PDA

View Full Version : Why no more Dunks in WNBA?

PhiI C
06-16-2004, 08:42 PM
The media and league made such a big deal when Lisa Leslie made her dunk but no one including Lisa has made a dunk since then in the WNBA. Strange. Come on Diana! When Roger Banister finally broke the 4 mile barrier in the mile run about 50 years ago there were runners that started breaking that barrier consistently after he did. What I mean is right after it was standin aside while I do better. Oh well.

PhiI C
06-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Even without the dunks the WNBA is great for sports and I enjoy it!

wildstangs
06-16-2004, 10:51 PM
The WNBA is still around?

Matthew328
06-17-2004, 10:04 AM
The WNBA drains my life force....

Bandera YaYa
06-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Really.....I get the same kind of feeling when I'm in the presence of narrow minded males that think they hung the moon, when what's really hanging, just ain't that spectacular!! Yep, I know just what you mean!! :D :D :rolleyes:

WOS92
06-17-2004, 12:24 PM
I don't pay much attention to the WNBA, but I did early on. Lisa Leslie attempted a dunk in that first season and didn't for about three years after. It was in a nationally-televised game and she had a break to the basket in which she was practically the only person on that half of the court. She sprinted up, jumped, the crowd held its breath and... CLANG! It hit the front of the rim and bounced out of bounds. She looked MORTIFIED. I felt really bad for her, and I'm guessing that's why she didn't actually even try again for years.
It was a shame that it happened, but I'm glad it happened to her. Lisa Leslie is an overrated punk.

BullFrog Dad
06-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Really.....I get the same kind of feeling when I'm in the presence of narrow minded males that think they hung the moon, when what's really hanging, just ain't that spectacular!! Yep, I know just what you mean!! :D :D :rolleyes: Bandera YaYa you've got the kind of attitude that I hope my Freshman to be Daughter developes!

Matthew328
06-17-2004, 01:49 PM
It's not narrow minded......I simply don't enjoy watching women's basketball....never have at any level....the game is just flat out boring....maybe I have somewhat of a skewed view becuase I played basketball at a fairly high level....

The women's game is slow and stagnant....do the women have better fundamentals?? Maybe...but that is because they have to resort to something to make up for a lack of athleticism....

But that's just basketball....flip it over to tennis and give me a women's tennis match anyday over a men's match....women serve and volley and have lots of long rallies..while the mens game is basically someone trying to serve the ball as hard as he can past the other guy...

It's a matter of how the game is played.....but let's be honest...the WNBA is a failed league that hemorraghes money...and those are facts...my opinion is women's basketball is boring...and men's tennis is just as boring..

BlueBlood
06-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Women's basketball is like watching the game in slow motion. That simple.

jason
06-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
It's not narrow minded......I simply don't enjoy watching women's basketball....never have at any level....the game is just flat out boring....maybe I have somewhat of a skewed view becuase I played basketball at a fairly high level....

The women's game is slow and stagnant....do the women have better fundamentals?? Maybe...but that is because they have to resort to something to make up for a lack of athleticism....

But that's just basketball....flip it over to tennis and give me a women's tennis match anyday over a men's match....women serve and volley and have lots of long rallies..while the mens game is basically someone trying to serve the ball as hard as he can past the other guy...

It's a matter of how the game is played.....but let's be honest...the WNBA is a failed league that hemorraghes money...and those are facts...my opinion is women's basketball is boring...and men's tennis is just as boring.. i couldnt agree with you more...i loved all the girls that played at forney and utd...but i couldnt stand to watch them play...it was like watching a 7th grade B team game...

Matthew328
06-17-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm glad someone agrees with me.......high school girls basketball is even worse...there's more falling in that than in a football game...it's crazy...I usually just sit and laugh when I am forced to go

Bandera YaYa
06-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I'm glad someone agrees with me.......high school girls basketball is even worse...there's more falling in that than in a football game...it's crazy...I usually just sit and laugh when I am forced to go Uh, need I say more!! :rolleyes:

Bandera YaYa
06-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Bandera YaYa you've got the kind of attitude that I hope my Freshman to be Daughter developes! Well, if you don't demand respect, you won't get it!! Good luck .....I had 2 teenage girls in high school at the same time!! :D

Sans Couth
06-17-2004, 09:09 PM
I don't watch the WNBA for the same reason I don't watch the NBA. I don't like professional basketball. At least in Football the rules are basically the same at all levels. Pro Basketball makes a mockery(sp) of the game. Tell me where but the NBA can you take 27 steps in a layup?

BullFrog Dad
06-18-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
I don't watch the WNBA for the same reason I don't watch the NBA. I don't like professional basketball. At least in Football the rules are basically the same at all levels. Pro Basketball makes a mockery(sp) of the game. Tell me where but the NBA can you take 27 steps in a layup? In My Driveway.