PDA

View Full Version : Funniest HS story?

WOS92
06-17-2004, 12:01 PM
Since we're here yearning for our HS days: What was the funniest thing you did/saw/heard in school?
For me, it was "The Bat Incident." At one of the two WO-S campuses, there was a bat problem in the gym. It was an old school, and they had apparently been roosting in the loft above the stage (which was in the gym) for decades. Every so often, they would decide to take part in gym class. One day, a bat swooped down as the class was playing volleyball. A student with good aim and a lot of b*lls waited until it swooped toward him. He got directly in its path and hurled a volleyball at it like a 90 mph fastball. Bam! Dead bat. So one of the twisted kids in class decides it would be really funny to put it in his pocket and spring it on somebody later in the day. He goes to his next class — biology — takes off his jacket and goes on about his business. Apparently, though, the bat wasn't dead. It was just knocked out. During bio, it woke up and, I guess, decided to make a home in the jacket. It chewed through the pocket lining of the cheap jacket and crawled into the lining. When class ended and the kid put the jacket back on, it really ticked off the bat, which commenced to flapping around and freaking out inside the jacket — while the kid was wearing it. He, in turn, did some shrieking and flailing of his own.
Come on, folks. Share your stories!

Matthew328
06-17-2004, 06:02 PM
I remember when I was in school all the guys would just dress up real crazy for no reason...almost like a "Tacky Day" but 10 times worse...we'd raid our little sisters closets and put on the tiniest tight shirts over other shirts and look absolutley ridicuous...I can't even explain what I saw..it was too much..I can remember being in the cafeteria in the morning just cracking up at the guys when they walked in with all the crazy clothes..

It got put to a stop when Tim Lightfoot wore tighty whitey underwear over some camoflauge pants and he took a brown marker and drew "skid marks" on his behind...LOL I still laugh thinking about it

fred grunden
06-18-2004, 02:58 PM
In high school I was not a model student and did lots of stuff. I would have tore up my kids if they had done similar things. So I won't tell off on myself just yet. I'll tell my daughter's snake story. In high school ag class, the teacher was giving extra credit to students who would bring an agriculture related item to school and do a presesntation about it. Kinda like show and tell. Well she was one who loved animals, any kind, snakes, rats, whatever. She found a very large chicken snake, king snake or something like that and decided to take it to the ag class, make a presentation and get the credit. It was hastily planned and she had to find something to carry the snake to school in. She stuffed the large snake into a rather small old purse that had her name on it that morn. Running late as usual, she had to take the purse to her first class, English. When the bell rang she forgot the purse and left it. It was placed on the teacher's desk and the teacher began to teach at the blackboard. Then a student said, "Ms. Coleman, that purse moved." All eyes were on the purse. It didn't move. She turned her back to the class and began to write on the board again. Soon other students began to yell, that purse moved! All eyes on the purse again. It did not move. After about the 4th or 5th time, the teacher thought the class was just putting her on and scolded them. Between classes my daughter slipped in to find her purse, and rushed off with it to ag class. She got up to give her presentation and opened the purse.
The snake had had about all it could stand of the purse and kind of exploded out of the purse, writhing and hissing. Macho ag boys lept for the back of the room. The ag teacher, a healthy young man himself, turned white as a sheet and slid down the wall to keep from fainting. VIA the teacher's lounge, word spread fast. The next day all her teachers had some choice instructions for my daughter, some very funny.