1. Decatur
2. Carrollton Ranchview
3. Bridgeport
4. Lake Worth
5. Little Elm
6. River Oaks Castleberry

1. Decatur Eagles Starters Returning 5/5 Last Year: 10-2
Key Players: QB Chandler Dane, WR Brian Christian, LB/RB Jerrod Spence
Outlook: The Eagles are 22-3 the past 2 seasons and are looking for even bigger things this year....Dane puts up huge numbers in DHS spread offense throwing for 3288 yards and 27 TD's last year.....Christian is another pre-season all stater caught 14 TD's and 1424 yards.....Decatur suffered a tough loss this past playoffs against Vernon 27-21.....when the Eagles have lost the past 2 years typically the D has let em down....as the offense has always put up numbers....for Decatur to take the next step the D will have to step it up a little..

2. Carrollton Ranchview Wolves Starters Returning N/A Last Year: 9-1 (JV Schedule)
Key Players: RB/DB Shaka Harris, QB John Chiles, DB Pete Perssinger
Outlook: The Wolves look to do the rarest of rare feats in Texas High School Football and make the playoffs in their first year of Varsity football....and the Wolves have the tools to do it....Ranchview rolled through a schedule of 5A JV's and private school varsitys with all sophomores...Shaka Harris is the main cog in RHS offense with sub 4.5 speed if he gets the corner its goodnight.....Chiles gives Ranchview a viable passing threat as well.....the key will be how Ranchview responds to the pressure of the Friday night lights....

3. Bridgeport Bulls Starters Returning 6/9 Last Year: 5-5
Key Players: RB Colin Jones, DL Ross Basham, DB Leonard Whitsitt
Outlook: The first post-Daugherty year in Bridgeport had its ups and downs but with 15 starters back....things are looking up for Coach Henson's crew....Jones and Whitsitt give BHS excellent speed on both sides of the ball.....

4. Lake Worth Bullfrogs Starters Returning 3/6 Last Year: 2-8
Key Players: OL Kyle Johnson, WR/DB Kentwan Bonham, QB Jamal Ibriham
Outlook: Lake Worth only won 2 games last year but really improved as the season progressed....the question is can that sucess carry over into 2004....Bonham provides the 'Frogs excellent speed on the outside and Johnson is an excellent run blocker..if Ibriham can realize his potential keep and eye on LW.....

5. Little Elm Lobos Starters Returning Last Year: 5-5
Key Players: RB Adam Bruhn, OL Theron Smith, LB Jeremy Wood
Outlook: Little Elm is one of the fastest growing cities in the state so this may be their last run in 3A as their enrollment has grown over 200 students the past 2 years...at thier current pace Little Elm will be around 950 next realignment.....so the winning needs to start now...the Lobos have never made the playoffs and in a tough district it could be even longer with 4A looming on the horizon..

6. River Oaks Castleberry Lions Starters Returning 7/6 Last Year: 4-6
Key Players: RB Gerald Sheldon, LB Daniel Lee, C Johnathan DeForest
Outlook: After banging heads with the likes of Everman, Kennedale and Wilmer-Hutchins the past 4 seasons...Castleberry trades top heavy districts for a top to bottom strong district....Shelbon is a game breaker with great speed and showed tremendous ability last year in a 100 yard effort against Everman...he is also an excellent reciever out of the backfield...but the Lions will need more weapons to be competitive...

VWG
07-06-2004, 07:41 AM
I've heard where Little Elm will be adding another high school in the next year or two to offset the population growth in one school.
Any truth to this??

Matthew328
07-06-2004, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't think so....maybe they are just building a new high school becuase the old one can't handle the growth.....

CRHSeagle
07-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Man, last place?

Matthew328
07-06-2004, 12:54 PM
I think that last place pick will be a consenus wherever you look.....Castleberry will likely struggle

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-06-2004, 05:25 PM
decatur has gotten extremely talented these past few years. good luck to them this season

slpybear the bullfan
07-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Matt,

I think you are pretty spot on with pick#1. After that, I am curious to see how it all shakes out.

I am VERY Curious to see how well C-RV does this year. I think they have incredible potential to do well in 3A.

By the way, does anyone have a copy of C-RV's schedule? I am interested in their pre-district run.

Man, I cannot wait for Football season to arrive...

Looking forward to some lively 7-3A talk...

3afan
07-07-2004, 12:56 PM
I think Ranchview is more a 3rd-4th-5th place team ...... there's a huge difference between playing a JV and a varsity schedule. Decatur & Bridgeport are solid & LW has a good program so they'll bounce back.

rhino33
07-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Ranchview Varsity Schedule

Date/Time Game

Aug 14th
Bonham (Scrimmage)

Aug 19th
TBA (Scrimmage)

Aug 27th
7:30
Hillcrest at Franklin

Sept 4th
7:00
Woodrow Wilson at Standridge

Sept 11th
7:00
Pinkston at Standridge

Sept 24th
Crandall at Crandall

Oct 1st
TCA at Standridge

Oct 8th
Lake Worth at Lake Worth

Oct 15th
Decatur at Decatur

Oct 22nd
Little Elm at Standridge

Oct 29th
Fort Worth Castleberry
Location TBA

Nov 6th
2:00
Bridgeport at Standridge

slpybear the bullfan
07-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks Rhino!

Matthew328
07-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Ranchview is interesting because of the fact they are playing 3A and not coming in 5A or 4A.......Killeen Harker Heights and Mansfield Summit are great examples of schools that have been successful right away...I believe Harker Heights was a playoff time their first year in 4A......and Summit was 5-5 in year 1 and won district their second year in 5A.....Ranchview has the same type of JV pedigree these 2 schools had in fact...thier pedigree is probably better.....and they are starting out in 3A....

slpybear the bullfan
07-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Agreed. I think it would be wise to take them very seriously. There has been some pretty interesting info out about them...

rhino33
07-09-2004, 06:44 PM
no problem slybear