PDA

View Full Version : Question for Gainesville Insiders

Sans Couth
06-14-2004, 07:28 AM
What is the deal with superstar Terrius Purvey?

I heard that he was not in Austin at camp this week, because he went out of town to play basketball.

Does he not want an offer from the Horns?

Help us out....inquiring minds want to know.

HighSchool Fan
06-14-2004, 08:49 AM
I've got a couple of family members that work at the high school in Gaineville and they both say that he is playing AAU basketball this summer. They are pretty sure that he has some offers on the table and that he is in no rush to make a decision.

Sans Couth
06-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I've got a couple of family members that work at the high school in Gaineville and they both say that he is playing AAU basketball this summer. They are pretty sure that he has some offers on the table and that he is in no rush to make a decision.

Maybe so, but since Jackson showed up at camp this weekend, he got the offer, and all bets are he will commit, so Purvey can probably scratch Texas off of his wish list.

Phil C
06-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Who is he going with?

Sans Couth
06-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Who is he going with?

My money says Purvey will end up at Tech. I don't think he will follow Adrian Peterson at OU, and RJ Jackson is gonna be the man in Texas.

HighSchool Fan
06-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Just because Jackson has an offer doesn't mean he will commit. I'm about 95% sure Purvey already has an offer from Texas.

Sans Couth
06-14-2004, 12:50 PM
I think you should put your money on RJ going to Texas, not Purvey. I think Purvey had a chance, but when he failed to show up on the 6th for the mini camp, and RJ did show up, the coaches made a decision. Of course this is just my opinion, and I in no way claim to speak for the University of Texas. However, RJ Jackson is from the same district as, Andrew Kelson, Brian Orakpo, George Walker and Vince Young. And I will bet money they are all on the phone telling RJ where he should go. I honestly think Purvey may have dropped the ball by not going to Austin and showing them his stuff. As I said before, my money is on Terrius at TT now.

HighSchool Fan
06-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Are your saying if Jackson commits to Texas, that Texas still won't give Purvey a scholarship? I'm sure if he wants to go to Texas they will still give him a scholarship. Also, how do we know if Purvey even wants to go to Texas.

Old Tiger
06-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
My money says Purvey will end up at Tech. I don't think he will follow Adrian Peterson at OU, and RJ Jackson is gonna be the man in Texas. If he was smart he wouldn't go to tech. They throw to much. If I committed anywhere besides texas or OU i would choose A&M

Sans Couth
06-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Are your saying if Jackson commits to Texas, that Texas still won't give Purvey a scholarship? I'm sure if he wants to go to Texas they will still give him a scholarship. Also, how do we know if Purvey even wants to go to Texas.

That is exactly what I am saying. Texas only has about 16 scholarships to pass out, and if Jackson commits, I think they will pass on Purvey. Terrius Purvey is a fantastic running back, but so is Jackson, and Mr. Purvey seems to be out of town playing basketball.