PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Schlitterbahn?

kaorder1999
06-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Im going this next week with the fam...

La Grange
06-22-2004, 09:15 PM
If your expectations are really really high.....then they will still get blown out of the water.....this is really a truly great place.

Ride the Master Blaster, a really great ride.

kaorder1999
06-22-2004, 09:15 PM
im pumped about it...its going to be fun from what most people have told me...and there will be a day that I go down the river....never done that either

La Grange
06-22-2004, 09:20 PM
The Comal River ( That is the one Schlitterbaun uses for it's water) is a great river to float. The Guadalupe in my opinion is the best, but that is just for the party aptmosphere.

Both rivers are close to New Braunsfels. I am guessing you are going to float the Comal, but if you float the Guadalupe make sure you get a tube with a bottum in it :D . Or you could bring you a new pair of swim trunks, and a really big bag of ice :D .

kaorder1999
06-22-2004, 09:21 PM
nah..i meant the guadalupe...

La Grange
06-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Then you will have a really great time, but get a tube with a bottom :D .

kaorder1999
06-22-2004, 09:27 PM
why with a bottom?

La Grange
06-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Because then the rapids won't hit you butt :D . And the water is cold, really cold, even if it is 100 degrees outside.

kaorder1999
06-22-2004, 09:30 PM
oh...hehe...i see...

La Grange
06-22-2004, 09:31 PM
I hope you have a great time, it is truly a fun experience.

kaorder1999
06-22-2004, 09:33 PM
im looking forward to it....

Sans Couth
06-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Schlitterbahn....Schmitterbahn.
http://members.tripod.com/~rcaddict/cardinal.jpg

La Grange
06-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Sans Couth.... Sans Mouth

Sans Couth
06-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
Sans Couth.... Sans Mouth

LOL

La Grange
06-22-2004, 09:41 PM
LOL, I didn't know if I wanted to put that or the classic "I know you are but what am I?"

vfunk
06-22-2004, 10:04 PM
fun place....Travel Channel voted it best water park in america...we wanted to ride the master blaster but the wait was 3 hours! The only way to describe it is a water roller coaster! Thats what it looks like. The best things are the pool size hottubs with the swim up bars. Of course...we went in March...not June...hottubs in June do nothing for me!

CowboyFan
06-22-2004, 10:51 PM
RIDE TIPS!!

I've gone to schilitterbahn ever year since I've been born, no other water park can even compare to the greatness of schilitterbahn!! I'm going this weekend as well! That being said, the Master Blaster is the best ride there is the wolfpack which is also located at the top of Blastenoff also another great ride, my tips, go to the old park first, to me if you start out at the newer ones then most of the older rides seem slower paced and not as much fun... White Water Rapids, Cliffhanger, and I can't remember there names they are located back over near the soda straws are my two favorites at the old park. Surf n'Burg is ok, this park is many for smaller children and it has the Boogy Bahn, Wave thingy, which is fun, long line thought, but most all rides have long lines. Now Blastenoff, since this one is the newest it tends to be the most crowded, Wolfpack usually has about an hour wait, but the line for the MasterBlaster is just way to long for me, so what I've always done is about 30 minutes before the park closes head up there, and just finish your day off with this ride. Nothing can top it, by waiting till the end of the day, you aren't up there during the day when you could be riding other rides while in line for the master blaster and the line is usually only about an hour, yeah I know thats still a long wait, but If you plan on staying all day at the park I think it is a good way to end the day!!

3afan2K3
06-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
why with a bottom?
plus for about 50 yards there are signs that say "Caution Snakes"

I dont even ride the rides, I just like to flaot on the various lazy rives, or I like to float around in the HUGE wva poll that surrounds the master blaster and the other big rides.....but if you are going to be brining food I dont htink you can bring in glass, and try to get a table under some shade

kaorder1999
06-22-2004, 11:59 PM
can you for sure take in food?

3afan2K3
06-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
can you for sure take in food?
We have everytime I have gone

kaorder1999
06-23-2004, 12:03 AM
awesome...

olddawggreen
06-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Unless things have changed this year, you can definatly take food and nonacholic beverages (no glass), they will check your ice chest when you go in. Food can get kinda pricey at the Bahn so its a good idea to take some of your own. If you actually stay at the Bahn, you can even take your own adult refreshments,(if you are and adult). We have found that some of the best days to go to miss some of the big crowds are early to mid week.

As far as the river, its fun, but can be very rowdy and loud. If you float the river with your ice chest, no glass and please take your emptys with you when you leave, thats one of the big things I hate about the rivers today, all the cans and trash left behind in the river:mad: . The Guadalupe float is a must have experience when your young. I remember all those float trips when I was at SWT. I was always amazed that we could float for hours, drinking ice cold beer all the way, and no one ever had to go to the bathroom!:eek: :eek: :D

cdlvj
06-23-2004, 08:00 AM
fun place....Travel Channel voted it best water park in america...

I do think that it was voted #1 in the world!

Phil C
06-23-2004, 08:39 AM
You will have a great time and the kids are really going to enjoy it. Some of the rides you may have to wait in line for but yes it is worth the wait. I took my family there and they really liked it. The kids will love getting wet! You are all in for a treat! Have fun!

CatWoman
06-23-2004, 09:15 AM
It is a fun place and be sure to take you cooler with food and drinks. One thing that has impressed me every time I go is that other people dont' mess with your stuff on your table, i.e. your drinks and food, etc., so you can go play and then come back to your table and snack, rest or whatever. I just love going there, it is so much fun.

CHS_Grad '85
06-23-2004, 09:16 AM
I had the pleasure of doing the first & second best water parks (according to the Travel Channel - Schlitterbahn & Blizzard Beach)... both were a blast - but I think you get more bang for your buck at Schlitherbahn... Summit Plummet at BB was a major rush (forget the major wedgie I got - lol)... Master Blaster, Black Knight, Boogie Bahn, & Dragon Blaster are just a few of the thrill rides at Schlitterbahn... one thing I really like is the fact that you can bring your own food (nothing in glass) - they have showers so you don't have to go home all dripping wet... I'm real excited for you... I've already been this year but talking about it makes me want to go again... lol... just may have to...