PDA

View Full Version : UT Coaching Change

jason
06-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Turns out Mack Brown was coaching the baseball team yesterday and today....guess that explains the 2 game sweep for a National Title...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-27-2004, 08:56 PM
You can't put this one on the coach. Texas beat themselves with all of the errors...They did pull a Mack Brown though...they choked.

Sans Couth
06-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Are either one of you turkeys old enough to be bad mouthing coach Brown?

kaorder1999
06-28-2004, 01:11 AM
hehe....im not a mack brown fan....as many of you know. But ill tell you what? at least the UT baseball team MADE it to the championship.

sinton66
06-28-2004, 06:27 AM
That's true, and there's a heck of a lot of teams only wishing theirs had.

3afan
06-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You can't put this one on the coach. Texas beat themselves with all of the errors...They did pull a Mack Brown though...they choked.

they didnt "choke" - they did not play their best and as a result lost to the best team Saturday & Sunday

JasperDog94
06-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
they didnt "choke" - they did not play their best and as a result lost to the best team Saturday & Sunday I honestly don't think the best team won. I think that the team that played better won, but I think UT had a better team. They just didn't execute fundamental baseball.

WOS1
06-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I honestly don't think the best team won. I think that the team that played better won, but I think UT had a better team. They just didn't execute fundamental baseball.
UT has been relying on their pitching all year and have not hit the ball very well. IN MY OPINION, that is the main ingredient in their surmise. They ran up against an upstart pitching staff that equalled theirs and did not have the bats to fall back on. In todays college baseball climate, with the technology in the aluminum bats, you can't score 4 runs or less in a series and expect to win.

As much as it hurts to say it, they just didn't have the sticks.

GUNHO
06-28-2004, 09:53 AM
I honestly don't think the best team won. I think that the team that played better won, but I think UT had a better team. They just didn't execute fundamental baseball.

I'll have to agree with you JasperDog.Cal was just the better team for two days.

ej2525
06-28-2004, 09:57 AM
CS-F was a hot team coming into the CWS. They executed when it counted. My hat's off to them! I was really looking forward to watching another game tonight for all the marbles.

3afan
06-28-2004, 12:20 PM

agree .... but CSF was the best Sat & Sun.

KTJ
06-28-2004, 01:01 PM
As I told someone yesterday, I'm not upset that we lost simply because the baseball, both basketball, and track teams seem to always be in the hunt for a NC every year. They are always right up there! Meanwhile, football....

Phil C
06-28-2004, 01:33 PM
I agree with Jasper. It is obvious that C-F was the best team in the playoffs but at least Texas was in the hunt in lots of sports. A lot of schools would trade places with Texas quickly if they could. Look for the UT softball team to make a good run for it with the CAT coming back plus some good recruits like Meagan Denney coming to help with the pitching plus some good hitters. Also the UT women's team may do well since Connecticut's Diana Taurasa is in Phoenic and the desert thank goodness!!

Old Tiger
06-29-2004, 12:59 AM
The Horns make me so mad!!!!:mad: