PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Loses 24-0 to Yoakum

IveyOldschool02
09-20-2002, 10:22 PM
Looks like Giddings shut up all the critics.
They lose again, 24-0 to Yoakum, worst start in about the last 8 or 9 years. Looks like Odell has them in the right direction with that great O he has.

IveyOldschool02
09-20-2002, 10:25 PM
0 and 3 start for Giddings

IveyOldschool02
09-20-2002, 11:54 PM
We got to get better and let go of the Cookie.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-21-2002, 12:04 AM
Well, giddings looses again, this time not by 10 but by 20. We all know that this team is not the same as last years team, so we shouldn't expect a good show from the buffs.
I would hope that they could win a or some games; which it look almost imposible, but I have faith in the buffs. So lets not put the buffs down, lets just keep on backing them up.
Go Buffs.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-21-2002, 12:10 AM
Giddings looses by 24, my bad.

mindy
09-21-2002, 06:22 PM
anyone else out there want to visit,inounvme, i will meet you on the chat board at 9pm tonight.

GoOrange
09-21-2002, 06:27 PM
What on earth has happened to Giddings this year? Yea-da-Nitschke!!! Caldwell beat a weaker Smithville team, 36-0, but we're looking gooooood. Hmmmm, could be payback time....

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:09 PM
caldwell will never win big just like elgin they have and will never have any discipline

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:12 PM
inounvme where are you

mindy
09-21-2002, 09:18 PM
giddings will rebound they will play a weak calwell team that deep down don;t think they can win the big game vs. a good team

mindy
09-21-2002, 10:06 PM
any buff fans out there

IveyOldschool02
09-22-2002, 01:12 PM
I will never forget last year we played Caldwell, a player at halftime, threw his helmet all the way across that hill behind the locker room and cussed out his coach. Great discipline they have there in Caldwell. Can I say 46-0?

GoOrange
09-22-2002, 02:31 PM
Yes, Caldwell did have a discipline problem last year and the players were calling their own shots even after the coach told them what to do which would have been effective. Our best players were either injured or didn't make the grades (unlike SOME places, our coaches don't encourage grade changing right around district time). But that was 2001. This, my friend, is 2002. Clinging to the past is a sign of insecurity today!
Keep that overconfident attitude going into next Friday's game and see what happens!

INOUNVME
09-22-2002, 05:18 PM
Hey all. I wish I could have made your little round table discussion yesterday. But, I knew nothing about it until after the fact. As you may know (or may not), I have other duties to attend to. Things that matter very much (family, football, etc.). I wish I could have made it. Sure you all pointed out many good things. I wish I knew who you guys/girls are so that I could be more specific with some things. Hope to catch up with all of you soon. Keep your heads up Buffs. GATA

By the way - someone stated the other day to "get HAW". Please don't use "HAW" that way. If you don't know what it means, don't use it. Hope that did not come of as rude. Take care now.

bigcat8
09-22-2002, 05:44 PM
inounvme, you need to get mindy straight on the discipline thing at Elgin. You know Locke and Bickhahm. What is your take on mindy's comments?
Originally posted by INOUNVME:
Hey all. I wish I could have made your little round table discussion yesterday. But, I knew nothing about it until after the fact. As you may know (or may not), I have other duties to attend to. Things that matter very much (family, football, etc.). I wish I could have made it. Sure you all pointed out many good things. I wish I knew who you guys/girls are so that I could be more specific with some things. Hope to catch up with all of you soon. Keep your heads up Buffs. GATA

By the way - someone stated the other day to "get HAW". Please don't use "HAW" that way. If you don't know what it means, don't use it. Hope that did not come of as rude. Take care now.

IveyOldschool02
09-22-2002, 06:43 PM
You can take it two ways "Hard at Work" or "Hard A$$ Work", we took it as "Hard at Work" last year. If you use it, use it in the right context. Thanks, 02 in da house.

GoOrange
09-22-2002, 07:03 PM
Game of the Year: Giddings vs. Hutto

INOUNVME
09-22-2002, 08:01 PM
Bigcat, I have the utmost respect for Coach Lock, Coach Bickham and the rest of the Elgin staff. They were once friendly rivals and now continue to be good friends. From my perspective, they do a wonderful job with the kids that they have. When we went head-to-head, the Elgin kids and coaches showed nothing but class.

Iveyoldschool02, have no clue who you are, but you seem to have a grasp of HAW. If you happened to play last year, throw your number on the board. That will let me know who you are. If not, give me a clue so I can no whether or not to give you a hard time (just kidding there.)

2001GiddingsLB
09-22-2002, 08:55 PM
I was the one that told them to get HAW which I wanted to mean to get Hard At Work so they could win a few games. I don't know how else your supposed to use it. All I can say to Caldwell is if you beat Giddings you deserve a pat on the back cuz its a heck of a feat to beat a 0-3 team and if you lose its a heck of an embarassment.

StudEnd86
09-22-2002, 09:05 PM
Just curious but who are you IveyOldschool02? Did we play together on that "Wrecking Crew" defense. As for GoOrange, were you a member of that offense we shut down last year, or a member of the defense we scored 46 points on?

INOUNVME
09-22-2002, 09:15 PM
IveyOldschool02, just wondering if you would let us (myself and StudEnd86) know what role you played on the 2002 Buffs team. I think I can guess the identity of StudEnd86, but have no clue who you might be. StudEnd86, you nad teh rest of the Buffs keep your heds up. YOu know I keep a close eye on you. Spoke with #53 earlier today and he is one tough sucker. There are a few of you who need to be leaders and right that ship. Y'all know where it is going. Keep in touch big boy. GATA HAW = district champs & practacing on Thanksgiving Day.

INOUNVME
09-22-2002, 09:15 PM
IveyOldschool02, just wondering if you would let us (myself and StudEnd86) know what role you played on the 2002 Buffs team. I think I can guess the identity of StudEnd86, but have no clue who you might be. StudEnd86, you nad teh rest of the Buffs keep your heds up. YOu know I keep a close eye on you. Spoke with #53 earlier today and he is one tough sucker. There are a few of you who need to be leaders and right that ship. Y'all know where it is going. Keep in touch big boy. GATA HAW = district champs & practicing on Thanksgiving Day.

StudEnd86
09-22-2002, 09:38 PM
53 is tough, he dosen't take crap form anyone. He is doing well this year. He is dissappointed about not playing center but still works hard. Hard work and discipline are what G-Town athletics is built on

StudEnd86
09-22-2002, 09:43 PM
Bigcat8, I'm sorry but what mindy said was true. Elgin is undisciplined. I personally know athletes from there and many of them spend their weekends getting wasted. The potential for a great season is there, but don't kid yourself potential gets your A$$ beat.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-23-2002, 01:34 AM
hey studend86
not a real big accomplishment to score 45 on the hornets last year they gave up 239 on D & only scored 110 on O. not a big accomplishment for the D or O . and wear shutout 3 times.

2001GiddingsLB
09-24-2002, 10:59 AM
well was it a big accomplishment in 2000 when Giddings won 37-17 when ya'll had dare I say it Jason Carter. and besides we scored 46 not 45 and could of scored more but we had mercy upon the weak and feeble

IveyOldschool02
09-24-2002, 01:40 PM
Well, everything is good in "Miner Land", and for you Lehmann, you better play your A$$ off this week, b/c there are certain someones already asking about you. But, hey, have fun, and play hard. For INOUNVME, we only wonder who you are. Did't I do something for Ivey and yourself during 6th period of last football season?

2001GiddingsLB
09-24-2002, 05:16 PM
I think I know who all three of you are and with my name I hope you 3 know who I am.

INOUNVME
09-24-2002, 09:29 PM
I just now figured out who IveyOldschool02 actually is. What is up big man? You keeping that other big buffalo in check? I ask about you often. Hope you are having fun. Don't forget about those things that you go to college for - CLASSES. LB - I can only guess that you played linebacker last year. I have my guesses, but I cannot be certain. May I ask if you like to fish? This will give me my biggest help. You know me very well by the way. Give me some help on your identity and I will do the same. I think you probably have my phone number.

2001GiddingsLB
09-24-2002, 09:41 PM
love to fish especially in the lee county bass round up had a good partner there too

ice78621
09-24-2002, 09:46 PM
2001 LB IS YOUR NAME JOHNATHEN

GiddingsCB
09-24-2002, 09:54 PM
It's nice to know that you slap a$$e$ have nothing better to do than sit on 3A downlow and talk about the past.

GiddingsCB
09-24-2002, 09:58 PM
When I've gone every snap on offense and defense and I'm tired and looking for the strength to go on it's nice to look up in the stands and see about 30 people, half of which are from La Grange, who even though their team is not having a stellar season, are good enough fans to come watch us play because they play us later in the season. Keep up the good work giddings faithful. And also, keep your head up studend 86 we're 0-3.

GiddingsCB
09-24-2002, 10:08 PM
If i had to blame giddings slow start on anything i'd blame it on last years coaching staff. especially that defensive end coach. I here that nicks kid is doing some pretty good things at corner. He's got two interceptions and he's caused a fumble in just three games.

IveyOldschool02
09-24-2002, 10:19 PM
This is hilarious. I think that fishin partner is a great man. Nothin like a lumberjack, a tiger, and a miner talking Giddings football.

mindy
09-24-2002, 10:25 PM
iveyoldschool, you may need to be studying instead of playing on the computer, i bet your pick up needs another paint job, the same type of people there at utep can do the same job you got here in giddings, big boy and i do mean BOY

BigOLinemen75
09-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Giddings is off to a rocky start, but you gotta give em some credit, it's a new staff and they're movin everyone around. We got some injuries, but ya'll might be surprised with the things that happen in the next feew weeks.

StudEnd86
09-24-2002, 11:18 PM
That D-End you refer to Giddings CB started for a team that went 5 deep in the playoffs, as a Sophmore. Must have been ok, Nicks. Hey mindy you hottie when are you going to reveal who you are so we can get to know one another a little better. Ice from elgin Giddings LB is not Jonathan.

StudEnd86
09-24-2002, 11:23 PM
Hey Ivey Old School, so they are asking about me? To Giddings LB 2001 whats up bald man. How's the knee. Shoulder good. Talking about the past with all of you makes me all warm and tingly inside.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-25-2002, 01:13 AM
hey 2001 carter was out that game his backup played #12 not #15.

INOUNVME
09-25-2002, 06:09 AM
GiddingsCB, I agree with you on that DE coach. Heard nothing but bad things about him. I can only bet that G-Town was glad to get rid of that loser. Seriously, I am glad to see all of you guys around here. LB mentioned it earlier, but let's not forget about the 2nd Annual Lee County Bass Round-Up next year. We gotta stay in touch so we can get that thing going again. Bigger and better. Hope all of you are doing well. Good Luck Buffs. GATA

2001GiddingsLB
09-25-2002, 10:21 AM
hey burnt orange hornet apparently you weren't at the game they took the back up out and put in Carter and they we knocked Carter out of the game after about 4 drives.

2001GiddingsLB
09-25-2002, 10:23 AM
whats up "stud"end my knee is fine. I'm playing rugby now great sport. Hope ya get to playing soon heard your shoulder was messed up. I'm coming back on the 28 th we need to go pop some doves.

INOUNVME
09-25-2002, 12:58 PM
Hey you Buffs, how come in all of my years (2 actually) of living in Lee County I never got to shoot a dove? I was taught to fish, but never taught to hunt. Y'all scared to be around me with a loaded weapon? You stick me with a pup sophomore DE and I get no alternate prize for putting up with him? This makes no sense to me. Don't worry about my starving family, we will be fine. I will shoot some sparrows and squirrels in the back yard here. LB - hope school is treating you well. 86 - GATA. Spoke with #53 also, y'all need to get him healthy.

IveyOldschool02
09-25-2002, 09:24 PM
Well Mindy thats great that you think my truck needs a paint job, but thats the other big boy here, not me. Yall should see all the doves here. It almost beats Joe's sunflower seed pasture, 'almost'. Yeah, "Stud"end the tightend coach asked about you and said he wouldnt mind seeing some film. Holler at yall later.
Get after Camerons butt this week, so I can talk some trash to the guy from Cameron that goes to school here.
Later

StudEnd86
09-25-2002, 10:20 PM
Hey Go Orange get the 86 off your screen name you make it look bad but remember we both still agree that Elgin cheats, no hard feelings