PDA

View Full Version : How Juvenile!!!!

Ranger Mom
07-08-2004, 10:10 AM
I took everyone's advice and went on to the Dr. this morning......I have freaking PINK EYE!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: (Which I have come to believe means "you have something wrong with your eye, but we don't know what!")

He lifted up my eyelid (and just about got my fist in his nose) and said I had an infection there.

He put me on some drops every 30 minutes for the rest of today and then normal dose starting tomorrow. Gave me some Zyrtec for the swelling and suggested cold compresses.

I forgot to ask him about treating the other eye, but I think I will anyway since it's supposed to be contagious.

Thanks for all the advice. When I got up this morning and couldn't even open my eye, I knew it wasn't just gonna go away!

I thought this pretty much reserved for kids.....I guess I'd better start acting my age!!:D :D :D

ej2525
07-08-2004, 10:15 AM
That's a BUMMER!!!

Ray_BearKat
07-08-2004, 11:10 AM
RM, my sty never fully formed yeterday and toady is virtually non-existent. I will take another Claritin-D today just to make sure its fully gone. But the Zyrtec the doctor gave you is really just an allergy pill, I used to take for my allergies, all the puffiness is just fluid collecting from the blockage...what the zyrtec will do is just break-up that blockage and allow the swelling to go away.

Well, I'm glad you are finally on the road to recovery and I hope you feel better...I know that next time my eye starts feeling wierd I will take my allergy medication and try to stop it before it gets worse.:)

Greenwood Teach
07-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Pink eye is so painful! It has always seemed that when one of my 1st graders would get it, so would everyone else. I think that it is air born. Make sure and wash your hands a lot! I hope it gets better real soon.

Old Dog
07-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Will this mess up your week-end to Inks? Hope not.......

Ranger Mom
07-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Nah.....I'm tough!!

I may not be real purty to have to look at though!!

;) <-----(That's me with my one eye swollen shut!)

ej2525
07-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Just look for Popeye when you look for RM. :D