PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater ove Merkel

wildstangs
04-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Mustangs led 5-1 going into the seventh inning. The first two Merkel batters struck out. Two then reached on walks. Next guy up hits a 3 run shot to make it 5-4. Next guy grounded out, pretty exciting game. Sweetwater is now 8-1 in district, and heads to 7-2 Snyder on Tuesday.

Wtx_coach
04-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Hey Stang, all I have to say is "dont get second place"that could get you guys a quick exit!!!

wildstangs
04-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Yikes, a typo in the title. How dumb I must look. What makes you say that? Who is currently winning that district out west, Pecos?

Wtx_coach
04-18-2003, 08:13 PM
hey wildstangs, actually Pecos is in 3rd place at 3-4 we lost all 4 games in the last inning, we started district off on a bad note, but Pecos is finally starting to play again, we play Monahans tommorow in Pecos which is in the lead at 6-1, i think we will beat them though, we have already beaten them twice this season, and greenwood is in 2nd at 6-2 i think,Pecos will come in 3rd I hope, and we will be the best 3rd place team in the state LOL, later wildstang

wildstangs
04-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Well, pending Tuesdays results, we have no idea what will go down in the first round. We win, we get a first round bye. We lose, I think we will have a one game playoff with Snyder to determine who is the top seed. If we come in to the playoffs as the second place team, looks like we get Pecos. Hopefully if we get Greenwood, we will actually beat them this time. Sweetwater has a tough group of pitchers. 5 of our 9 opponents in district have gone down to the 10 run rule.

wildstangs
04-19-2003, 10:50 PM
My bad Coach, Snyder went down to Seminole on Friday night. Sweetwater is district champs!