PDA

View Full Version : band

RiCeBaNd
12-04-2003, 04:44 PM
i cant wait to hear rice's band play, there jammin..hold up wait a minute..let us put some drums in it...YEAAH BEST DRUM LINE>>>WHOO HOO...

BurnetBandRules
12-04-2003, 05:04 PM
WOW, a newcommer who really doens't know the ropes. Look at my name, RiceBand. I did the same thing once. :-) Not anymore

JaSpErBuLLdOgDrUmMeRGaL05
12-04-2003, 05:43 PM
Well, I'm a Jasper Drummer. wink (drumline) :D (4th bass drum) Nice to meet some more band members on here. Burnet, see you Sat. :D

marlin fan
12-04-2003, 05:47 PM
I play tenor sax in the marlin High school bulldog band... its all about the woodwends :D . dont ever post about band on here a gain people get mad. just warrning you

JaSpErBuLLdOgDrUmMeRGaL06
12-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Hey, whats up? I'm a Jasper drummer too baby! Drumline kicks butt! I play 2nd bass, but I think I'm movin down to 3rd next year, woohoo! And I agree with JaSpErBuLLdOgDrUmMeRGaL05, it is great to hear from other band members on here. Hala at cha! :D

Tarpon2004
12-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Well Port Isabel is going to have 35 of their band players not able to make the game cuz they got all valley or something like that so they're gonna have to move up some junior highers...peace

JaSpErBuLLdOgDrUmMeRGaL05
12-04-2003, 05:57 PM
marlin fan:
I play tenor sax in the marlin High school bulldog band... its all about the woodwends :D . dont ever post about band on here a gain people get mad. just warrning youwell sorry for the inconvenience, but personally i haven't seen anyone get mad about the band posts. But if people get mad about it, they can get over it. HOLLA!

sahen
12-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Ross S. Sterling Highschool Band Trombone here!...brass all the way!...i may have graduated but i'll be a band member for life!

jason
12-04-2003, 06:18 PM
wow...this is the coolest post ever... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BurnetBandRules
12-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Hey Jasper folks! Look forward to seeing ya this week! I am a Clarinet player in the band. Seniors rule. Hey, Japser peeps, look for me. I would like to meet someone from the downlow for once. I will be wearing my letter jacket that has two big All-State patches on the Back and two small ones on the arm. FIND ME! K? Bye

20dawgz05
12-04-2003, 08:12 PM
hehe...yall are band nerds!! j/k im in it too but i dont like it so thats the diff. :p

afflac65
12-04-2003, 08:14 PM
hey this is a internet site about football not how good the band is.

BurnetBandRules
12-04-2003, 08:22 PM
afflac65:
hey this is a internet site about football not how good the band is.Man, I know that someone was probably sitting there, bending back your arm telling you that you better open the post or else. Right? The main screen has the capability to hold 25 topics. And out of those 25, you just so happened to get mad at the ONE topic about band. Weird. Guys, this is why we don't make posts about band! Okay!

06dawg
12-04-2003, 09:03 PM
Hey Band Nerds~
Im in it too. Go BHS band!!! Jasper band people can say hi to me too on Sat. Im also on the drumline, WOOHOO!!! Youll know its me, Im the cute one!!! LOL Oh yeah GO BURNET FOOTBALL!!!

jason
12-04-2003, 09:03 PM
BurnetBandRules:

afflac65:
hey this is a internet site about football not how good the band is.Man, I know that someone was probably sitting there, bending back your arm telling you that you better open the post or else. Right? The main screen has the capability to hold 25 topics. And out of those 25, you just so happened to get mad at the ONE topic about band. Weird. Guys, this is why we don't make posts about band! Okay!you are absolutely right...
dont be freaked out, but i think i know who you are...

White&Crimson
12-04-2003, 09:04 PM
afflac65:
hey this is a internet site about football not how good the band is.*shrug* There's about a billion other posts about non-football related stuff, so who cares? IMHO I think there should be an off topic section.

raiderzizcold-iminband
12-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Berry/Alto sax here, from the RHS bizand, whoot whoot. Oh... Yea i dont see why they get so touchy if somone decides to post topics on the band... There is one about Christmas lists for crying out loud... Go nag on them about it, at least band has SOMETHING to do w/ football... Why even spend time to enter a post entitled "Band" and WASTE your time posting about how its a "football websight" if it offends you so much. :mad: JP, there was some teachers askin me who "riceband" was today, they thought it was me, lmao

3afan2K3
12-04-2003, 10:42 PM
raiderzizcold-iminband:
Berry/Alto sax here, from the RHS bizand, whoot whoot. Oh... Yea i dont see why they get so touchy if somone decides to post topics on the band... There is one about Christmas lists for crying out loud... Go nag on them about it, at least band has SOMETHING to do w/ football... Why even spend time to enter a post entitled "Band" and WASTE your time posting about how its a "football websight" if it offends you so much. :mad: JP, there was some teachers askin me who "riceband" was today, they thought it was me, lmaoUntil you're not a scrub anymore then you can make fun of my topics

husker_football_fan
12-04-2003, 10:46 PM
I think aflac65 is a tuba player at heart and he just wont come out of the closet and say he loves to blow anything.

Ranger Mom
12-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey 3afan2K3 - didn't you once set up a forum for band??

marlin fan
12-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Ranger Mom:
Hey 3afan2K3 - didn't you once set up a forum for band??What are you trying to say Rangermom???? LOL J/K :D

jason
Ranger Mom:
Hey 3afan2K3 - didn't you once set up a forum for band??yes, he did...but it was only an attempt to get all the band people off of this one...it obviously didnt work...

3afan2K3
Ranger Mom:
Hey 3afan2K3 - didn't you once set up a forum for band??yes

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Ranger Mom
12-04-2003, 10:54 PM
marlin fan:

Ranger Mom:
Hey 3afan2K3 - didn't you once set up a forum for band??What are you trying to say Rangermom???? LOL J/K :D Hey, Hey now...you better be nice!! :D Someone had said they need a separate forum and I thought of 3afan2k3 - I actually have that page in my favorite places!! :cool:

marlin fan
12-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Ranger Mom:

marlin fan:

Ranger Mom:
Hey 3afan2K3 - didn't you once set up a forum for band??What are you trying to say Rangermom???? LOL J/K :D Hey, Hey now...you better be nice!! :D Someone had said they need a separate forum and I thought of 3afan2k3 - I actually have that page in my favorite places!! :cool: ha ha ha i love to joke around :D

RAIDER96
12-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Go ahead band members, talk. I'd rather read this than some of the other trash on here. The moaners must be really, deep down, be invious or else they would not waste their time reading this. Where would HS football be without the band. Who would play the school song or the national anthem. We need ya'll .....even if we do use half time to go to the bathroom. oops just kiddding.
Hey Afflac, see ya Saturday in SA.

RiCeBaNd
12-04-2003, 11:02 PM
RHS Drumline #1

RiCeBaNd
12-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Sorry about the topic... i forgot to log out and my lil sis got on... she's in band too but she sucks.

Owen B
12-04-2003, 11:10 PM
If any topic having to do with school or community support is appropriate on this forum, certainly band is. If you took away the bands and other supporting groups, Texas High School football would be greatly diminished.

RiCeBaNd
12-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Thanks. maybe i outta thank my sis

Rocksolid
12-04-2003, 11:29 PM
I dont think you guys should dis band it is the glue that holds football together. If it wasnt for band there would be no halftime and without halftime there would be no break beetween the 2nd quarter and the 3rd. I mean if it wasnt for band the players wouldnt get a break they would just go out all tired and stuff how fun is that. And if it wasnt for band there wouldnt be twirlers and flaggers who wear really tight suits.(which is a bad thing somtimes) but somtimes it is good very good. I also belive because of these flaggers and twirlers, cheerleading was evolved wich seperated the girls you wanted to look at from a distance and the ones you wanted to see up close. And if it wasnt for band some people wouldnt even come to games but thanks to band all people are allowed to enjoy football, Not just jocks, pretty girls, and their parents, or die hard football fans but it also brings the geeks, nerds, losers, and everyone else that isnt all that popular together and unites them as one Band might just be the best thing ever because it gets all the people who ussually like to try and avoid the sun and mosquittos and grass to come out of their hidding and breathe nice fresh allergy filled air. For this i salute you Band and all the people with retainers and inhailers that you helped give courage to and the ones that you made believe that they actually look cool with their shiny instruments, little hats, and dress shoes with jackets they have to wear in weather that is hot or cold that must always be buttoned all the way to the top. Band you are good you made millions think they where actually cool at one point in their life and this is why you are good.

jason
12-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Rocksolid:
I dont think you guys should dis band it is the glue that holds football together. If it wasnt for band there would be no halftime and without halftime there would be no break beetween the 2nd quarter and the 3rd. I mean if it wasnt for band the players wouldnt get a break they would just go out all tired and stuff how fun is that. And if it wasnt for band there wouldnt be twirlers and flaggers who wear really tight suits.(which is a bad thing somtimes) but somtimes it is good very good. I also belive because of these flaggers and twirlers, cheerleading was evolved wich seperated the girls you wanted to look at from a distance and the ones you wanted to see up close. And if it wasnt for band some people wouldnt even come to games but thanks to band all people are allowed to enjoy football, Not just jocks, pretty girls, and their parents, or die hard football fans but it also brings the geeks, nerds, losers, and everyone else that isnt all that popular together and unites them as one Band might just be the best thing ever because it gets all the people who ussually like to try and avoid the sun and mosquittos and grass to come out of their hidding and breathe nice fresh allergy filled air. For this i salute you Band and all the people with retainers and inhailers that you helped give courage to and the ones that you made believe that they actually look cool with their shiny instruments, little hats, and dress shoes with jackets they have to wear in weather that is hot or cold that must always be buttoned all the way to the top. Band you are good you made millions think they where actually cool at one point in their life and this is why you are good.wow i cant believe i just spent 2 minutes of my life reading that

trust me, halftime would still be there...we would be able to eat our nachos and other things from the concession stand in some peace and quiet...

lepfan
12-04-2003, 11:36 PM
jason:

Rocksolid:
I dont think you guys should dis band it is the glue that holds football together. If it wasnt for band there would be no halftime and without halftime there would be no break beetween the 2nd quarter and the 3rd. I mean if it wasnt for band the players wouldnt get a break they would just go out all tired and stuff how fun is that. And if it wasnt for band there wouldnt be twirlers and flaggers who wear really tight suits.(which is a bad thing somtimes) but somtimes it is good very good. I also belive because of these flaggers and twirlers, cheerleading was evolved wich seperated the girls you wanted to look at from a distance and the ones you wanted to see up close. And if it wasnt for band some people wouldnt even come to games but thanks to band all people are allowed to enjoy football, Not just jocks, pretty girls, and their parents, or die hard football fans but it also brings the geeks, nerds, losers, and everyone else that isnt all that popular together and unites them as one Band might just be the best thing ever because it gets all the people who ussually like to try and avoid the sun and mosquittos and grass to come out of their hidding and breathe nice fresh allergy filled air. For this i salute you Band and all the people with retainers and inhailers that you helped give courage to and the ones that you made believe that they actually look cool with their shiny instruments, little hats, and dress shoes with jackets they have to wear in weather that is hot or cold that must always be buttoned all the way to the top. Band you are good you made millions think they where actually cool at one point in their life and this is why you are good.wow i cant believe i just spent 2 minutes of my life reading that

trust me, halftime would still be there...we would be able to eat our nachos and other things from the concession stand in some peace and quiet...LOL, jason!

RiCeBaNd
12-04-2003, 11:39 PM
of course i'm a bad memeber..but i dont have a retainer and a inhaler....i just love playing the drums.

RiCeBaNd
12-04-2003, 11:39 PM
thats y i'm in band
(sorry left that off)

sahen
12-05-2003, 12:23 AM
Rocksolid:
I dont think you guys should dis band it is the glue that holds football together. If it wasnt for band there would be no halftime and without halftime there would be no break beetween the 2nd quarter and the 3rd. I mean if it wasnt for band the players wouldnt get a break they would just go out all tired and stuff how fun is that. And if it wasnt for band there wouldnt be twirlers and flaggers who wear really tight suits.(which is a bad thing somtimes) but somtimes it is good very good. I also belive because of these flaggers and twirlers, cheerleading was evolved wich seperated the girls you wanted to look at from a distance and the ones you wanted to see up close. And if it wasnt for band some people wouldnt even come to games but thanks to band all people are allowed to enjoy football, Not just jocks, pretty girls, and their parents, or die hard football fans but it also brings the geeks, nerds, losers, and everyone else that isnt all that popular together and unites them as one Band might just be the best thing ever because it gets all the people who ussually like to try and avoid the sun and mosquittos and grass to come out of their hidding and breathe nice fresh allergy filled air. For this i salute you Band and all the people with retainers and inhailers that you helped give courage to and the ones that you made believe that they actually look cool with their shiny instruments, little hats, and dress shoes with jackets they have to wear in weather that is hot or cold that must always be buttoned all the way to the top. Band you are good you made millions think they where actually cool at one point in their life and this is why you are good.Wow...that is the most politically incorrect thing i have ever heard....yet....it was pretty true...except for the fact that i never thought i was cool in band...i just liked the free trips to all the football games....by the way...alotta people on this sites go to schools that have good football teams...but at schools that have sucky teams alotta poeple come to just watch the band....i know it sounds crazy, esp. to people who have never had to endure this...but it is true...whenever all u band bashers go watch a game next season agasint one of those schools that u beat about 60-0 see how many poeple are there before halftime...and then after...those people didnt come just to see if the team was gonna hang in there....they came to see the band...

RiCeBaNd
12-05-2003, 12:39 AM
tell him sahen

JasperDog94
12-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Rocksolid:
if it wasnt for band some people wouldnt even come to games but thanks to band all people are allowed to enjoy football, Not just jocks, pretty girls, and their parents, or die hard football fans but it also brings the geeks, nerds, losers, and everyone else that isnt all that popular together and unites them as one I don't know whether to say thanks for the backhanded compliment or be really insulted. I'll have to think on that one for awhile.

TRUMPETS RULE!!!
&gt;-iii--&lt;

<small>[ December 05, 2003, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

sahen
12-05-2003, 01:00 AM
yah i know...i went to one of those schools....we won 10 games in 4 years...ouch...but our band kicked a--.....and everyone left our games at the half...well unless if we performed after the game..then they showed up at the half

CodyTab
12-05-2003, 11:48 AM
jason:

Rocksolid:

trust me, halftime would still be there...we would be able to eat our nachos and other things from the concession stand in some peace and quiet...IF you came to a football game to eat nachos in peace in queit, then you got some problems.

Old No. 7
12-05-2003, 02:09 PM
Owen B:
If any topic having to do with school or community support is appropriate on this forum, certainly band is. If you took away the bands and other supporting groups, Texas High School football would be greatly diminished.I agree Owen B. I never played in the band but I sure like to listen to one. There's nothing like a good fight song from the band to get your blood pumping. Jasper band sure looks good this year. I hope they win the game and the half time show. :)

Old No. 7
12-05-2003, 02:11 PM
Owen B:
If any topic having to do with school or community support is appropriate on this forum, certainly band is. If you took away the bands and other supporting groups, Texas High School football would be greatly diminished.I agree Owen B. I never played in the band but I sure like to listen to one. There's nothing like a good fight song from the band to get your blood pumping. Jasper band sure looks good this year. I hope they win the game and the half time show. :)

Old No. 7
12-05-2003, 02:12 PM
Sorry for the double posts. Cold weather does that to my trigger finger. :D :D

3afan2K3
12-05-2003, 04:57 PM
The band is ok. But some of these band leaders are just so dumb. You don't start playing a song when your team has the ball and is right in front of you, you do that when the other team is. Also, some bands EX. Forney's band plays songs during the game. The players don't want to hear songs no one has ever heard of they want to hear stuff like the "charge" thing or something that gets the crowd involved in yelling somthing. But this is just my opinion

<small>[ December 05, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Ranger Mom
12-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Hearing a band play Hawaii 5-0 always pumps me up!!

White&Crimson
12-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Owen B:
If any topic having to do with school or community support is appropriate on this forum, certainly band is. If you took away the bands and other supporting groups, Texas High School football would be greatly diminished.So true. Band is a balance between doing things to support the football team/entertain the crowd and doing things simply for the sake of the band (contest music).
I feel like in general, high school bands do a lot to support the team.
Jasper's band does sound great this year and I hope they are having fun at all these playoff games. They were always the most fun and laidback for the band in terms of performance because you got to do the more fun stuff...like playing "Low Rider" while forming a car on the field...complete with spinning wheels! :D Good times.
fReNcH hOrNz rUle!

20dawgz05
12-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Rocksolid:
I dont think you guys should dis band it is the glue that holds football together. If it wasnt for band there would be no halftime and without halftime there would be no break beetween the 2nd quarter and the 3rd. I mean if it wasnt for band the players wouldnt get a break they would just go out all tired and stuff how fun is that. And if it wasnt for band there wouldnt be twirlers and flaggers who wear really tight suits.(which is a bad thing somtimes) but somtimes it is good very good. I also belive because of these flaggers and twirlers, cheerleading was evolved wich seperated the girls you wanted to look at from a distance and the ones you wanted to see up close. And if it wasnt for band some people wouldnt even come to games but thanks to band all people are allowed to enjoy football, Not just jocks, pretty girls, and their parents, or die hard football fans but it also brings the geeks, nerds, losers, and everyone else that isnt all that popular together and unites them as one Band might just be the best thing ever because it gets all the people who ussually like to try and avoid the sun and mosquittos and grass to come out of their hidding and breathe nice fresh allergy filled air. For this i salute you Band and all the people with retainers and inhailers that you helped give courage to and the ones that you made believe that they actually look cool with their shiny instruments, little hats, and dress shoes with jackets they have to wear in weather that is hot or cold that must always be buttoned all the way to the top. Band you are good you made millions think they where actually cool at one point in their life and this is why you are good.haha...well that was great but let me clear some things up.....not all band members like it(some are in it for florida haha) and nobody thinks they are cool when they are in a band uniform NO ONE and im in band and im not a loser and i enjoy sunlight and last but not least ARE U CRAZY THOSE ARENT LITTLE HATS THEY ARE LIKE 5ft TALL....band isnt cool and if u think it is u are weird!!!!

3afan2K3
12-05-2003, 05:28 PM
White&Crimson:

Owen B:
If any topic having to do with school or community support is appropriate on this forum, certainly band is. If you took away the bands and other supporting groups, Texas High School football would be greatly diminished.So true. Band is a balance between doing things to support the football team/entertain the crowd and doing things simply for the sake of the band (contest music).
I feel like in general, high school bands do a lot to support the team.
Jasper's band does sound great this year and I hope they are having fun at all these playoff games. They were always the most fun and laidback for the band in terms of performance because you got to do the more fun stuff...like playing "Low Rider" while forming a car on the field...complete with spinning wheels! :D Good times.
fReNcH hOrNz rUle!Forney's band should do something like that, but they have boring performances with songs written by guys who's name I can't pronounce

DawgMaw02
12-05-2003, 06:23 PM
Not that I'm prejudice or anything because my daughter is on the dance team that performs with our band, GO 'DETTES!, but the Burnet band, ESPRIT DE CORP, is GREAT! They are always entertaining. Mr. Lewis, our band director, is always watching the game for the best times to play. They play the short version of our fight song on first downs. During the playoffs, they change up their routine and make it fun! Watch on Saturday.......you'll see!!
Good Luck and and injury free game!! :D :D

06dawg
12-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Well, Im in the Burnet band, and sorry to say, I kinda like! And i think i look pretty good in my band uniform. LOL!!! I think our band does some pretty cool stuff sometimes, sometimes not, but ill forget about that. Like i said earlier, Jasper band people can say hi to me. Im the shortest one on the drumline!!! ;-)