PDA

View Full Version : New Stadiums

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2004, 11:07 PM
A new football stadium is being built in Bandera, should be ready for August. It's up by the high school, which is a few streets over from my house. Guess I'll be hearing the play by play in my own back yard this year!! Just wanted to let the ones that dogged me so badly in the past, know that they will be in better surroundings this fall!! Any one else out there getting one?? :D

lobo12
06-26-2004, 11:11 PM
i think in a couple of years we will be getting that artificial turf but other than that we have a great stadium

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2004, 11:17 PM
I don't know if we are getting artificial turf or not. It has been a big agruement around here...it will cost alot and some people think the life of it is too short for what it costs. Any imput on this from anyone out there?? Which is better??

WOSgrad
06-26-2004, 11:29 PM
Oh, yeah. We'll be getting a new stadium, just ask Old Cardinal. WO-S is just swimming in money and can buy any damned thing they want.

Ain't that right, Old Cardinal.

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Well, right now, our new stadium looks really sparse.. I mean all i see are metal stands and alot of dirt. It is being built where our old practice field was. It does have a nice track around it. But, it sure looks plain right now. I will miss our old one, however little and outdated it was, it had alot of good memories. Oh well....on with progress!!!

SintonFan
06-27-2004, 01:04 AM
They didn't cut down that magical Ya Ya tree to build that stadium, I hope?:D
j/k Ya Ya

VWG
06-27-2004, 09:41 AM
I hate to see turf. Call me a traditionalist, but football is meant to be played outside and on real grass.

Sport turf, astro-turf, the only thing that counts is dirt and grass.

Ranger Mom
06-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Greenwood is "re-vamping" their stadium. We are adding more bleachers to both sides of the field. (I expect Sweetwater to fill the visitors stands once again this year)!

We got new grass last year. We looked into getting the turf, but all "studies" showed it not to be cost effective. We are right across the street from a huge cotton field. We were told with the way the wind blows here, and the fact that we are not in a "bowl", the turf would be stripped in 2-3 years.

Because of the beaurocratic "red tape", we STILL do not have a track. We aren't even guarenteed to have a track by next track season, until the company that was re-doing it goes through all the "bankruptcy" procedures.

We look forward to sitting in our nice new stands looking out on our nice green field, encircled by an ugly dirt track!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Papa Smurf 05
06-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Kennedale is getting grass turf. You should see how much dirt we have piled up everywhere. Geez!!! :eek:

ej2525
06-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear Bandera is getting a new stadium. I went by there a couple of years ago and saw the stadium and I knew then you guys needed a new stomping ground at first glance. But, I guess there is alot of history that will be left on that field.

Bull Butter
06-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Didn't the old stadium appear in a Charlie Robison video?

D. R. Hooks
06-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Has Jasper HS made any modifications to their stadium in recent years? My only visit was in 1987.