PDA

View Full Version : All they talk about!!

westTXbest
06-25-2004, 01:28 AM
All the talk is about the east Texas teams. Whats the deal? You seen west texas play a team in 2002, and they (East Texas) got shut out like some over rated team that just gets talked about all the time by people in their region or their side of texas. When people here about west texas they are like oh they belong at the bottom of the list, and when it comes post season they are one of the last ones that people would expect and then people start to regognize them. So rank all those dang Wos and teams that r just fimiliar to ya'll, and we will see waht happens at the end of this year.

kaorder1999
06-25-2004, 01:32 AM
give us your poll?

SintonFan
06-25-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by westTXbest
All the talk is about the east Texas teams. Whats the deal? You seen west texas play a team in 2002, and they (East Texas) got shut out like some over rated team that just gets talked about all the time by people in their region or their side of texas. When people here about west texas they are like oh they belong at the bottom of the list, and when it comes post season they are one of the last ones that people would expect and then people start to regognize them. So rank all those dang Wos and teams that r just fimiliar to ya'll, and we will see waht happens at the end of this year.
Welcome to region 4. :D

SintonFan
06-25-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
give us your poll?
That sig of yours is cache'd and it still takes a minute to load!:p

kaorder1999
06-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That sig of yours is cache'd and it still takes a minute to load!:p

what does that mean?

SintonFan
06-25-2004, 01:43 AM
2k3 made a great signature(He deserves kudos). But it IS a large file. Even though your sig is kinda stored on this computer, it slows down my 3adownlow download.:D
gni ka...

kaorder1999
06-25-2004, 01:47 AM
im still waiting on yours? HEHE....

Im on dialup tonight and it doesnt seem like it is taking any time at all to load...

sleep well

spiveyrat
06-25-2004, 06:20 AM
Great first post. :clap: :clap:

:rolleyes:

Sans Couth
06-25-2004, 06:40 AM

Ranger Mom,

Just because you are a Moderator does not give you the right to make up silly names and post incognito.:D :D

GUNHO
06-25-2004, 07:18 AM

Yeah I feel your pain.Kinda like the weather.The northeast (USA ) gets all the attention.They will spend more time on a little shower up there than a flood going on here in Texas. Anyway,let's see who you think should on the list.

JasperDog94
06-25-2004, 08:21 AM
We're all breathless with anticipation waiting for you poll.:hairpunk:

WOS92
06-25-2004, 08:32 AM
I don't think he has any clue who should be in the poll. People aren't talking about WO-S b/c they're an east Texas team. They are talking because we're a pretty good team that is new to 3A. You can't say we're overrated as a 3A team b/c we've never played a single game as a 3A team.
So where's your poll?

vet93
06-25-2004, 09:20 AM
WestTXbest....I am a native west texan and have been for all of my life. I understand your frustration, but to be quite honest, with the exception of the game that you mentioned (Daingerfield/Greenwood) and abilene wylie's run in 2000, west texas teams have not faired too well when playing into region 2 for the past 20 to 30 years in 3A. That doesn't take away from any current or future team but it certainly gives rise to the reason why west texas is often not considered strongly when polls are established. One other team that is west of I-35 that has had success is Vernon (although, you would be hard pressed to call them "west texas")

District303aPastPlayer
06-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
I don't think he has any clue who should be in the poll. People aren't talking about WO-S b/c they're an east Texas team. They are talking because we're a pretty good team that is new to 3A. You can't say we're overrated as a 3A team b/c we've never played a single game as a 3A team.
So where's your poll?
very good point

GUNHO
06-25-2004, 01:15 PM

This guys last sentence shows he has a little spunk...I like that.:D

westTXbest
06-25-2004, 02:43 PM
My opinion, people may not agree with it but i think its a good one.

1. Gainesville
2. Wylie
3. Marlin
4. Vernon
5. Atlanta
6. Jasper
7. Midland Greenwood
8. Gilmer
9. Kennedale
10. Wos

westTXbest
06-25-2004, 02:50 PM
The 4 region 1 teams in this poll i think r legit to be top 10 or 15 teams cause they r the best in region 1 and i think could play with the other teams in the poll and wont get blown out. I think region 1 is going to have a salty team this year.

WOS1
06-25-2004, 02:58 PM

1. Gainesville
2. Wylie
3. Marlin
4. Vernon
5. Atlanta
6. Jasper
7. Midland Greenwood
8. Gilmer
9. Kennedale
10. Wos
Wow... he ranked us too. Wasn't he just complaining about that?

oh well
06-25-2004, 02:58 PM
I just read Greenwoods schedule talk about a great tough schedule Wylie, sweetwater, Snyder, Andrews they will be ready for District.

GUNHO
06-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Nofare.You put wos and just teams that r firmiliar with you in there.:eek:.Just kidding.:D.

WOS92
06-25-2004, 03:40 PM
1. WO-S
2. Jasper
3. Bridge City
4. Anahuac
5. Orangefield
6. Buna
7. Kirbyville
8. Gainesville
9. Sealy
10. Cuero

;)

Som peeple may not agree but ...

Sans Couth
06-25-2004, 03:48 PM
The 4 region 1 teams in this poll i think r legit to be top 10 or 15 teams cause they r the best in region 1 and i think could play with the other teams in the poll and wont get blown out. I think region 1 is going to have a salty team this year.

Since Gainesville moved to Region 1 they for sure will have at least one salty team.:D

kepdawg
06-25-2004, 03:51 PM
1. WO-S
2. Jasper
3. Bridge City
4. Anahuac
5. Orangefield
6. Buna
7. Kirbyville
8. Gainesville
9. Sealy
10. Cuero

;)

Som peeple may not agree but ...

We all know this can't be a football poll!

westTXbest
06-25-2004, 03:54 PM
lol nice poll

WOS92
06-25-2004, 03:56 PM
It was a parody poll... except for #1 and 2 ;)

westTXbest
06-25-2004, 04:03 PM
i wanna see the poll after week 0 and 1. Maybe there will be some upsets or dark horse teams come out to play.

westTXbest
06-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Im ready to Greenwood and Abilene Wylie play in the first game of the season, that will ne a good test for both teams. That will be a west texas barn burner.

vet93
06-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Wylie starts slow traditionally, however the Rangers have put the "green" back in greenwood this year because they will be starting alot of knew faces. I think that Coach Purser will have the boys ready, but I am not sure that they will be as polished as the last few years. I have a theory about Greenwood though, it is on the years that everyone thinks that they aren't going to be as good that they really come out and put the whoop on people. On the years that they are expected to win it all something always seems to happen to keep them from meeting expectations. If you take this theory into account....then watch out for the Rangers. However, if you take the traditional theory of performance based on last years record and returning starters then it may be a few games into the season before the Rangers are running on all cylinders. This brings me to my early prediction for the game....Wylie 14 and Greenwood 13. Overall, I would have to rank Greenwood behind Wylie, Sweetwater and Vernon based on last years performance and returning starters. But...don't forget my Greenwood theory which would throw a monkey wrench into the traditional way to predict......How is that for rambling!

Im ready to Greenwood and Abilene Wylie play in the first game of the season, that will ne a good test for both teams. That will be a west texas barn burner.

WOS92
06-25-2004, 05:10 PM

We'll have its East Texas equal in the first game with WO-S vs. Jasper. Should be a great week!

lobo12
06-25-2004, 05:37 PM
i dont know if greenwood should be a top ten team, they lost an awful lot of seniors but i guess i will wait and see

GUNHO
06-26-2004, 08:08 AM
We'll have its East Texas equal in the first game with WO-S vs. Jasper. Should be a great week!

There you go again WOS92....talking about them dang east texas teams.:rolleyes: :D

District303aPastPlayer
06-26-2004, 09:21 AM

1. Gainesville
2. Wylie
3. Marlin
4. Vernon
5. Atlanta
6. Jasper
7. Midland Greenwood
8. Gilmer
9. Kennedale
10. Wos
i can honestly say that sinton, this year, will be a top 10 team.
Travis Franco will be the number 3 rusher in 3a this year, behind Purvey and Huffman from Rice. im being bold and predicting it.

wildstangs
06-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Until a West Texas team wins it all, thats the image we are stuck with. Look at West Texas 4A teams. They havent won a title since Sweetwater took it all in 1985. According to my State Chamions Poster, the last 3A West Texas team to win it all ( I dont consider Brownwood or Vernon West Texas) was Lubbock Estacado in 1968. 4A was the highest classification back then.

wildstangs
06-26-2004, 11:18 AM
I believe this game is in Wylie also? Wylie 35 Greenwood 12.

Ranger Mom
06-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I believe this game is in Wylie also? Wylie 35 Greenwood 12.

OUCH!!:hairpunk:

wildstangs
06-26-2004, 01:43 PM
No offense Ranger mom. I think Wylie will be one of the top teams in the West this year. I would put them top 5 in the Region.

oh well
06-26-2004, 09:53 PM
It will be a lot closer then that. I know Greenwood will be young but they are always a hard nose football team that likes to hit. It will be one of the better games that time of the year. It will be a good test for Wylies Offensive line. Wylie will also get to see a bone team earlier in the year now that there is 2 in their District. Both head coaches are proven winners.

lobo12
06-26-2004, 11:08 PM
greenwood ran a lot more spread last yr than i remembered them running in the past are they going to keep adding a little more

Buffalo
06-27-2004, 12:30 PM
I am sure they willrun more and go back to more bone until the new Qb gets the hang of things. He has big shoes to fill

westTXbest
06-27-2004, 08:33 PM
wildstangs wylie may beat sweetwater that bad but not greenwood, i promise.

wildstangs
06-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Wylie hasnt beat Sweetwater since 2001. I didnt mean any offense to Greenwood, I just think Wylie is going to be pretty dang good this year.

spiveyrat
06-28-2004, 06:14 AM
1. WO-S
2. Jasper
3. Bridge City
4. Anahuac
5. Orangefield
6. Buna
7. Kirbyville
8. Gainesville
9. Sealy