PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville - 30 Pilot Point - 0

Keith7
10-11-2002, 10:29 PM
Looks like we proved alot of people wrong again..
Oh well I wont rub it anyone's face.. it was a good game

The One
10-11-2002, 10:33 PM
PPHS, What happend?? Will they end the Celina streak if yall dont next week?

BullsFan
10-11-2002, 10:35 PM
Keith, you crack me up. I love the way you "don't" rub it in people's faces. wink

PPHS, sorry about the loss. I'll be rooting twice as hard for you guys next week.

eye of the tiger
10-11-2002, 10:51 PM
The shutout surprises me. Gainsville's defense must be as good as I have been hearing lately. Congrats to the Leopards. PP hold your head high and regroup for next week.

Keith7
10-11-2002, 11:10 PM
BullsFan:
Keith, you crack me up. I love the way you "don't" rub it in people's faces. wink

PPHS, sorry about the loss. I'll be rooting twice as hard for you guys next week.Well too many people were predicting Pilot point over us! kinda ticked me off

PPHSfan
10-11-2002, 11:42 PM
Hi guys, I just got home. Man what a game. Pilot Point came out strong on defense but so did Gainsville. Man these guys are fast. I had said all along that PP would have to play mistake free ball, and get a couple of lucky breaks to have a chance against a team as fast and deep as Gainsville. Well it didn't happen tonight. I have not seen the box yet, but penaltys killed every chance we had at keeping it close. The few big plays that we did have were called back and you just can't expect to win a ballgame if you give up everything you do because of mistakes. I will have to look it up to see when the last time PP was shut out and get back to you.

One, yes if Gainsville plays defense as well as they played against us, I don't see Celina beating them, but I hate to call the game just yet. I still think we have a good chance at ending Celina's streak on our own, but if Celina makes it through both us and Gainsville, then they will most definatley deserve the district title. Gainsville played a great game, they were prepared and they executed well.

I would like to say this. I am really proud of the way our defense played tonight, I honestly think the defense played alot better than the final score shows, and I think Keith will probably agree. Our offense struggled all night against Gainsville's fantastic defense, but I don't think they ever gave up. It was a dissapointing loss, but we will rebound and be ready for Celina next week. Congratulations on a very well planned, and exucuted ball game by the leapords, you guys came to play and I am very impressed. Good luck the rest of the way.

BullsFan
10-12-2002, 08:15 AM
Keith7:
Well too many people were predicting Pilot point over us! kinda ticked me offWell, I can't imagine why they did that. Gainesville is definitely the real deal. I did tell PPHS that you guys were beatable, but IMO any team is beatable under the right circumstances. Congrats on the win. :)

PPHS, still rooting big time for you guys to take Celina. :)

Keith7
10-12-2002, 12:58 PM
Word on the streets is that this is the first time G.A.Moore has been shut out since 1989..

PPHSfan
10-12-2002, 09:54 PM
It was the first time Pilot Point has been shut out in 22 years. The last shutout happend in the 1980 2A State Title Game that ended in a 0-0 tie with Tidehaven.

Keith7
10-13-2002, 12:41 AM
Wow.. that must say alot for the Gainesville Leopard Defense, huh?

The One
10-13-2002, 01:39 PM
You know, I have held in check long enough.. Keith your a smart ass and I hope Celina beats the crap out of yall!

BullBacker
10-13-2002, 08:04 PM
Keith,
I am not sure you guys have proven anything yet, what will happen you play a healthy team? You beat Bridgeport without a healthy Daughtery, you beat Pilot Point without #1 RB Salas, and now you get Celina who is battling staff infections. The best yall can expect unfortunatley is another quick exit from the big dance because your luck of facing unhealthy teams will end!

Rabbit'93
10-13-2002, 08:10 PM
Last time I checked a W was still a W and a L was still a L, whether the team was healthy or not. Sounds like some sour grapes to me. Not trying to ruffle feathers....that's just the way I see it.

<small>[ October 13, 2002, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

Keith7
10-15-2002, 03:06 PM
Bullbacker..
Daughtry sure looked healthy when he was running those Q.B. Draws but I guess a sprained ankle is almost career ending.. and Pilot point woulda had the same game plan with Salas or anyother running back.. and finally Staff infections dont last 3 weeks, thats a good excuse for almost losing to pottsboro.. but they should be 100% by the time they play us..
Also we've had plenty of key injurys this year too and where are our excuses for it?

BullsFan
10-15-2002, 06:58 PM
I'm not going to make a single comment about Daughterty's injury. I do believe he wasn't 100%, but he wasn't the only player out there, and to be perfectly frank, we pretty well stunk up the field in the fourth quarter. We deserved to lose, and we did.

I will, however, take exception to the comment about Salas. I don't know if you ever saw him play, but I did. The kid was magnificent. I guarantee you had he been playing Gainesville, you wouldn't have shut them out. I won't say you wouldn't have beaten them because Gainesville has an excellent team, and I'm not trying to take anything away from them. But that kid was GOOD.

Keith7
10-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Yes I seen film of him rushing for 70 or so yards against Bridgeport in the first Quarter.. but He was injured when we played them so their is no telling what woulda happened.. for all we know is that he coulda had negative 100 yards rushing or gained 200.. if our defense still played it right.. there still very could as well of been a shut out with those things

<small>[ October 15, 2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

BullsFan
10-15-2002, 09:43 PM
So gracious in victory.

I bet sportsmanship and class are HUGE with your coaches.

The One
10-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Bullsfan as I said in a previous post Gainesville's team as Keith is showing, lacks discipline. This why they get knocked out in the first round every year and that is why this year will be no different. Its a shame that that much talent has to go to waste.

Keith7
10-15-2002, 09:52 PM
Lacks Discipline??
Bad Sportsmanship??
I'm not talkin crap??
I'm sharing my opinion..
Bridgeport is an awesome team, and will undoubtly go far in the playoffs.. and i've said that plenty of times.. but i guess all those times are cancled out.. by 1 of my opinions

PPHSfan
10-15-2002, 09:56 PM
Hey guys, yall let this thread die please. I am getting tired of looking at that score. :p :p :p

Keith7
10-15-2002, 10:00 PM
I'd be more then happy too
I just dont understand how people can come off talkin about our program like that after any comment I've made.. I really didnt mean to put anybody down.. I'm sorry guys for being proud of our defense