PDA

View Full Version : Hey Phil C

BullFrog Dad
06-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Phil C, I know they use Rally Scoring now in UIL Volleyball, but what about the Libero? Also explain the Libero position. Thanx!

Phil C
06-30-2004, 04:59 PM
BullFrog, the libero is a defensive position in volleyball. The player wears a different color than the other players and can be put in and taken out of the game at any time. She must be registered before the match with the referee and a team is only allowed one libero. She plays in the back court and does not rotate and is limited to defensive plays as digs and set ups. She may not serve or block or spike. If a libero is injured she may be replaced but the referee must be notified. You can get more information about this at http://www.volleyball.org/rules/libero.html. Basically the rules that established the libero I think was to help players who may not have offensive skills but good defensive skills get into the game when needed. It is a good rule in my opinion. Of course teams also have the option to not have a libero. I don't' think that Texas High School volleyball has adopted the libero position yet but expect them to someday. It has been adopted in college.

BullFrog Dad
07-01-2004, 06:58 AM
Phil C, Thanx for the info.

Ranger Mom
07-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Phil C.....I am having a "de ja vu" reading this.

Have we discussed this topic on here before??

Phil C
07-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Yes Ranger Mom it has been discussed. But sometimes things need to be repeated. Remember we get new posters on that may have missed the previous discussion. Also some posters don't post all year so they might have missed it also. Also someone might need things repeated due to memory lapses. We beg tolerance and understanding on the posters for things that sometimes need repeating.

Phil C
07-01-2004, 11:55 AM
And if you think this is bad Ranger Mom wait till TCM shows Dawn at Socorro again!! :)

Ranger Mom
07-01-2004, 01:09 PM
I wasn't complaining about it...I just wanted to make sure I hadn't lost my mind.

When I read that "Libero" word, I thought to myself, "I remember looking that up on google", I was just wondering if it was on this board or another one.

If Dawn at Soccoro ever comes on any other channel, let me know. I'm tired of not being able to answer any of the Trivia Questions about it!!:D (Well, I did answer one, but that was a lucky guess!!)

Phil C
07-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Quick Ranger Mom try to answer the filler question at Trivia thread. It is very easy and just one word. :)