5. Port Isabel
6. Wharton
7. West Columbia
8. Aransas Pass
9. Devine
10. Sweeny

sinton66
06-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Looks good to me Matthew. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

wildstangs
06-30-2004, 10:46 PM
I guess the 4-3A preview will be out tomorrow? I was kinda surprised to see that Sweetwater didn't make the top ten poll.

kaorder1999
07-01-2004, 07:40 PM
wow...its weird to see royse city back in a poll...he

jason
07-02-2004, 08:54 PM
please get royse city and crandall off the reg II list....PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU...

kaorder1999
07-05-2004, 05:39 PM
as hard as it is for me to say it...i think both of those teams deserve to be there....with forney gone they will have the chance for success

sinfan75
07-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Cuero manhandled Sinton last year and they got most everyone back. Sintons got most of em back also but I just got this feelin about the Gob's this year. Guess we'll find out around week 4. Hopefully Gonzales holds up their end and sends them Turkeys to Division II.:D :D :D

pakrat
07-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Matt, you don't get any argument out of me. What do I know anyway? Looks good for a starting point.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-06-2004, 11:37 PM
I would put Iowa Park in that top 10 of the region. Not sure who I would take out though.

barbosa
07-07-2004, 08:34 PM
I agree with a majority of your pics. I am only familiar with region 1. I do not agree with Vernon at #3 and Perryton at #5. I have seen Vernon play time and time again and don't get me wrong they are talented but they lost some great talent and leaders off that team last year. Their backs are big but not very tough they don't like to get hit and the QB Shur is not as fast and quick has everyone makes him out to be. They do have one player that has caught my mind at that is that CB (Favors). But he does not have blazing speed and strength. Vernon will first have to deal with Graham and Iowa Park. But beating Graham is the question can they do it, only time can tell.
As for Perryton I know a little bit about them but i would not put them that high to start out with. They first have to prove themselves. They don't have the best athletes but they play team ball and thats why they are successful.
Good luck to everyone on the upcoming season and great pics you seem to know what you are talking about. Good Job.

VWG
07-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Vernon will deal with Iowa Park. Vernon can beat Graham. I can't remember if Graham or Vernon had a better JV record last year? Perryton has made some runs in the playoffs over the years. Didn't Perryton go about 3 rounds deep about 2-3 years ago? Perryton always makes some noise out of the Panhandle.

I really like Abilene Wylie in Region I. Keenum will only get better and with Sandifer's offense they can pick you apart.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by barbosa
I have seen Vernon play time and time again and don't get me wrong they are talented but they lost some great talent and leaders off that team last year.

Barbosa: The Lions did lose some key players. But the ones that will replace them may be even better. The key losses in the line are being replaced by a lot more size. Same with the new safety and corner. The senior corner that graduated (Finley) was only 5'5". The added size will help Vernon's run game--which is about all they use. Graham's strength last year was the line both O and D last year. That is what I think will be the difference between the Lions and Steers. Both teams will be good.

Their backs are big but not very tough they don't like to get hit That is a ridiculous statement.

and the QB Shur is not as fast and quick has everyone makes him out to be. Vernon does have some speed. Shur, Favors, and Hall all three ran on the sprint relay team that went to regionals and finished behind Graham's state qualifying team. The difference is that Vernon's sprint relay team plays football and they are all coming back. So Vernon does have the speed.

They do have one player that has caught my mind at that is that CB (Favors). But he does not have blazing speed and strength. Vernon will first have to deal with Graham and Iowa Park. But beating Graham is the question can they do it, only time can tell.

I would watch for IP. They are also very speedy. That QB can run. Plus he has a great arm. He lit up Graham last year. In fact, IP may have scored the most points on that Graham defense that shut everyone else down. So watch out for IP.

Graham, IP, and Vernon will all have good teams. Should make for some great rival games this year. Oh Graham has one heck of a schedule and I bet that Home winning streak will be hard to keep going.

bc 76
07-09-2004, 06:21 AM
I think Wharton should be the region 4 favorite,don't get me wrong Cuero will be good but Wharton will be a lot faster at the skill positions.They also will have some size but won't be as big as last year and i see that as a plus.I think coach Roberts will finally have a team with more depth.The players to watch are rb p. flouronor 6-0 205 jr 4.5,qb t jones 6-0 180 sr 4.6 ,dl d roberts 5-11 260 4.8. As far as region 3 WOS hands down, i see the wos bay city game every year and wos can play with anybody.

Gobbla2001
07-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Wharton should be a very good team this season... I guess we'll find out on 9/10 who's the better of the two...

BUT, we didn't have as much speed at the skilled positions last year either (A couple of injuries etc... atleast when our two teams hooked up), but the kids this year are a tad faster, and if I remember correctly, we weren't exactly blown off the field...

Wharton does have some speed, but I'll back-track to an article in the Victoria Advocate going over what had happened in the past football season... "The more talented team won the ball game, the better team didn't..."

zeke
07-09-2004, 12:47 PM
In Region 3, you have Marlin ranked pretty high. Didn't they just graduate almost the entire teams starters? QB Sanders and RB Tank Smith return....but are this years replacements that good?

Also in R3, you overlooked Navasota. From the recent NIKE CAMP results, they have the fastest, quickest QB in the state in all classifications. Plus, they have one of the fastest power RB in the entire state. I think Navasota could end up meeting WOS in the DI Regional Final game.

lobo12
07-10-2004, 02:17 PM
i would take out cooper and put sweetwater in the top ten in region 1

JasperDog94
07-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by zeke
In Region 3, you have Marlin ranked pretty high. Didn't they just graduate almost the entire teams starters? QB Sanders and RB Tank Smith return....but are this years replacements that good?

Also in R3, you overlooked Navasota. From the recent NIKE CAMP results, they have the fastest, quickest QB in the state in all classifications. Plus, they have one of the fastest power RB in the entire state. I think Navasota could end up meeting WOS in the DI Regional Final game. Don't forget that not every school competed in NIKE camp. Not everyone can afford to go.

Da Mules
07-10-2004, 06:50 PM
I would take Lubbock Cooper out of the top 10 region 1 also. Cooper is one of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's "pet" projects (the other ones are 4A Lubbock Frenship and ANYTHING at all to with Texas Tech. Other team never "beat" Tech; it's just that Tech somehow "lost.") The A-J consistently over-rates all of these teams. Their rule of thumb is that the closer the team is to Lubbock, the better it must be. Truly one of the most biased high-school sports newspapers in Texas.

zeke
07-10-2004, 07:12 PM

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-11-2004, 05:14 AM
Good Post Zeke. I agree.

wildstangs
07-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Sweetwater plays Lubbock Cooper in Cooper on August 27th. First game of the year for both schools. Hopefully Sweetwater can come out with the W.

Sintonfbplayer04
07-11-2004, 06:21 PM
I know for a fact that Sinton got put in the right place for once. Region IV belongs to Sinton this year now that Burnet has moved to 4A. A good game to see will be Sinton and WOS in the semifinals next year. Good luck to all the 3A teams.

bc 76
07-12-2004, 11:56 AM
If West Columbia does not make the playoffs,then that would put Wharton in div 1.I just don't see Sinton getting past Cuero or Wharton.

JasperDog94
07-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Sintonfbplayer04
I know for a fact that Sinton got put in the right place for once. Region IV belongs to Sinton this year now that Burnet has moved to 4A. A good game to see will be Sinton and WOS in the semifinals next year. Good luck to all the 3A teams. Don't count on WOS or Sinton just yet. Jasper could easily go DI and I think they'll give WOS a run for their money. Plus I think Cuero will have something to say about Reg. IV.

WOS92
07-12-2004, 01:35 PM
I don't think I'd be counting on anybody in particular in the semis just yet...

zeke
07-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Jasper 94, Didn't Silsbee just move down from 4A into your District 22. Last year they went 0-10, but played a tough schedule against a lot of good teams....and lost quite a few to close scores.
Do you think they will have a hard time handling Buna, Coldspring, or Shepherd?

JasperDog94
07-12-2004, 01:46 PM
I really don't know what to think about Silsbee. They are and up and down team. Maybe they will make the playoffs, but I'm not ready to say that just yet. Coldsprings had a decent defense last year, but had a hard time scoring. If they have a better offensive team, they could end up in the playoffs. We'll just have to wait and see.

Old Green
07-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
I don't think I'd be counting on anybody in particular in the semis just yet...

I think Region 4 is more balanced this year than in the previous 4 years. there are about eight teams who could possibly represent the region in both divisions.

sinton66
07-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Cuero might be Div. 2 also, depending on what Gonzales does. Sinton and Cuero will play in non-district, and I think Sinton will give them a much better game this year than last year. Old Green is right, though, there are a number of teams that will be able to represent both divisions in R4 quite well.