1. Gainesville
2. Pilot Point
3. Sanger
4. Whitesboro
5. Bowie
6. Pottsboro

1. Gainesville Leopards Starters Returning 3/2 Last Year: 15-0
Key Players: RB Terrius Purvey, LB Jeremy Franklin, DB Jerome Hewitt
Outlook: Like Gainesville needed to be pissed off...well with DCTF ranking them 24 after going 15-0 I'd say they are pretty mad...Purvey is an absolute stud who was unstoppable last year....GHS must replace a great QB in Brown and that is a qustion mark....Franklin and Hewitt lead a defense that must be rebuilt..but with athletes abound in Gainesville Coach Cordell's task will be a bit easier...

2. Pilot Point Bearcats Starters Returning 5/5 Last Year: 7-5
Key Players: RB Jarrail Johnson, DL Daniel Bell, DE Calvin Washington
Outlook: PP should be even stronger than the group that played Atlanta tough in the area round....Johnson is a speedy shifty back who will have to carry the load as PP could have a sophmore under center....

3. Sanger Indians Starters Returning 5/6 Last Year: 5-6
Key Players: QB Curtis Higgs, LB Josh Sterling, RB/DB Josh Clemons
Outlook: Sanger made the playoffs last year and this year's edition looks to be tougher...Higgs was the main weapon last year accounting for 24 TD's and over 2400 yards....rebuilding the D and finding a sidekick to Higgs are the early season priorities...

4. Whitesboro Bearcats Starters Returning 9/8 Last Year: 4-6
Key Players: WR Jason Achimon, LB Michael Tucker, FS Cody Ramsey
Outlook: Normally it would border on absolute blasphemy to mention playoffs and Whitesboro in the same breath....but folks it could happen and it would be a big story...considering Whitesboro has NEVER made the postseason since the school began football way back in 1936....but with nearly the whole team intact from last year's 4-6 bunch it could happen...hang on to your seats the Oct 29 game against Sanger in Whitesboro could be huge....

5. Bowie Jackrabbits Starters Returning 8/8 Last Year: 1-9
Key Players: TB Major Henderson, WR/DB Phillip Hood, DB Jordan Shaw
Outlook: BHS should be much improved as well....Henderson had 1300 yards last year but only 6 TD's..that number needs to improve for Bowie to have success in a tough district...Hood is a 2 way threat and along with Shaw combine for a solid secondary..

6. Pottsboro Cardinals Starters Returning 5/4 Last Year: 2-7
Key Players: QB/DB Chase Curry, DB Justin Hayward, RB Jordan Outlaw
Outlook: Pottsboro struggled to a 2-7 record last year and more of the same could be in store as depth is an issue for the Red Birds...

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-01-2004, 05:21 PM
good review, i take it your going to do one district a week?

Chris Hart
07-01-2004, 09:51 PM
WOW, I thought Gainesville was returning more starters than 3-2. I had read on here several times how they were a junior laden team last year, and with Purvey returning, I ranked them #2 in my top 10 and gave them the nod for a repeat title. Now that I see they aren't returning much other than Purvey(who is awesome), I don't think they will repeat. I'll change my Div I pick as champion to either WOS or Sinton. I now rank Gainesville around #10. I was really impressed with their coaching staff in last year's title game, so they might climb a little higher by season's end. Good luck to the Leopards!

HighSchool Fan
07-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Gainesville will be a better team this year than they were last year. Just because the underclassmen didn't start doesn't mean that they didn't play alot.

Before last season I was over in Gainesville talking to Coach Cordell, he was just hoping to make some noise last year. He stated that his team in 2004-05 is the year that he was looking forward to. They will be bigger, faster and stronger. It is their 2nd season with this coaching staff. Don't let the numbers confuse you. Expect big things from Gainesville this year.

Matthew328
07-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Don't let the 3/2 numbers fool you...Gainesville played a lot of people last year and many juniors played big roles.....

in 2001 Everman returned 3/3 starters from a 12-2 team.....and they ended up going 15-0....most people from Gainesville thought this would be their year and not last year.....the only real question mark they have is QB....