PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield a little history and projections

Old Cardinal
06-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Orangefield was one of the original boom towns of Texas. They played 11 man football pretty early. As the oil patch declined, they switched to 6-man football under Coach White in the early 1950s. They were one of the most successful teams in Texas for a number of years. Late in the '50s Coach R.C. Moore moved them back into 11 man football. Coach Buzz Stanzel built a good program and Edward Peveto kept the tradition going.
Lately the Bobcats have emerged as a threat in 3A football beating a good Liberty team and giving LaGrange all that they wanted. Next year OF will be challenged because of a big graduation, but look out that following year!. I look for OF to get better and better. Coach Flanigan and staff have a really good undergraduate program going. The School District has a healthy growth and seem to have industrous people building houses in a number of locations. Look for things to continue to progress as they gain enrollment levels in 3A ball.

The Coach from Nederland has accepted the baseball position at OF and he is a great Coach. I would suspect that some aspiring baseball youth will talk their parents into moving into the OF school system.

WOSgrad
06-26-2004, 09:45 PM
I think the only folks around here that don't give Orangefield enough credit is folks from Orangefield themselves. They are some of the most modest folks I have ever run across even though the school does have a lot going for it.

Bobkat
06-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Thanks WOSgrad, I really appreciate the comment and the notice of our school district. I'm very proud of our little community and the school district that this town evolves around. Thanks again for the compliment. Belive me when I say that I have the upmost respect for your school and your program. It's going to be weird actually seeing the Blue and Silver on the other side of the field this year. I still can't believe that we'll be playing each other. Good Luck!!!

WOSgrad
06-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Me neither, bobkat. I must admit seeing those Orange paws on the other side will be strange to us as well. But I think it will be fun, too.

middleagecardinal
06-28-2004, 06:37 AM
I thought I just read where Flanigan is going to Crosby...