PDA

View Full Version : Perryington's numbers don't add up ???

Haunta Yo
07-02-2004, 11:33 PM
According to DCTF:

Pairingtun (DCTF's #3 ranked team) averaged nearly 600 ypg. That means around 7,000 yards last year in 12 games.

9 offensive starters return - Lost TE to Graduation.

RB ran for 995 yards.
QB threw for 850 yards and didn't rush for more than 1,300 so he's got 2,150 total offense on the year at the most.

Did the TE rush for the unaccounted 4,000+ yards ???

I guess 8 other players could have rushed for 500 yards each last year?

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN?

:thinking:

wildstangs
07-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Do you mean Perryton?

Haunta Yo
07-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Yea,yea. Periton, Pairington, whatever.
Regardless of the spelling, where's the missing yardage in Perritun? I did't spell it right, but it doesn't look like they can add...

If they're playing in December, I'll spell it right and I may even find out Pairingtun's school colors.

Sans Couth
07-03-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Regardless of the spelling, where's the missing yardage in Perritun? I did't spell it right, but it doesn't look like they can add...

If they're playing in December, I'll spell it right and I may even find out Pairingtun's school colors.

LOL

Haunta Yo
07-03-2004, 02:00 AM
In my best Ben Stein:

"Anyone,anyone...Bueller."

WOS1
07-03-2004, 05:08 AM
Sounds like they had to have one serious "running back by committee" situation going. I agree with you, 4,000 yards from your non-leading rusher backs?? Maybe that is their leading returning rusher. They may have had a back with a lot of yards graduate. Or, may be the DCTF folks are off their rocker, which wouldn't surprise me either.

jason
07-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo

If they're playing in December, I'll spell it right and I may even find out Pairingtun's school colors. red and white....

sinton66
07-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Don't the stats geeks, er ah,,,,officials, count the kicking game as offense also? I thought they did.

Haunta Yo
07-03-2004, 09:36 AM
I agree with you, 4,000 yards from your non-leading rusher backs?? Maybe that is their leading returning rusher. They may have had a back with a lot of yards graduate.

That's what I thought, too so I looked at the "key losses". The only key loss listed is the TE and they have 9 starters on offense returning. (If they lost a stud RB I assume he would have been listed as a "key loss")

Also remember that I gave the QB 1300 yards rushing since that was DCTF's lowest returning stat leader in the rushing category.

When I first read about Peringtun's almost 600 ypg average, I figured the QB had to have thrown for more than 4,000. I look it up and he's thrown for 850????

Please help me solve this so I can resume searching for Atlantis.

Sans Couth
07-03-2004, 09:42 AM
The Pearytougn offense thrived all year on a trick play where the QB would stick the ball in the centers pants and back up from center like he was going to throw deep. During the confusion the center would manage to run 15 yards down field before a flag was thrown for delay of the game. They ran this "trick" play an average of 40 times a game. Do the math.

Haunta Yo
07-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Based on my "research" Sans is headed in the right direction.

I've also foud out that Pairytun's vaunted center sneak offense that averages almost 600 ypg, ranks 2nd ALL TIME NATIONALLY for high schools. (Sugarland is #1 with 697 ypg for 12 games)

Now for our next de-bunking:

Atlantis is closing in on its 13,000th forfeit since visiting teams can't find the game field. DCTF predicts the home winning streak will pick up 5 more wins this season.

Atlantis - Fact, Fiction or Exaggeration?
The story of Atlantis begins quite literally with two of Plato's dialogues, Timaeus and Critias. These accounts are the only known written records which refer specifcally to a lost civilization called Atlantis. Many people believe the tale to be complete fiction, the creation of a philosopher's imagination used to illustrate an argument. Others believe that the story was inspired by catastrophic events which may have destroyed the Minoan civilization on Crete and Thera. Still others maintain that the story is an accurate representation of a long lost and almost completely forgotten land.

This is where we begin our quest...

Sans Couth
07-03-2004, 10:27 AM
On a side note:

Do you think the people of Atlantis would take exception to having their location described as Northern New Zealand?

PI-fan
07-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
On a side note:

Do you think the people of Atlantis would take exception to having their location described as Northern New Zealand?

Leave it up to you to call them what they're not... oh Ray Bearkat wants to know how far apart he should cut the eye holes on his white sheets :thinking: Jason told him 12" but Ray's eyes are not at his ears.

Ranger Mom
07-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by PI-fan
Leave it up to you to call them what they're not... oh Ray Bearkat wants to know how far apart he should cut the eye holes on his white sheets :thinking: Jason told him 12" but Ray's eyes are not at his ears.

LOL!! You are a glutton for punishment, aren't you??

TXMike
07-03-2004, 03:07 PM
According to Panhandle Sports.com, as of Oct 23 Perryton was averaging 238 yards per game of offense. They must have EXPLODED the last several weeks and the 2 weeks of playoffs they had to get that up to 600 yards per game. ;)

sinton66
07-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Dave's seeing double, maybe triple. He needs to quit smoking that stuff.:D

Haunta Yo
07-03-2004, 03:41 PM
According to Panhandle Sports.com, as of Oct 23 Perryton was averaging 238 yards per game of offense. They must have EXPLODED the last several weeks and the 2 weeks of playoffs they had to get that up to 600 yards per game.

Hooray for TxMike !!!
238 ypg sounds much more reasonable.

In defense of DCTF, they did use the relative term "nearly" 600 ypg.

A mere oversight of only 362 ypg. I apologize for misinterpreting the word "nearly". I hope I didn't lead other readers astray.

TXMike
07-03-2004, 04:19 PM
How does the saying go...Garbage in, Garbage out? If I am not mistaken, DCTF sends survey forms out to the schools and relies on what the schools send back for most of their material on the HS's. Likely Perryton said 600 ypg (or a typo on eitehr end).

JasperDog94
07-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Sounds to me like somebody doesn't know how to use a calculator.;)