PDA

View Full Version : Olymphics Are Coming Soon!

Phil C
07-07-2004, 01:40 PM
We will be able to enjoy it as they come from Athens, Greece. Remember, the spirit of the Olymphics is in individuals and teams and not politics. I am sure most of watch it with the idea of watching individual achievement and competition and don't get caught up in this country metal thing and get to cheering for indivdual countries :) but rather for the spirit that it is intended for individual and team appreciation. Right? :)

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-07-2004, 07:42 PM
I Cheer for the USA, and I hope we out metal all other countries. In fact, I hope to see some Stars and Stripes being ran around the track after a victory. No way do I support some political correctness with regards to our country and athletic competition.

Sans Couth
07-07-2004, 07:44 PM
What exactly are the "Olymphics"?

La Grange
07-07-2004, 07:45 PM
I could of swore that is was the Olympics :D .

Old Tiger
07-07-2004, 07:48 PM
what is this olymphics you speak of?

barbosa
07-07-2004, 08:21 PM
I can't wait till friday when the Track and Field trials start. For me the olympics (SP) are Track and field. I could really care less for the other sports except for maybe wrestling. Track and Field always is more exciting and with out a doubt has the best Athletes than any other sport.
I am going to be rooting for the Baylor 400m athletes and the TCU 400m guy. Jeremy Warnier (Baylor) will be a strong contender and if he stays consistent he will make the team. The guy is unbelieveable. The trial will be very interesting because there are so many races before the finals and some crazy stuff can happen.
Anyway good luck to all and go U.S.A.

La Grange
07-07-2004, 08:26 PM
I like watching the swimming better than the track and field. The 50 and 100 meter freestyle is usually decided by less than .01 seconds. If anyone has tried to swim as fast as they could for 50 meters they would appreciate these atheletes.

vfunk
07-07-2004, 09:12 PM
I completely agree Barbosa....track is my number 1. But the wife and I will be glued to the Gymnastics and swimming and diving for sure. I look more forward to the Olympics than the super bowl or world series. And by the way...Wariner has been consistent all year. He will be a relay alternate at the very least. I just hope DaBryan Blanton can make the team. Everyone look for him at the trials!!

jason
07-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by barbosa
I can't wait till friday when the Track and Field trials start. For me the olympics (SP) are Track and field. I could really care less for the other sports except for maybe wrestling. Track and Field always is more exciting and with out a doubt has the best Athletes than any other sport.
I am going to be rooting for the Baylor 400m athletes and the TCU 400m guy. Jeremy Warnier (Baylor) will be a strong contender and if he stays consistent he will make the team. The guy is unbelieveable. The trial will be very interesting because there are so many races before the finals and some crazy stuff can happen.
Anyway good luck to all and go U.S.A. dabryan blanton from forney and OU will be competing in the trials...

vfunk
07-07-2004, 09:16 PM
yeah...thats what i said.....get off of it...i said it first...haha....riiiiiight

Cat22
07-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Everyone also look for Eric Eshbach from Orangefield in the PV. Good Luck Eric.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by jason
dabryan blanton from forney and OU will be competing in the trials...

Best of luck to DaBryan!!!

3afan
07-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I Cheer for the USA, and I hope we out metal all other countries. In fact, I hope to see some Stars and Stripes being ran around the track after a victory. No way do I support some political correctness with regards to our country and athletic competition.
i guess i hope we "out metal all other countries" ... at least it could help the trade deficit ;)