PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who haven't seen it...

WOS1
06-25-2004, 02:44 PM
I strongly suggest getting a copy of last years 4A DII state championship game between LaMarque and Denton Ryan. I just watched it again last night for about the 4th time. If you are a true highschool football fan then you need to see this game. It is the most incredible non-WOS game I've ever seen.

Have any of you seen this game?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-25-2004, 02:46 PM
I watched it when it came on Fox SportsNet twice. It was a great game....I honestly didn't know who would win it was that close.

GUNHO
06-25-2004, 02:48 PM
I have...and your right,what a ball game.

WOS1
06-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I watched it when it came on Fox SportsNet twice. It was a great game....I honestly didn't know who would win it was that close.

How about that receiver for LM (Pete Charnock). He catches 2 passes for 70 yards all season then he catches 4 passes in the finals and 3 go for TD's, one in OT... incredible!:o

Ray_BearKat
06-25-2004, 03:06 PM
I was at the game...supporting my cousin who is on the team. What a game that was...I have never seen anything like that...after all the overtimes. We all almost had a heart attack, and I can't remember when but there was one chance Ryan had to win and the guy missed the field goal...we had thought he made it and were all cheering only to find out he had actually missed. It was amazing, and even though we lost it was a hell of a game.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-25-2004, 03:10 PM
I thought he made that field goal, too.

WOS1
06-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
I was at the game...supporting my cousin who is on the team. What a game that was...I have never seen anything like that...after all the overtimes. We all almost had a heart attack, and I can't remember when but there was one chance Ryan had to win and the guy missed the field goal...we had thought he made it and were all cheering only to find out he had actually missed. It was amazing, and even though we lost it was a hell of a game.
Yeah... that was in the first OT. They had stopped LM and when DR got the ball they drove to the 5 yard line. On 3rd down the coach decided to go ahead and kick the FG. The kid pushed it right and LM wiggled off the hook for one of many times in that game.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-25-2004, 08:43 PM
What a stupid call...I bet that coach was kicking himself for not trying to go for it and then if all else fails kick the field goal.

WOS1
06-25-2004, 11:27 PM
I personally didn't think it was a bad call. If they had a bad snap or something they could have kicked it on 4th down. I think it was the right thing to do. The Kid just missed it. Had they tried to score they may have fumbled or lost yards. You never know.