PDA

View Full Version : Pop Up Blocker

Old Tiger
06-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Anyone know a really good one that is free that you recommend me download?

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Netscape 7.0 has pop-up blocker that works pretty good.

Old Cardinal
06-13-2004, 04:11 PM
EMS Free Surfer is just great and free....Once loaded, it sets an icon that sometimes will click off, but all you have to do is click and hit OPEN and it's back in service......It's is the best I have tried....Hope this helps
Let me share another thing or two---AVG Anti-Virus System, Panda Software, and House Call all have free virus fighters. I have learned to put my Norton activated, then load the other 3 free ones all at the same time and somehow get rid of viruses that leave my computer clean.....I told this to some computer guru's as to how I did it, and they said they had never tried to do it all at once.
Guess that when I was a kid, I was on an 8 party telephone line and that is where I got the inspiration LOL
Back then also I had Grandparents that had an Outhouse. When I spent the night there, I soon learned "long range planning" I kind of think that long range planning helped me be able to retire quite early, in a round about way!

Old Tiger
06-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Where can i get EMS Free Surfer at OC?

Old Cardinal
06-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Just go to GOOGLE, enter free surfer mk II and there it is....I noticed they have a new free surfer companion. When I have a little time I will check out what it's all about.

Sans Couth
06-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Change your browser to Mozilla Firefox, and you will not need a pop up blocker.

Owen B
06-13-2004, 10:24 PM
I also recommend Mozilla Firefox. In addition to popup blocking, it has other nice features.

Ray_BearKat
06-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Change your browser to Mozilla Firefox, and you will not need a pop up blocker.

Can you elaborate on Mozilla Firefox? I've never heard of it.

Sans Couth
06-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Go Here (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/)

Old Tiger
06-13-2004, 10:51 PM
after you download mozilla firefox what happens to to internet explorer?

Sans Couth
06-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
after you download mozilla firefox what happens to to internet explorer?

It will still be on your computer. But Mozilla will download your favorites automatically into its own bookmarks. Then after you test drive Mozilla, if you don't like it you can always still open IE. But Mozilla blows IE away.

Old Tiger
06-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Does it load everything a little slow at first?

Sans Couth
06-13-2004, 11:13 PM
It may load a little slow while it makes cookies, but it is smoking fast compared to IE once you get it up and running. I have broadband so I noticed a huge speed increase over IE right away. However the biggest asset is that I have not seen a worm in two months.

SintonFan
06-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Tiger Firefox is twice as fast as my IE was.:cool:

Old Tiger
06-13-2004, 11:18 PM
yea i notice it also
tabs are so awesome!!!! :D

kaorder1999
06-14-2004, 12:50 AM
i freaking hate pop ups

Sans Couth
06-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
yea i notice it also
tabs are so awesome!!!! :D

Yep, tabs is my favorite feature too.

Ranger Mom
06-14-2004, 08:46 AM
I downloaded firefox on my computer at work and love it!! I have been having many problems with IE recently and the pop-ups are out of control.

For the time being I am still using AOL at home until I can get off of dial-up.

AOL may have it's problems, but our computer tech told me it has one of the best pop-up blockers around. I have to admit, I have NEVER had a pop-up at home!!

SintonFan
06-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Yep, tabs is my favorite feature too.
Ditto!:cool:

Old Cardinal
06-14-2004, 07:05 PM
I have a question as and ole man that feels like an 8 track system in a DVD world......I would like to know how to selectively delete "cookies". On occassion I have deleted all cookies only to find that I had to hunt around for passwords to reinstall things I wanted to have installed. Is there a better way?

Sans Couth
06-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I have a question as and ole man that feels like an 8 track system in a DVD world......I would like to know how to selectively delete "cookies". On occassion I have deleted all cookies only to find that I had to hunt around for passwords to reinstall things I wanted to have installed. Is there a better way?

You can go in thru windows explorer, and select which cookies you want to delete. However, if you download Mozilla, and set your privacy setting to accept but ask first, you can make a list of the cookies you allow, as you browse, and then you can eliminate the need to clear them.:nerd: