PDA

View Full Version : Which Region had the best year?

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2004, 08:13 AM
I say Region 2 had the best year. 2 state championships in football, 1 state simi-finalist in basketball, 1 track championship and 1 baseball state finalist.

3afan
06-13-2004, 08:28 AM
all this regional competition ... so meaningless IMO ... ugh

Mustang '89
06-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I say Region 2 had the best year. 2 state championships in football, 1 state simi-finalist in basketball, 1 track championship and 1 baseball state finalist.

Don't all Regions have a Semi-finalist?

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
all this regional competition ... so meaningless IMO ... ugh

It's summertime, and no high school sports going on. So what would you like to talk about?

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Mustang '89
Don't all Regions have a Semi-finalist?

No, the team that wins would be the state champions, not a simi-finalist.

Mustang '89
06-13-2004, 08:42 AM
No, the team that wins would be the state champions, not a simi-finalist.

I'm refering to your one State-semifinalist in Basketball. One team from every region right?

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Kountz wouldn't be called a simi-finalist since they won the championship. Gainesville would be a simi-finalist since that is the game that they lost. Greenwood would be a state finalist since they lost the championship game.

Mustang '89
06-14-2004, 07:29 AM
I could see if you were talking about an individual school having a semi-finalist, that would be an accomplishment.

But you are talking about the whole region, that is a guarantee.

SintonFan
06-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey Phil C!
Which region has the best girls' sports?

Phil C
06-14-2004, 01:34 PM
That is a debatable question Sintonfan. All regions have produced good teams. I do feel that Wimberly who is in 3AAA region 4 probably had the best volleyball team in hs in 2003 regardless of class especially since they beat the 5A state champion who was also from region 4. It depends on the year too. I feel Wimberly may have had the best team in the country not just in Texas but there is no way to prove or disprove this.

JasperDog94
06-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Kountz wouldn't be called a simi-finalist since they won the championship. Gainesville would be a simi-finalist since that is the game that they lost. Greenwood would be a state finalist since they lost the championship game. Wouldn't that make Gainsville a finalist?

3afan
06-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
That is a debatable question Sintonfan. All regions have produced good teams. I do feel that Wimberly who is in 3AAA region 4 probably had the best volleyball team in hs in 2003 regardless of class especially since they beat the 5A state champion who was also from region 4. It depends on the year too. I feel Wimberly may have had the best team in the country not just in Texas but there is no way to prove or disprove this.

Wimberley is in 3A or AAA, but certainly not 3AAA unless they've moved to the Panhandle :hairpunk: :D :eek:

SintonFan
06-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thanks Phil!:)

KTJ
06-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Wouldn't that make Gainsville a finalist?

I think he's saying this:

Kountze - State Champs
Mid. Greenwood - State Finalist (or State Runner Ups)
Gainesville - State Semi-Finalist
CC West Oso - State Semi-Finalist.