by noon on that Thursday. That will be the 20 games a week from Week 0 through Week 10-220 games. By my calculation, .700 hitting percentage for 220 games is 154 games.

If you hit it, I'll use your proposed signature line exclusively through the end of the 2005 football season.

If you don't, you must use this signature line:

"West Orange-Stark Mustang football fans are the most knowledgable in the state, barring classification...and I was just plain stupid to try and pick on them."

Deal?

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Thank You WOSgrad

We have a deal.
Noon by Sunday would be appreciated. That will give me some time to think.

Your signature line works for me. But I think we should just make it for week eleven thru the start of 2005 two a days. But I am open for a whole year win or lose.

Should I get lucky, I would like you to use the following signature line.

Sans Couth is a Brilliant Football Mind. We he speaks you would be wise to listen.:D

I think we have a deal

Good Luck, and may the best man win.:D

Old Tiger
07-09-2004, 12:26 PM
My son's OLD Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle skateboard. hE HAD ONE OF THOSE TOO!!!! :D

BullFrog Dad
07-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Okay, Sans. You're on. I'll even lessen the load a bit for you. When I was in school, 70% was a passing grade, so you only have to hit .700. I'll pick 5 games involving only 3A teams.

I'll name the five games in each region by noon on the Sunday of the week of the football games. You will post your picks by noon on that Thursday. That will be the 20 games a week from Week 0 through Week 10-220 games. By my calculation, .700 hitting percentage for 220 games is 154 games.

If you hit it, I'll use your proposed signature line exclusively through the end of the 2005 football season.

If you don't, you must use this signature line:

"West Orange-Stark Mustang football fans are the most knowledgable in the state, barring classification...and I was just plain stupid to try and pick on them."

Deal? Will Ya'll need the skateboard or can I put it in the Garage Sale this weekend?

WOSgrad
07-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Your signature line works for me. But I think we should just make it for week eleven thru the start of 2005 two a days

Good Luck, and may the best man win.:D

That time period is fine with me. Good luck to you, too. It oughta be fun.

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Will Ya'll need the skateboard or can I put it in the Garage Sale this weekend?

NO, go ahead and send it to me if you don't mind. I am going to sell it on eBay for nacho money:D

JK, good luck in the garage sale.

Bigdog1
07-09-2004, 03:45 PM
God forbid that anyones ego be bruised... Yes sans, I'm talking to you. I don't question your knowledge, but this little pi$$in' match shows lack of maturity. You know alot about 3A football, thats nice, you know it, and other people acknowledge it. Your spat with the wos posters should have been over in the other thread, continuing it on just makes you look like a teenager, which I assume you are not.

D. R. Hooks
07-09-2004, 03:51 PM
all right, Nederland is in the house!

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

D. R. Hooks
07-09-2004, 03:58 PM
dp

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Bigdog1
God forbid that anyones ego be bruised... Yes sans, I'm talking to you. I don't question your knowledge, but this little pi$$in' match shows lack of maturity. You know alot about 3A football, thats nice, you know it, and other people acknowledge it. Your spat with the wos posters should have been over in the other thread, continuing it on just makes you look like a teenager, which I assume you are not.

Go away Kid you are botherin me. Come back when you have more than 2 posts on this board and maybe someone will CARE what you have to say. This is all good clean fun between the fine folks at WOS and myself, and if we want your opinion we will beat it out of you.

Bigdog1
07-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Ah, exactly the response I expected from the likes of you. You know for some one who professes, (to anyone who will listen) to be this football jedi master, you sound more and more like a sixteen year old kid with zits on his face that sits in front of the computer all the time. Oh, btw , I guess you also speak for all people on this board too?

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Let me just say this. And I feel I can probably speak for the majority of this board. I have read all THREE posts that you have made so far, and NOBODY CARES what you think.:tongue:

Furthermore, If you don't quit pestering me. I am gonna squeeze you like a gnat, and you won't be able to do anything her but read.

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 04:24 PM
See, the difference between the fine folks and WOS and yourself, is they are willing to wait until I fail before they call me names. Any 2nd grader can do what you are doing. Of course after I pick the winners, folks like you will just disappear into the night, because you don't like the taste of crow.:D

Bigdog1
07-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh, okay :rolleyes: So, you've been on this board three months longer than I and have 1800 posts. Quality over quantity boy. You've expunged your knowledge about whatever you think you know for 1800 posts, probably 100 of them in that last thread, in which you never quite made your point known. I guess that makes you the guru of the board.:doh:[COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue]

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 04:28 PM
YAWNNNN

Bigdog1
07-09-2004, 04:29 PM
I never questioned your picks. Changing the subject again hmmm? I said why continue throwing barbs when the conversation was over.

Sans Couth
07-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about. You need to go check the dates and times of when these threads were started. Nobody is "throwing barbs" at anyone. This is good clean fun, and if you have a problem with that, I will be happy to show you my other side.

Bigdog1
07-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Oh, you already have, multiple times. :)

HighSchool Fan
07-09-2004, 04:35 PM
bigdog1 you sure have one heck of away of making friends on here. so far Sans is correct, no one here cares what you have to say. you say quality over quantity, well, show me your quality.

Bigdog1
07-09-2004, 04:39 PM
I was simply asking him why he felt the need to start two more threads to continue what was ended in another, and don't tell me your little "Does your team lack luster" thread was not just stirring the pot more.

HighSchool Fan
07-09-2004, 04:43 PM
Don't seem like he is stirring the pot to me. It looks like he is trying to do something interesting.

Bigdog1
07-09-2004, 04:56 PM
I am mainly speaking of the other thread.

pakrat
07-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Bulldog1, When did the Nederland Bulldogs drop to 3A. I thought they were in 4A. Are you on here because the 4A board is too dull?

X Man
07-10-2004, 01:10 AM
What you don't know is that West Orange and Stark were both 3A schools before the merger, so don't sit there and think WOS fans don't know anything about 3A.

SintonFan
07-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Bigdog1
I never questioned your picks. Changing the subject again hmmm? I said why continue throwing barbs when the conversation was over.
Ya know something? I always give ANY new poster the benefit of the doubt but sometimes I have to wonder. You PMed me earlier seeking info on my sig and I 'welcomingly'(hey I made a word!) complied. I gave YOU the benefit of the doubt. Many come on this board and join this GREAT FAMILY. We all don't agree but get along. Any family has their "black sheep". Just don't get on here showing the backside of your bi-polar condition.
FYI, Sans came on here a few months ago and made some friends first...

WOS1
07-10-2004, 04:21 AM
Xman and Bulldog, we appreciate your willingness to "get our back", but your beating a dead horse here. The debate from the other day is over with and there is really no sense in getting it all going again. If you choose NOT to let this sleeping dog lay then you're going to be on your own. Just my .02...:D

Sans Couth
07-10-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by X Man
What you don't know is that West Orange and Stark were both 3A schools before the merger, so don't sit there and think WOS fans don't know anything about 3A.

LOL,

God you are sensitive. This post has NOTHING to do with how much WOS knows about 3A football.

Here is some advice. Put a chip on your OTHER shoulder and at least you will be a well balanced.

Bigdog1
07-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Wos1, see the thread GS#17. It just proves what I'm trying to say.