PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Games on the Web?

whatusay2
06-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Jasper fans, we have talked about this subject many, many times before. Is there any chance that either of the Jasper radio stations will be broadcasting the football games this fall on the internet? With the success that the team has had, I can't believe that we STILL can't get a game on the web! Any ideas on how we could make this happen?

j_dog
06-20-2004, 10:00 PM
I am pessimistic. :mad: About all we can do is listen to the opponents' broadcast. :( For the first game of the season, I feel sure that the game with WOS will be broadcast on KOGT. :) Thank you WOS fans!!!

kaorder1999
06-21-2004, 01:26 AM
ill tell you what...some of you jasper fans need to get together and talk to LoneStarTeams in Canton. They can get with the Jasper station and get their games on the net easily. PM me if you have any questions...i used to work for them

spiveyrat
06-21-2004, 07:07 AM
Did anyone contact KAORDER?

JasperDog94
06-21-2004, 04:20 PM
I hope so.

spiveyrat
06-22-2004, 06:33 AM
I guess not. :(

olddawggreen
06-22-2004, 08:28 AM
Guys, has any one ever contacted your local radio stations and talked to some one about this? If you get enough people in your community to contact them they will see that there is a great amount of interest in this and hopefully they will respond. I think it might be a good idea to get your athelitic department and your booster club involved in this one. Calls and letters should get response. All of Burnet's games are broadcast on the local station, and let me tell you, it is great, especially when we play out of town games and many people cant make the game. With the quality team that Jasper has, I guaranty that a Friday night football broadcast would draw a very large amount of listeners. If you or your local stations have any questions on how to set it up, you might call our local station for info. KHLB 106.9FM & 1340AM, Ph # 800-264-5452. These guys do an excelent job. Good Luck! :) :)

spiveyrat
06-22-2004, 09:54 AM
They do broadcast the games over the radio. They just don't webcast them. Jasper has two radio stations. One webcasts and the other one doesn't. Yes, the one that carries the games on the radio is the one that doesn't webcast. Murphy's law.

spiveyrat
06-22-2004, 10:09 AM
I thought this would be an excellent time for all of us to send KTXJ/KWYX an email stating our feelings on this. However, I just tried to get on their site and it is down. If anyone else happens to notice it is back up again, let us know and we can send them a barrage of emails telling them to "get into the 21st century". :D

JasperDog94
06-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I thought this would be an excellent time for all of us to send KTXJ/KWYX an email stating our feelings on this. However, I just tried to get on their site and it is down. If anyone else happens to notice it is back up again, let us know and we can send them a barrage of emails telling them to "get into the 21st century". :D Dude, I'm all over it. Just let me know.

kaorder1999
06-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Did anyone contact KAORDER?

nope...nobody contacted me.....

whatusay2
06-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Sorry I hadn't chimed in since I first posted on Sunday. You guys are quick! I don't post on message boards at work (internet policy), although I can read them. And, I just haven't had a chance to sit down at home to do so. But, I have e-mailed KaOrder. I'll let you guys know what he says. I'm going to e-mail KTXJ once they are back on-line. Also, I liked the idea about the stationn in Canton. I'll see what's up with that...

kaorder1999
06-23-2004, 12:32 PM
whatusay...check PM

whatusay2
06-26-2004, 06:35 PM
KaOrder, check your pm's, thanks!

Lone Star Teams does webcasting. The schools can use it as a teaching tool and actually have students do the broadcast. The high school does have a radio/TV class and a channel on the cable system. I think this would be a neat opportunity for the students. If the school doesn't want to do it, then Lone Star Teams can still do it with the radio station that broadcast the game. I actually think there are two ways to approach this:
1) E-mail the school regarding Lone Star Teams
2) E-mail KTXJ regarding Lone Star Teams
3) This one is a LONG SHOT--but, e-mail KJAS about Lone Star Teams

whatusay2
06-26-2004, 06:41 PM
The KTXJ site is STILL down. DANG IT! Has it moved?

j_dog
06-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Guys, has any one ever contacted your local radio stations and talked to some one about this? ...

. Good Luck! :) :)
Boy, have we ever tried. :( Over the years I have written everyone I knew, from the AD down, and the radio stations. But, you are right. We need to keep trying. Maybe eventually we will wear them down! :)