PDA

View Full Version : chat room

3afan2K3
06-21-2004, 08:56 PM
We need to get another chatroom. A more advanced one then the other one we used to have

Old Tiger
06-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
We need to get another chatroom. A more advanced one then the other one we used to have I think so too.

sinton66
06-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Nah, I don't see a need for it.

dawgmom
09-27-2004, 01:51 PM
It's been three months. Maybe now it makes more sense? I think it is a good idea to have a chat room rather than filling the message board with back and forth chit-chat....:)

sinton66
10-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Well, actually, I thought we had all agreed to do a seperate "General Discussion" forum during the season. I need to contact Matthew and see what he thinks.

Gobbla2001
10-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Well, actually, I thought we had all agreed to do a seperate "General Discussion" forum during the season. I need to contact Matthew and see what he thinks.

Here is the deal about a General Discussion board...

About 70% of our regulars here would go to General Discussion to relieve the football board of all 'non-topic' related discussions...

But then instead of going back to the football board to talk about football, we may be content on staying at the general discussion board and will just post our football talks there...

Not saying that 'IS' how it will go, but that's how I 'feel' it would go... I could be dead wrong...

It's a good debate here, I like it...

Which would contribute more to the 3adownlow and reasons?

Chat room or separate discussion board?

I do have a couple of negatives about a chat room...

Previous chats could be brought up on the football board (since we wouldn't have a general discussion board) and discussed there...

Time? Would everyone be online at the same time to be able to carry on a consistant chat?

Message boards allow users not to all be online at the same time to communicate...

You can leave the board, go take care of business at the store, spend time with family etc... and come back and read your message... However, in a chat room, you'd have to be on there the whole time to get your fix...

There are pro's and con's for both... Maybe we could make posters on the main football board aware of this arguement and tell them to come and discuss it HERE for a while, then make an official vote on it?

I dunno... it'd be kind of cool to get everyone's thoughts out there and let them decide...

Or if you want, only allow donating members to vote or something (I did snag the domain name ya know?)...

I think it'd be a great thing for this message board in letting the members decide...

Just my five bucks...

sinton66
10-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Post a topic on it if you want.