PDA

View Full Version : I don't think it will happen but.....

Sans Couth
06-23-2004, 09:51 PM
.....it sure is gonna be tough down in the Golden Triangle if WOS does not live up to the hype. Stranger things have happened though. Sometimes moving down does not mean that much. It is gonna be fun to watch.

P.S. I really just started this thread to start some lively conversation.

kaorder1999
06-23-2004, 10:12 PM
i agree....it happens from year to year...someone moves down from 4A and they all of a sudden are favorites to win it all. Everman has really been the only 3A team recently to make much noise (Championships) after dropping

WOS92
06-23-2004, 11:32 PM
True, it would be ugly down here if we aren't able to do some damage in 3A. There have only been two years in recent memory that we weren't a better-than-average 4A team in the state's toughest district, so expectations are high. It will be tough to live up to them, although our familiar foes from current and recent 3As - like BC, Jasper and Newton - can attest that we are more than just a bunch of hype. To go from being the team with the top all-time win %age in 4A to a letdown in 3A would indeed be crushing, but I don't think any WO-S fans are taking 3A lightly. No doubt, you're right.

kaorder1999
06-23-2004, 11:34 PM
WOS will do great....they'll open some eyes of a lot of people

WOS92
06-23-2004, 11:43 PM
The early part of the season could make us look much worse than we are, as we're playing some top-tier teams in pre-district: Jasper, Bay City (likely Top 3 in 4A), Nederland (top 20 4A), Beaumont Central (4A playoff team 03, 02) and Newton. Two of those teams have accounted for our last four losses (Nederland and Central). But Bay City has accounted for a few of our most thrilling recent wins. So don't judge us too early :D

WOS1
06-24-2004, 09:34 AM
It's kind of exciting thinking about what is going to happen, good or bad. Our neighbors (Jasper, BC, Orangefield, Newton) and us are thinking "these guys have no idea what's about to happen" and the folk that have been in 3A for a while are thinking "these guys have no idea what's about to happen". I guess we're gonna find out who's right in a couple of months.

All I know is that it's a relief for WOS fans that we aren't the little guys on the block anymore.

Old Dog
06-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Those unknowns are part of what makes high school football so great!

Newton is somewhat in the same boat with dropping down to 2A after being successful in 3A.

I would bet there are lots of teams that are NOT looking forward to you guys moving in with them.

Old No. 7
06-24-2004, 10:28 AM
I can't wait to see what happens. WOS has always played good football( in my opinon). My predictions are based on that and not on them just dropping to 3a.

X21AAAPlayer
06-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Those unknowns are part of what makes high school football so great!

Newton is somewhat in the same boat with dropping down to 2A after being successful in 3A.

I would bet there are lots of teams that are NOT looking forward to you guys moving in with them.
Lol it's going to be fun watching newton and deweyville. I was talking to a few of the people over there and they had never heard of newton. Wake up call!

GUNHO
06-24-2004, 12:24 PM
When we dropped to 4A in 1986 we won it all the next two years and made the finals the third year.But,we were coming off a good playoff run in 5A.Some might be thinking we will do the same because of the drop to 3A.Though I think we are a good football team,IMO,we are not as strong as the team that dropped from 5A TO 4A.Still I like our chances but I also know it will be determind on the field and not on paper.