PDA

View Full Version : Pyromaniacs Unite!

SintonFan
06-27-2004, 01:30 AM
It has been a long dream of mine to own a fireworks stand! Without strings attached like "working for another company" or the old "consignment" bit. Are there any investors out there? LOL
Is the good ol' FOURTH OF JULY drawing close or what? I can feel the spirit...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
06-27-2004, 08:04 AM
I've heard there are some people who make good money doing that. Here in the Houston area, there are some HUGE fireworks stores that sell wholesale direct to the public, or at least that's what their signs say. There's one between Magnolia and Tomball that is housed in what looks to be a 5000 sq, ft building right on the major highway. I assume the real money is in volume.

Sans Couth
06-27-2004, 08:17 AM
"wholesale direct to the public" is an oxymoron.

I like to go to these places and buy one dollars worth of stuff, and then pitch a wall-eyed fit with the cashier when they try and charge me tax.

I always tell them that there is no tax collected in a wholesale transaction, and it usually makes for quite a scene.:D

sinton66
06-27-2004, 09:50 AM
I miss the old days when we could buy cherry bombs. When I was a kid, we would always save a few for special intentions. Worked great when you were hungry for catfish.;)

Ranger Mom
06-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I miss the old days when we could buy cherry bombs. When I was a kid, we would always save a few for special intentions. Worked great when you were hungry for catfish.;)

....and bottle rockets! Me and an ex-boyfriend burned the roof right off of his house having a bottle rocket fight. (Scary...real scary, when it happened, but hilarious now!!):D

sinton66
06-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Those old cherry bombs were the only thing I ever saw that would explode under water. Dang things had enough powder in them that they were about the same as a quarter stick of dynamite. Great for knocking out fish and floating them to the top. RangerMom, We used to "fight" with Roman Candles, and occasionally with bottle rockets.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Roman candle wars are the best....my brother and I used to chase each other around when we were younger and shoot each other with them. Those were the good times...

SintonFan
06-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Ranger Mom, we used to have those old fashioned bottle rockets too. The small ones that aren't sold anymore. We would light them and point them at each other. We had trash can lids for protection. Man, we were stupid.
Some people make $10,000 in the ten days the stands are open.
As far as types of fireworks the 500 gram cakes are best. My favorite cakes are "Extreme Machine" and "One bad Mother". They are the closest you can get to downtown display shells.

Ranger Mom
06-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Our football booster club ran one last year....(for some company)...the booster club ended up making about $2,500 after all was said and done.

That wasn't bad considering there were many people who worked in shifts, so no one had to stay up there a lot!

JasperDog94
06-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Great for knocking out fish and floating them to the top. I think that's still legal in Arkansas.:p