PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis 7on7 SQT Results

Old Tiger
06-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Rockdale won pool play defeating; Dripping Springs(4a), Round Rock Westwood(5a), and Bowie(5a)

Semi Finals:

Lake Travis 1
vs.
Cuero

Brady
vs.
Rockdale

Rockdale only lost to a tough Brady by 8 points, a team that beat ACM(45-26), Burnet(52-6), and Giddings(42-0). 2-3 Touchdowns were dropped by Rockdale in the near victory. It was a back and forth game till the end. Rockdale was driving the ball and Brady intercepted it.

1st - Brady
2cd - Lake Travis 1
3rd - Rockdale
4th - Cuero

Old Green
06-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the Update Old Tiger.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-12-2004, 07:48 PM
We missed you today Olddawggreen, where were you at, and what happened to Burnet?

Old Tiger
06-12-2004, 07:58 PM
my friend told me if ACM would of beat Brady, Burnet would of won the pool.

olddawggreen
06-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey guys, sorry I missed you, things were just kind of spread out more than I thought they would be. The only glimpse I had of Rockdale, was a pickup bed full of your guys heading down the hill. Congratulations on a great day!

As you know, Burnet beat A&M Consoladated and Giddings, but lost to Brady. Brady fields a really great 7 on 7 team and obviously had a good day. I was wondering, did anyone see how the McAllen team did? They definatly get the "Traveled the farthest from home" award.

Our next qualifing tournament will be Brownwood. Where do you guys go next?

Sans Couth
06-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Brady 52
Burnet 6?

Do you think maybe McGee and Shipley had anything to do with Burnet's success in last years passing game?:eek:

Gobbla2001
06-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Okay, how do these tourneys work? Are those the pool winners? How do you advance to state? I don't really understand these things yet...

olddawggreen
06-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Only the top 2 qualify for state, unless the 1st or 2nd, or both, have already qualified, then they are declared tournament winners, but the 3rd place team (or 4th if the 1st and 2nd have already q'd) moves up as a qualifing team for the state tournament.
If interested, you can see the rules at Dave Campbell's site, or the UIL. site.

Chris Hart
06-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Brady 52
Burnet 6?

Do you think maybe McGee and Shipley had anything to do with Burnet's success in last years passing game?:eek: McGee and Shipley had ALOT to do with Burnet's passing game. Our new QB James Parks is a decent passer, but his game is totally different than McGee's. Parks' game involves alot more rushing. I expect Burnet to still spread things out, but we'll see more running by both the RBs and the QB, and limited passing to keep the defense honest. I can't imagine the pressure that Parks is dealing with, coming in right after McGee. I hope he doesn't lose his confidence early, us Burnet fans can't expect him to be McGee, them guys come through once in a lifetime. We'll have to work for everything this year. If the boys don't show up ready to play each week, they'll get beat. I expect us to experience some growing pains, but I think Burnet will do just fine. Go Dawgs!

olddawggreen
06-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Brady 52
Burnet 6?

Do you think maybe McGee and Shipley had anything to do with Burnet's success in last years passing game?:eek:

Oh Sans, please pray for our poor little Burnet team. We are so lost that I dont think we will ever find our way out of the hills again. We will just have to take our weekly thrashing and stumble along our way as best we can. :( :( :D