PDA

View Full Version : Girls (or guys, if you know the answer): a flip-flop question

Ranger Mom
06-27-2004, 11:07 AM
I bought some "flip-flops" at a local "trade days". They look like regular old flip-flops, but they don't have any straps across the top.

It is just the bottom of the shoe and it has some kind of "sticky stuff" on it. You just put your foot on it and it sticks....so, you don't have to worry about getting the dreaded "tan line"!

Anyway, I threw the package away after I opened them, so I don't know what they are called.

I love them and want some more. Do any of you know what they are called or where I can get them?

Taken good care of, they are supposed to last a year or more. (You just wash them with soap and water and when they dry they are sticky again).

I don't think the inventors counted on me taking them off and them my long-haired shedding dog laying on them. I CANNOT get all the dog hair off of them now!:p

Here is what they look like.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/flipflops.jpg

Gobbla2001
06-27-2004, 12:28 PM
They don't have any for guys?

Sexists...

sinton66
06-27-2004, 12:41 PM
I'm not positive about this Gobbla, but I'd bet the shoes don't care if you're male or female. The people selling them probably don't either.;)

Gobbla2001
06-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Yah, but the question was for 'girls' ha...

Ranger Mom
06-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Actually...they do have them for guys also.

I just can't see a guy buying them for themselves....the "girl" is probably the one who buys them!

Hence, my "Girls" statement....but in order to not be "sexist", I will edit my post to include the much maligned gender!!:rolleyes:

WOSgrad
06-27-2004, 02:53 PM
LOL! I guess we should be careful what we ask for, shouldn't we.

I had to wear those darned things as a kid...I hated them and I haven't put on a pair since.

Gobbla2001
06-27-2004, 03:02 PM
I was trying to be an activist for a second, didn't like it...

You know i was just messin', RM...

NewStang
06-27-2004, 03:14 PM
I thought this post was going to be about John Kerry. :p

spiveyrat
06-28-2004, 06:23 AM
If you were walking on a beach, wouldn't sand stick to the tops of them every place your foot didn't occupy?

Are your feet sticky when you take them off?

Ranger Mom
06-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Well....I wouldn't recommend wearing them to the beach. I just normally wear mine in my backyard.

No...they don't make your feet sticky when you take them off.

I thought maybe one person on here would know what they were called or where I could get some more.

If I put "sticky flip flops" in on google....I just get a bunch of stuff on John Kerry.

Papa Smurf 05
06-28-2004, 11:41 AM
They are called StickyShoes. I thought it was funny how you commented on finding all that stuff about Kerry, so I had to try myself. I actually typed in "sticky sandals" and this came up:
http://www.stickyshoes.com/

Yeah, I know I'm awesome LOL :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
06-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Papa Smurf------you are "da man"!!

Thank you very much!!!

GUNHO
06-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by NewStang
I thought this post was going to be about John Kerry. :p

" I voted for the.......before I voted against it". :D

spiveyrat
06-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If I put "sticky flip flops" in on google....I just get a bunch of stuff on John Kerry.

LOL!!! That's priceless! :D