View Full Version : My top five baseball rankings, post season

pakrat
06-12-2004, 06:24 PM
1. LaGrange
2. Lorena
3. Lufkin Hudson
4. Jasper
5. Forney
In an earlier post I said the championship game might well be the Lorena/LaGrange game. I think I was right. The score was 3-2 in 10 innings. It could have gone either way and I'm sorry it wasn't a 3 game series to settle who was really best. The rest I'm ranking by the common opponents. Jasper had closer scores in either game and just as many hits against Bailey as Forney did.

jason
06-12-2004, 06:27 PM
lol

Sans Couth
06-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by pakrat
1. LaGrange
2. Lorena
3. Lufkin Hudson
4. Jasper
5. Forney
In an earlier post I said the championship game might well be the Lorena/LaGrange game. I think I was right. The score was 3-2 in 10 innings. It could have gone either way and I'm sorry it wasn't a 3 game series to settle who was really best. The rest I'm ranking by the common opponents. Jasper had closer scores in either game and just as many hits against Bailey as Forney did.

LOL,

Now Forney fans get to get a taste of what Burnet fans have gone thru for the past couple of years. It will be interesting to see if they give the same Sears and Roebuck answer. "Forney was at the State Game...so Forney is number 2"

This is gonna be fun to watch.

jason
06-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
LOL,

Now Forney fans get to get a taste of what Burnet fans have gone thru for the past couple of years. It will be interesting to see if they give the same Sears and Roebuck answer. "Forney was at the State Game...so Forney is number 2"

This is gonna be fun to watch. i didnt see any of those other teams there, well besides la grange obviously, if you werent the best in ur region, then you're certainly not the best in the state...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pakrat
06-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by jason
i didnt see any of those other teams there, well besides la grange obviously, if you werent the best in ur region, then you're certainly not the best in the state...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
All in my lists were Region III except Forney. Since only one Region III team can advance, that doesn't mean the others that got elimenated by LaGrange were not just as good as or better than the winners from the other regions. There is no way you can say Forney is better than Lorena. Just look at the reasoning I stated. Llano made it to Austin also, but look at their performance against LaGrange's#2 pitcher. Just making it to Austin doesn't mean you are better than other teams that got beaten by the State Champion.

Sans Couth
06-12-2004, 07:06 PM
All in my lists were Region III except Forney. Since only one Region III team can advance, that doesn't mean the others that got elimenated by LaGrange were not just as good as or better than the winners from the other regions. There is no way you can say Forney is better than Lorena. Just look at the reasoning I stated. Llano made it to Austin also, but look at their performance against LaGrange's#2 pitcher. Just making it to Austin doesn't mean you are better than other teams that got beaten by the State Champion.

Then by the same logic, Region ll Football could say the same thing right?

pakrat
06-12-2004, 09:14 PM
In some years. Maybe even this past year.

Old Tiger
06-12-2004, 09:32 PM
1. La Grange
2. Forney
3. Perryton
4. Llano
5. Jasper

simple formula....take the 4 semi-finalist, top 4. state champ 1st, runnerup 2cd, then perryton 3rd cause they played a better game than llano, then llano cause they are a semi finalist. and Jasper because i know they are better than what they did against La Grange

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-12-2004, 09:47 PM
you know im quite sure im gonna get flamed for saying this, but if you look at who is actually there, in my book that is the final word and all that matters. but yea, go ahead, flame me think im an idiot, whatever.

pakrat
06-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
1. La Grange
2. Forney
3. Perryton
4. Llano
5. Jasper

simple formula....take the 4 semi-finalist, top 4. state champ 1st, runnerup 2cd, then perryton 3rd cause they played a better game than llano, then llano cause they are a semi finalist. and Jasper because i know they are better than what they did against La Grange
What do you do with Lorena?

Old Tiger
06-12-2004, 10:08 PM
you da man!!!:cool:

Pudlugger
06-12-2004, 10:41 PM
1. LaGrange
2. Lorena
3. Lufkin Hudson
4. Jasper
5. Forney

It was in 7 innings, not 10.

kaorder1999
06-12-2004, 11:48 PM

good question....it seems like when forney was trying to say that exact same thing in football they were called idiots by some people on this board....

vfunk
06-13-2004, 03:06 AM
man....a lot of region 3 people think every good team is from that region. We should do away with all the other regions.

3afan
06-13-2004, 07:51 AM
1. LaGrange
2. Lorena
3. Lufkin Hudson
4. Jasper
5. Forney

you need to get out more ......:rolleyes:

Chris Hart
06-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Yep, now the Forney people are getting a dose of what us Burnet people went through, but I look at it like this. Sure there were a few teams that gave LaGrange a closer contest than Forney did, BUT Forney DID make the championship game, just like Burnet did in football, and they ARE #2. Forney could've had an off game with mistakes/errors that cost them, just like the turnovers Burnet had against Gainesville in football. Lorena and Jasper had quality teams but they're not #2, Forney is. IMO:)

Old Tiger
06-13-2004, 01:29 PM
What do you do with Lorena? i don't like lorena :D