LB-Josh McCoy, Wilmer-Hutchins
LB-Andrew Moss, Liberty
DB-Trent Buck, Giddings
DB-Matt Niemeyer, Goliad
DB-Dustin Riley, Iowa Park
DB-Cedric Henderson, Atlanta

Bellville22
06-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Look out for Bellville's QB/WR/DB Emmanuel Sanders. Very talented athlete who already has 2 Big 12 offers and a Conference USA offer. Only a handful of 3A players can say that.

Bellville22
06-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Sorry, that last message was written by KL3.

Old Tiger
06-30-2004, 04:09 PM
I don't see my name listed, oh well I got a goal now! :D

PI-fan
07-01-2004, 01:38 AM
Be on the lookout for Frankie Herrerra at LB for Port Isabel... he is regarded as good and in some sites/publications(ie., texasprepxtra/Area newspaper -Brownsvile Herald) maybe better than Hidalgo's D. Garcia (on your 1st Team Def) ;)

Tough and versatile this playa was used to punch in the winning 2-pt score to seal the 63-61 win over Rice Cons.

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/sports_comments.php?id=P55642_0_9_0_C

Matthew328
07-01-2004, 09:58 AM
Hidalgo's D. Garcia is a returning all-stater....may not get the college intrest.....but any junior who makes 1st team all-state is someone to watch

Bull Butter
07-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Trust me Matthew. I've seen them both. Herrera is a MUCH better LB than Garcia.

crabman
07-01-2004, 08:36 PM
I watched Roy Sierra from Cuero the other day working out on squat with 550 lbs. Knocking off 5 or 6 reps. He squatted 775 at state. He is huge, about 360, quick and obviously strong.

GS#17
07-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Interesting to see perhaps the two best WOS players don't even make the list... :)

WOS92
07-05-2004, 12:13 PM
I know a lot of what you have to go by is just size/weight, etc. But, with all due respect to Dryden, he is not half the player that Kenneth Beasley and Ryan Crouch are for WO-S. Statistics - especially physical stats - can be deceiving.

pakrat
07-05-2004, 10:55 PM
I thought somebody said Silsbee didn't win a game last year. How do they rate two players on the all state team?

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Eric Favors CB (Vernon)

Picked off your #1 Qb Chandler Dane (twice at that - area round).
Shut down the #2 receiver Brian Christen in the area round last year. Knocked down a pass intended for Giles Montgomery (Sweetwater) to preserve a Vernon victory in the regional quarter final. Giles was an all state player last year. Kept Kennedale out of the end zone in their last drive in OT where they passes his way twice.

This kid is fast (regional track qualifier on the Vernon 4x100 anchor leg), he had some ferocious hits throughout the year. Decatur and Sweetwater come to mind.

He will be a DI prospect and will be a big time contributor to Vernon's game plan. He will be a 3rd year varsity starter.

fullhouse
07-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey ~ don't those teams lack punters????? Where's the love?:confused:

oh well
07-06-2004, 08:47 PM
LB from Greenwood is a good one. Started as a soph on the team that went 15-1. Was hurt all last year. he could be a force

true_blue_tiger
07-08-2004, 12:45 AM
The district with Daingerfield, Atlanta, and Jefferson, defensively looks stacked with the three nominees for All-State. Not sure which LB from MG you are talking about, but I do know that when we played y'all, (y'alls last win), that MLB was darn near impossible to block.

CatWoman
07-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Case Keenum - QB Abilene Wylie

spirate_9
07-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Travis Franco-RB-Sinton

Had over 1800 yards last year and about 20 TD's. His numbers this year should be just as good if not better than those.

Sintonfbplayer04
07-11-2004, 06:18 PM
James Villareal #51 for the Sinton Pirates was a heck of a player last year. He is the only returning starter on the D-Line. I think he will be an animal on defense this year. I can't wait for the first game. Good luck to the Sinton Pirates

Knightmoon
07-14-2004, 05:53 PM
I know Merkel lost alot of starters, but I think you will still be seeing/hearing about Riley Lambert QB. He had an outstanding season last year as running back and was converted to QB right before the Midland Greenwood playoff game. He is an exceptional athlete and I truly believe he is headed to the OFFENSIVE FIRST TEAM.

crabman
07-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Just an additional note on Roy Sierra of Cuero, the right side of Cuero's line, right guard and right tackle, squat 820 lbs. and 775 lbs. I don't think two yards will be a problem this year.

barbosa
07-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Z motion, get real.
Eric Favors all-state. D1 material. That is funny.
The kid is a twig he is very small and to small to play major D1 college ball. He is not as fast as you say he is. He would have done something in track and he did absolutly nothing spectactular. Yeah he may have great ball instincts but i assure you he is not D1 material. You mentioned what he did against S-water and Decatur but you failed to
mention what he did against Graham. Why don't you tell them what he did against Graham and the other 9 or 10 teams he went up against.
Sorry buddy you must have a bad eye for talent. B/c this kid is not even the best player in the district

lobo12
07-15-2004, 09:39 PM
maybe he didnt do great in track but maybe he carries his pads well. i know a lot of players who make up some speed because they can carry their pads well

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Barbosa,

Obviously you didn't go to the Graham Vernon game, because Favors is a corner and Graham threw the ball twice the entire game. Can't really do much with that. In addition, it was the dive that Vernon, had problems stopping, not the outside pitch which Favors would have been responsible for. I don't have a stat sheet here in front of me to see how many tackles he made in that game, but I don't recall him getting ran over by anyone. But talking of talent, Dane from Decatur is a big time QB. Look at Matthew's All State team. He is the #1 QB. Favors picked him off tiwce, both with huge returns. Also, I believe that Favors weighs about 175 pounds. You may want to check the weights on some of the D1 corners to see how much more they weigh than that, but not much. OSU has already been to Vernon recruiting this kid. So I guess you lack the eye for talent. As far as speed, he wasn't to far behind the Graham studs at district and regional meets. Of course I was at both, not sure you have even seen him run.

Last year Graham's offensive and defensive line beat Vernon. That was plain to see in the short yardage long drives that went the length of the field. It certainly wasn't speed...it was size. This year Vernon will have the size and I think that is the difference between last year and this one. That is simply my opinion and we will have to wait and see if I'm right or wrong when these two rivals play each other. By the way Favors was a 1st team all district player last year as voted on by the Graham coaches.

barbosa
07-16-2004, 09:02 PM
In football and every other sport size is not the determining factor on who wins and loses the games. You can say what ever you please but size is not the reason teams win football games. Yeah football is the closest sport that size does have a lot to do with it. Because if you put a 5a school up against a 2a or 3a school they would be much bigger and stronger in football, it's just the big city size that smaller schools don't have. Graham will have a nice size line this year our biggest lineman last year is coming back again this year and I believe he was a 3rd team all-stater and I believe our line will be bigger this year than last year.
For Eric Favors and my OPINION on him is that he is a good talent that doesn't have great track speed but has a little thing that is called PAD SPEED. I have seen him play and I truely do not think that he is D1 material. I thought that the free saftey last year was much better and did much more against Graham than Favors did.
This is off topic but did ya'll see what Arlington Lamar Grad Jermey Wariner did at the TRIALS. The kid is a phenom that is only going to get better. I hope he wins gold and brings it to the state that is known for world class sprinters.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Should make for a great matchup this year. Too bad it is not the final game of the regular season like a couple of years ago.

Sans Couth
07-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by barbosa
.....Because if you put a 5a school up against a 2a or 3a school they would be much bigger and stronger in football, it's just the big city size that smaller schools don't have. .....

What?

Do they feed big city kids better, or is it in the water?

The "big cities" may have a deeper depth chart, but they don't grow their kids any bigger.:p