PDA

View Full Version : Shaq's House For Sell

Old Tiger
06-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Coincidence, I think not!

jason
06-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Coincidence, I think not! well duh, we all know he's leaving...its just a matter of where he's leaving too...

Vrabird
06-30-2004, 07:05 AM
Heard something on the news last night that Dallas was in the mix to get SHAQ. Didn't know they were interested. Anyone know anything about this rumor?

3afan2K3
06-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Vrabird
Heard something on the news last night that Dallas was in the mix to get SHAQ. Didn't know they were interested. Anyone know anything about this rumor?
Yes, and its not a rumor

Sans Couth
06-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jason
well duh, we all know he's leaving...its just a matter of where he's leaving too...

Jason,

Man that is some weird grammar and spelling dude. You need to get off of that skateboard and back on the golf course.:D

jason
06-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Vrabird
Heard something on the news last night that Dallas was in the mix to get SHAQ. Didn't know they were interested. Anyone know anything about this rumor? how come you think they traded 'twan to get those scrubs?? the only thing that will keep shaq from coming to dallas is the fact that dirk will NOT be available...

Sans Couth
06-30-2004, 10:58 AM
I don't think Shaq will make it to Dallas, because I don't think LA will let him go to a division rival. I don't think dirk figures into the picture at all. If it were my team I would trade dirk for shaq in a heartbeat, and give them a truckload of cash to boot. There is no such thing in sports today as honoring a team player. When the Cowboys let Emmitt leave town, I gave up on that. I say trade dirk and three more for shaq if you can get him. He will become the biggest jersey seller of all time in the first week, and he will pay for himself in two seasons.

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
06-30-2004, 11:11 AM
...and we all know it's all about who sells the most jerseys nowadays in the NBA...:(

jason
06-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
I don't think Shaq will make it to Dallas, because I don't think LA will let him go to a division rival. I don't think dirk figures into the picture at all. If it were my team I would trade dirk for shaq in a heartbeat, and give them a truckload of cash to boot. There is no such thing in sports today as honoring a team player. When the Cowboys let Emmitt leave town, I gave up on that. I say trade dirk and three more for shaq if you can get him. He will become the biggest jersey seller of all time in the first week, and he will pay for himself in two seasons. dirk isnt going anywhere

Showtime33
06-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Ok, here is a question for you... Say if you get Shaq this offseason, he comes to Dallas and plays for 4 more years. In those 4 years, the Mavs win 2 NBA Titles. After that Shaq retires and the Mavs will not be a playoff team for a while cause they have to rebuild.
Now, say you dont get Shaq and Dirk stays. Dirk plays for 10 more years and in those 10 years, the Mavs are in the playoffs every year. Though they have a good team and are competitve every year, they never win a title.
Now would you rather have Shaq for 4 years and win a 2 titles, or have Dirk for 10 more and continue to be a playoff team. I say give me the Championships and I think thats what Shaq can give Dallas if he comes here.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2004, 12:10 PM
id rather have dirk stay, becasue lets say shaq does retire in four years. well dirk is still gonna be the man for a long time. there is nothing that says the mavs cant win a championship w/ out shaq and w/ dirk. plus dirk is more of a long term investment, or a fine wine, thye only get better w/ age.

Showtime33
06-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Well The Mavericks need to do something because Houston just passed them up today when they got T-Mac. But if Houston is going to do anything, they better do it this year because after next year Yao Ming will be a Laker. Hide and see.

SintonFan
06-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Showtime33
Well The Mavericks need to do something because Houston just passed them up today when they got T-Mac. But if Houston is going to do anything, they better do it this year because after next year Yao Ming will be a Laker. Hide and see.
Is Yao trying to move closer to China or what? Explain...

adof
06-30-2004, 05:58 PM
rumors i am a sacramento fan and the only 3 teams that have the money to afford shaq is scaramento lakers and dallas!!! and if no one wants him he is going to stay at the lakers because his contract not up with the lakers!!! he just want to leave because kobe is leaving!!! and honestly i dont want the kings to pick him up because if they pick him up they have to let go of mike bibby because of the salary cap!!!

jason
06-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by adof
rumors i am a sacramento fan and the only 3 teams that have the money to afford shaq is scaramento lakers and dallas!!! and if no one wants him he is going to stay at the lakers because his contract not up with the lakers!!! he just want to leave because kobe is leaving!!! and honestly i dont want the kings to pick him up because if they pick him up they have to let go of mike bibby because of the salary cap!!! kobe isnt leaving