PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Warm Up Music

BurnetBulldog
11-01-2003, 07:56 AM
Yes it's off the wall question...but...Wanted to know if anyone knew all the titles used for Burnets home game warmups...looking to rip them from the net...thx

3afan
11-01-2003, 08:15 AM
i think playing good music during warmups and at other right times (right b4 kickoff, timeouts, etc.) can really enhance have the game experience ... i went to a UNT game earlier this year and altho they play in crappy Fouts Field (which is a detriment to UNT being taken seriously as a DI football program) they did a really good job with the music ... forney does not play any music

BurnetBulldog
11-01-2003, 08:18 AM
I agree...when I was at Burnet there was no 'warm up' music. And the music they are playing now is great for working out/preparing (which is why I want to get these songs/know a couple of 'em but not all)...hoping one of the kids that hop on here from Burnet could help out...

BurnetBulldog
11-01-2003, 10:51 AM
ttt

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Hi...im in the band and each year we change our warm up music.......we haven't played the same warm-up music this year that we played last year..but this year we play a part of a song called..maxiumum strength warmup! But next year it will be different!

ENJOY!

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 01:50 PM
One of the songs that we play in the bleachers is EYE OF THE TIGER and We do play HEY BABY for our football team!

3afan
11-01-2003, 02:14 PM
hold on ------------- i'm talking about good, loud, rock (etc.) music played over a good sound system! not the band. are you kidding me? there's a world of difference ........

olddawggreen
11-01-2003, 02:20 PM
3afan:
hold on ------------- i'm talking about good, loud, rock (etc.) music played over a good sound system! not the band. are you kidding me? there's a world of difference ........3afan I thought that was what you were talking about. I don't know what songs Burnet uses, but they play it loud and I think it has a great effect.

b-townhottie06
11-01-2003, 02:35 PM
WHY DONT YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

3afan2K3
11-01-2003, 02:41 PM
b-townhottie06:
WHY DONT YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.This is a football message board so they are talking about warm-up music for the FOOTBALL team. Noone cares about the band... at the forney game yesterday fans clapped and cheered when the band was DONE because they were holding up the game with their dumb band bo award stuff.

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

3afan
11-01-2003, 03:09 PM
b-townhottie06:
WHY DONT YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.I could say the same thing to you, but I won't. we were talking apples & oranges - no big deal. wink

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

BurnetBulldog
11-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Dear god...was just wanting the songs used on the cd during warmups...not the band songs.

Rabbit'93
11-01-2003, 04:05 PM
3afan2K3:

b-townhottie06:
WHY DONT YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.This is a football message board so they are talking about warm-up music for the FOOTBALL team. Noone cares about the band... at the forney game yesterday fans clapped and cheered when the band was DONE because they were holding up the game with their dumb band bo award stuff.If I was your dad I would put you in band for making such a disrespectful comment. What might be dumb to you is pertinent to someone else.

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

JasperDog94
11-01-2003, 04:08 PM
3afan2K3:

b-townhottie06:
WHY DONT YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.This is a football message board so they are talking about warm-up music for the FOOTBALL team. Noone cares about the band... at the forney game yesterday fans clapped and cheered when the band was DONE because they were holding up the game with their dumb band bo award stuff.You, my friend, are a grade A JERK. There are plenty of people who care about the band. How pompous of you to think that just because you don't, that nobody else does. I'll say it again. GROW UP!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

3afan
11-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Rabbit'93:

3afan2K3:

b-townhottie06:
WHY DONT YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.This is a football message board so they are talking about warm-up music for the FOOTBALL team. Noone cares about the band... at the forney game yesterday fans clapped and cheered when the band was DONE because they were holding up the game with their dumb band bo award stuff.If I was your dad I would put you in band for making such a disrespectful comment. What might be dumb to you is pertinent to someone else.well, we are in America ..... free speech my friend !!!!!

3afan
11-01-2003, 05:05 PM
JasperDog94:

3afan2K3:

b-townhottie06:
WHY DONT YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.This is a football message board so they are talking about warm-up music for the FOOTBALL team. Noone cares about the band... at the forney game yesterday fans clapped and cheered when the band was DONE because they were holding up the game with their dumb band bo award stuff.You, my friend, are a grade A JERK. There are plenty of people who care about the band. How pompous of you to think that just because you don't, that nobody else does. I'll say it again. GROW UP!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: now now - no need for name calling ......... of course some people care about the bands .... your opinions differ on the matter, so be it

SintonFan
11-01-2003, 05:15 PM
3afan:

Rabbit'93:

3afan2K3:

b-townhottie06:
WHY DONT YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.This is a football message board so they are talking about warm-up music for the FOOTBALL team. Noone cares about the band... at the forney game yesterday fans clapped and cheered when the band was DONE because they were holding up the game with their dumb band bo award stuff.If I was your dad I would put you in band for making such a disrespectful comment. What might be dumb to you is pertinent to someone else.well, we are in America ..... free speech my friend !!!!!It looks like irresponsible comments like this should be ignored? Not likely...
The kid doesn't have to like band(noone does), but respect should be universal. Those kids(band) I'm sure worked hard and deserve to be recognized without flippant "holding up the game" comments...

White&Crimson
11-01-2003, 05:25 PM
3afan2K3:

b-townhottie06:
WHY DONT YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE MORE CLEAR ABOUT WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.This is a football message board so they are talking about warm-up music for the FOOTBALL team. Noone cares about the band... at the forney game yesterday fans clapped and cheered when the band was DONE because they were holding up the game with their dumb band bo award stuff.Well you have to realize that what you say is going to be offensive to others! Many bands go all out to support the football team...yelling and cheering during the game, giving up 3rd quarter break so that they can keep playing for the team and fans, etc.
You said no one cares about the band, but many people do...I'm sure there are band parents who come to the game who don't care about the football team but want to support their band kids. Why are you complaining about the band awards but not the homecoming queen stuff? As I recall, that seems to take up a huge portion of halftime during homecoming. How about the way they take time to introduce senior cheerleaders? Those darn cheerleaders! They are holding up the game! How dare they get a little recognition for what they do! :rolleyes:
And by the way it is spelled "beau" not "bo". wink

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: White&Crimson ]</small>

3afan
11-01-2003, 05:26 PM
of course they work hard and deserve to be recognized -- no doubt. but opinions is what this board is all about. sure his opinion about the band(s) is, uh, lets say - controversial - but he does have the right to say it. no need to get all worked up about anything anyone says on here ... especially what a kid says.

by the way - kaufman's band wasn't bad. forney's could use some originality and some home grown music (enuf of the russian composers already!).

SintonFan
11-01-2003, 05:32 PM
3afan, you know if he's gonna make comments like that then he needs to be held responsible for them. He's gonna catch alot of flack for it.

3afan
11-01-2003, 05:42 PM
SintonFan:
3afan, you know if he's gonna make comments like that then he needs to be held responsible for them. He's gonna catch alot of flack for it.sure he's gonna catch flack - he's going to have to deal with them ...

PAINTBALL
11-01-2003, 05:50 PM
BurnetBulldog:
Yes it's off the wall question...but...Wanted to know if anyone knew all the titles used for Burnets home game warmups...looking to rip them from the net...thxI think they play different music each week depending on which C.D. is picked out by the managers. The system and the C.D.s I believe come from the weight room. The boys listen to the music while lifting weights. Not so loud. Thank goodness or it would damage their eardrums.

Rabbit'93
11-01-2003, 06:23 PM
3afan I agree whole-heartedly about the choices our band plays. Brack May recycles the same things year after year. I really think we need some new blood. I watch halftime to check out the other schools' band rather than our own which is really a shame. I just don't think our kids get excited to play. But who would get excited about playing in front of people who just want you get off the field anyway.

3afan
11-01-2003, 07:03 PM
last night the halftime went about 40 minutes, that was the problem. FHS decided to award their academic blankets at halftime b4 the visiting band performed and that took about 15 minutes. they usually do that b4 the game - why they changed that up i don't know. then the kaufman band did what i assume was their usual show. then the forney band did the first part of theirs (zzzzzz) then they started the band "bo"/sweetheart stuff. by that time kaufman and the official were ON THE FIELD waiting for the 2nd half kickoff. the forney team was still in the endzone waiting. the officials & kaufman coached were hot, at least it appeared that way. anyway, when the announcer finally said "this concludes our halftime ..." some folks cheered.

by the way - i really thought kaufman would put up a better fight. i dont see how they beat crandall ...

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

Rabbit'93
11-01-2003, 07:28 PM
I had heard from a coach friend in Crandall that it was just one of those nights. Their boys didn't come to play and Kaufmans did.

I totally agree that last nights halftime show was way too long. Maybe we should put some pressure on the school replace the director the way a community puts pressure on a coach. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

3afan
11-01-2003, 07:54 PM
well as long as they keep getting those division 1 ratings ...

but i'd love to ask him to make a big F and walk off the field playing the fight song instead of that little ricky beat with the single drum ... ugh

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

Rabbit'93
11-01-2003, 08:36 PM
I think he's been doing the same thing since the mid 80's.

olddawggreen
11-01-2003, 09:43 PM
AND PLAYING NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT IN BURNET BULLDOG STATIUM FOR PRE GAME WARM UP! GLEN CAMBELL, RHINESTONE COWBOY, WHICHTA LINEMAN, GALVESTON, BY THE TIME I GET TO PHOENIX, HEY LITTLE ONE, GENTLE ON MY MIND, DREAMS OF A EVERYDAY HOUSE WIFE, and much, much more!....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

20dawgz05
11-01-2003, 10:47 PM
i dont know what it is but i love the mix thang that would play over the loud speaker every friday morning during announcments that was tight!!!!!!!!

JasperDog94
11-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Rabbit'93:
I had heard from a coach friend in Crandall that it was just one of those nights. Their boys didn't come to play and Kaufmans did.

I totally agree that last nights halftime show was way too long. Maybe we should put some pressure on the school replace the director the way a community puts pressure on a coach. Wouldn't that be a hoot.That already happens more often than you think. It's just not a big news story like it is with a football coach. But it does happen, trust me.

JasperDog94
11-02-2003, 09:59 AM
3afan:

SintonFan:
3afan, you know if he's gonna make comments like that then he needs to be held responsible for them. He's gonna catch alot of flack for it.sure he's gonna catch flack - he's going to have to deal with them ...Well so far we haven't seen him back here to deal with his comments. :( :rolleyes:

mwisnews
11-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Well since they got all 1's in UIL how did they do Regionals and then in state?

3afan
11-02-2003, 11:55 AM
no idea - all i know is what they annouce at the football games

Gilmer Buckeye
11-02-2003, 02:19 PM
This is the first year the Buckeyes have warmed up to 'Jock Jams' and the like.

The first game it was tried they began with AC/DC's 'Back in Black.' The Buckeyes wear all black at home and had been on the road. I think my pastor must have complained about the 'satanic' heavy metal being played because I haven't heard it since. I thought it was a very appropriate song.

Gawdalmighty, though, if I ever go to another stadium like Wills Point or Pleasant Grove last year where they're blaring out that horrid Alan Jackson/Toby Keith crap, I'm gonna have to heave on their sound system.

The funniest incident this year was during that same game against Pleasant Grove when about midway through the second quarter 'Who Let the Dogs Out?' was played. Only a couplr of minutes later, a big red mutt came running out onto the field interrupting play.

BTW, some of our band parents complained that the tracks over the PA system were drowning out what the band itself was trying to play, including our fight song.

Gotta be careful to include the band in your school spirit activities. There are so many more parents of band members, cheerleaders, drill team members, etc., than there are athletes on the field. It makes sense from a political standpoint to coddle them somewhat. There is a lot of inherent resentment toward jocks that the 'out crowd' kids just naturally feel. Look at what happened at Columbine, for instance.

White&Crimson
11-02-2003, 03:42 PM
mwisnews:
Well since they got all 1's in UIL how did they do Regionals and then in state?This year is not a state year for 3A. First you go to district (I think that's what it's called) UIL and if you get 1's then you go to area IF it is a state year. Then if you rank high enough in area (they take a certain number of bands) you go to state. Only every other year is a state year, they rotate by 3A/5A, 4A/2A I believe. I wish they'd change it and give all the kids a chance to get to state every year.