PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Jesuit & Houston Strake jesuit how will they fare

Old Green
07-05-2004, 12:33 PM
I know it's not 3A,but how do you think they will fare this year with public schools in the U.I.L.

I think Dallas Jesuit can contend in District 10-5A with the Richardson and Carrollton schools.

Houston Strake Jesuit on the other hand in 19-5A will have to deal with Katy and Alief schools . My opinion is that Strke Jesuit will be done in most of those district games by halftime.

pakrat
07-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Serves them right. They want to recruit players so let them compete on the highest level. Houston Strake Jesuit used to be a doormat anytime they played out of the church league. They got it turned around, but got in trouble with their league for recruiting violations of some sort.

Ray_BearKat
07-06-2004, 07:34 PM
Dallas Jesuit will by far have an easier road in district...they may even make the playoffs but thats it. Nothing more from them.

Houston Strake Jesuit, will not even make the playoff in that district.

Tiger Turtle
07-07-2004, 08:58 AM
At Sealy, we scrimmaged Strake for several years. They had great size but not a lot of speed and our li'l old 3A squad held their own pretty well. I would have pegged them for a middle of the pack 4A based on direct observation. I don't think they will do very well against Katy and Alief, at least for a while, until they have a chance to adjust to the higher level of competition. Actually, we played Second Baptist for a couple of years and they were better than Strake, although they played pretty dirty. :thinking:

JasperDog94
07-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
I don't think they will do very well against Katy and Alief, at least for a while, until they have a chance to adjust to the higher level of competition. Don't you mean until they've had ample time to recruit?