PDA

View Full Version : Predictions-final four baseball 3A

Old Cardinal
04-02-2002, 02:48 PM
Here are my final four picks for the State Baseball Tournament....Region I Lubbock- Cooper, Region II Forney, Region III Bridge City, Region IV Sinton....Please don't just disagree, instead list your predictions at this point.

eye of the tiger
04-02-2002, 05:54 PM
Old Card Ill have to take your word for Region I. I know nothing about things west. Region II, I agree with Forney. My beloved Tigers were rolling along nicely undefeated in district(3-0 in district,9-4 on the year) until they came up against Forney. 12-0 was the final. They(Forney) were awesome. Region III and Region IV, dont know much about except from posts on this board BC and Sinton seem like logical choices.
I guess we will find out this June and then can do some serious waiting for August. Good luck to your Cards and to all the teams.

sinfan75
04-02-2002, 09:24 PM
The coaches poll has 4 teams from region 4 ranked inthe top ten.La Grange no.1,Sinton no.2 Yoakem no.6 and Bellville no.10.Whoever gets out of this region I'll tag em as the favorite to win it all.

Old Cardinal
04-02-2002, 10:27 PM
Bridge City put the 10 run rule on Newton tonight...That puts them 4-0 in a good District. They play Orangefield Friday night. Shane Hanks is a great Coach in Orangefield, they are always a threat. Buna and Woodville are very good also.

Old Cardinal
04-06-2002, 08:28 PM
Looks like Perryton may represent Region I in baseball......Bridge City, 10-run ruled the last 3 opponents- Newton, Kelly, and Orangefield, Friday night. Luther Sanders is throwing at 98 mph, while Derek Blackshear and Jamey Knight are at 92 mph-but they are both Juniors. Those three and Chase Tucker for Buna pretty much are dominating pitching in 3A down this way.....Someone make a report on Monahans?

whsfan
04-07-2002, 06:04 PM
It might be worthwhile to consider Wylie in the running for Region 1. They were one game away from the state tournament last year. This year their record is 20-4. That's 10-0 against 3A schools and 10-4 against the 4A & 5A schools.

footballgal
04-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Look out for Port Isabel Tarpons as they are undefeated in district and only three early losses in the season. Port Isabel is in region IV district 32AAA.

In addition, look out for these same Tarpons in the upcoming Football season as they have a mixture of some real good young talent and expierenced Seniors.

Adidas410s
04-07-2002, 07:00 PM
Wylie has a chance to make it to state this year, but they are nowhere near as dominant as they were last year. They have had close games in district this year. Maybe the competition has gotten better, I dont know. I do know they they havent lost a game in district since either 98 or 99. Last year, they 10-run ruled something like 7 or 8 teams. They just dont seem that dominant in district this year. Pre-district is a whole different story though. I got to see them beat the crud out of some solid 5A teams earlier this season. Personally, I would consider them the sleeper of region this year.

Old Cardinal
04-07-2002, 09:06 PM
I am hearing Monahans, Perryton and Wylie all look good- each having different strengths but all have good teamwork.

Centex
04-08-2002, 01:31 PM
A lot of talk goes on about the ranked teams in 3A and how they're going to do...but there's seldom talk about the central texas teams (China Spring, West, Robinson) that end up dousing somebody's fire in Austin. Look for Lorena to spoil a party or two this year.

buffalo booster
04-08-2002, 04:40 PM
Taylor, Giddings, and Elgin all have solid teams this year and should advance. There are a number of quality teams in Central Texas. Can't forget about La Grange, either, but they are in another Region...

Old Cardinal
04-09-2002, 12:53 PM
I am hearing that Perryton is the strongest in Region I by some predictors. Boy, if the predictions would fall Perryton-Region I,Forney-Region II, Bridge City-RegionIII , and Sinton-RegionIV.....That's almost a carbon copy of the 4 final football teams-with Forney subbing in for Everman.....interesting?