PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to say that Forney....

vfunk
06-12-2004, 03:17 PM
has been the best 3A sports school in the last 5 or 6 years to not win a state championship? I am talking all around in all sports.

La Grange
06-12-2004, 03:28 PM
I whole heartidly agree :D .

jason
06-12-2004, 03:36 PM
there were some individual track titles and a mens 4x100 title or two...no team titles though...

kaorder1999
06-12-2004, 03:56 PM
yeah...i would have to agree...i still cant believe that they havent won a team title these past few years. its wild

Sans Couth
06-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I think it is safe to say that Forney is the 2nd place team in baseball, and that Burnet can't say much about it.:D

HighSchool Fan
06-12-2004, 04:34 PM
People can say what they want about Burnet, but Forney would beat them in football. Forney would of ran all over Burnet just like Gainesville did. Forney should be very proud of their sports teams this year. They represented their city very well. Good luck in 4a.

JasperDog94
06-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
People can say what they want about Burnet, but Forney would beat them in football. Forney would of ran all over Burnet just like Gainesville did. Forney should be very proud of their sports teams this year. They represented their city very well. Good luck in 4a. LOL...well, that's one opinion. But the arguement is all academic. We'll never know.

3afan
06-12-2004, 06:39 PM
wow - that came out of left field ... too bad we didnt see it happen, would have been a good one

olddawggreen
06-13-2004, 09:54 AM
People can say what they want about Burnet, but Forney would beat them in football. Forney would of ran all over Burnet just like Gainesville did. Forney should be very proud of their sports teams this year. They represented their city very well. Good luck in 4a.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Gobbla2001
06-13-2004, 09:55 AM
I'll agree, Forney was a household name 'round the state...

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-13-2004, 10:02 AM
id say they are one of the best programs hands down.

olddawggreen
06-13-2004, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
[B]People can say what they want about Burnet, but Forney would beat them in football. Forney would of ran all over Burnet just like Gainesville did.

Forney has an excelent athletic program, their coaching staff is one of the best in the state and they have tons of talent to draw on. Overall they have a history to be extreemly proud of, and I believe they will step up, and in time become a powerhouse in 4a, as they have been in 3a.

There are 2 teams that end up being finalist, only 1 can take the title, but the other team has the honor of having played at the final game. Its really hard to lose the big one, but they should be proud of the fact that they had a great year and were fortunate enough to hold the State Finalist slot. It doesn't matter who the teams are, what the boys deserve is the respect that is due them for the efforts and hard work they put in to get to the finals. What they dont deserve are remarks like those above.

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
[QUOTE][i] It doesn't matter who the teams are, what the boys deserve is the respect that is due them for the efforts and hard work they put in to get to the finals. What they dont deserve are remarks like those above.

I'm not saying that Burnet doesn't deserve respect, because they do. They had a heck of a year. My comment was to show how much respect that I have for the sports programs in Forney.

olddawggreen
06-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Supporting your team is great, but trying to do it at the expense of another teams accomplishments and reputation is not right. Had you said that you think, or I believe that Forney would run all over Burnet if they had played them, you would have clearly been stating your opinion and I would respect that. But stating it as you did, as it was a fact, I would have to say it was a cheap shot.

There may be those that think they had better baseball teams in their district or regions that could have beaten Forney this year, but the undeniable fact is, Forney finished as a State Finalist in 3a baseball in Texas this year. Forney, no one else. They earned the credit for doing it and that is a fact. As Burnet finished as a State Finalist in Div 1 3a football the last 2 years, and that is a fact. Give the boys their due.

Sans Couth
06-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Getting to play at the State game should be remembered for what it is. A trip to the state game. Which is a tremendous accomplishment. I don't believe in 2nd place period. Saying that one team is better than another team because of common opponents just does not work in a single elimination tournament. If that argument were valid, then every team that lost to Gainesville or Atlanta in the football playoffs last year could claim 2nd place. I looked up the records thru the playoffs last year and there were several games that were closer than the final two. This is why I don't believe in the term "2nd Place". Be proud that you were there, you won more games than 205 other teams did to get there.

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Supporting your team is great,

First off, Forney is not my team. I've never been to Forney. In my OPINION from watching both teams play Forney would of won the game. I have respect for what Burnet has done the last couple of years. If I offened anyone, that was not my intention. I apologize if I did. Again, I was just giving Forney some respect.

olddawggreen
06-13-2004, 05:39 PM
First off, Forney is not my team. I've never been to Forney. In my OPINION from watching both teams play Forney would of won the game. I have respect for what Burnet has done the last couple of years. If I offened anyone, that was not my intention. I apologize if I did. Again, I was just giving Forney some respect.

No problem Highschool Fan, have a great day.

olddawggreen
06-13-2004, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sans Couth
[B]Getting to play at the State game should be remembered for what it is. A trip to the state game. Which is a tremendous accomplishment. I don't believe in 2nd place period. Saying that one team is better than another team because of common opponents just does not work in a single elimination tournament. If that argument were valid, then every team that lost to Gainesville or Atlanta in the football playoffs last year could claim 2nd place. I looked up the records thru the playoffs last year and there were several games that were closer than the final two. This is why I don't believe in the term "2nd Place". Be proud that you were there, you won more games than 205 other teams did to get there.

Sans, as you probably know, I am very proud that my team made it to the final game the last couple of years. It was truely an honor and a priviledge to be there. When I refered to Burnet finishing "2nd" the last couple of years I am mearly refering to the fact that they won enough games and beat enough oponents to get to the final game, as Forney did in baseball. One will never know what other teams were better or could have beaten the teams that lost the final game, because the other teams didnt win enough games to make it to the final game to find out.

For some one to jump up and say, this team or that team could have beaten the finalist that lost, because this team or that team lost to the winning finalist by less points is crazy, I respect that everyone is welcome to their opinion. But you have to play the game to claim the win.

Actually, I guess the term "2nd" is not really not the proper term to use when referring to the team that loses the final game, ( Ive actually changed my previous post to reflect my thoughts on this) correct me if Im wrong, and I may be, but I think the Trophy that the losing team takes home after the final game says State Finalist. One thing I know for sure is that it is a very long trip home when your carrying the State Finalist Trophy. :( :(

Old Tiger
06-13-2004, 06:44 PM
i believe you are correct

Pudlugger
06-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Yes, it is made out of Kriptonite. Just ask the 2001 LG football team.:(

20dawgz05
06-13-2004, 10:32 PM
well... i for one do have a lot of respect for Forney, i guess, haha j/k... yall have a great program... now as a student at Burnet if yall were to be playin us i would be going for well Burnet, DUH!!! but just for the record i had a $1 bet on yall fot the baseball game (thats all the $$ i had haha) sooo seee Burnet respects yall!! so yall should respect us!!!.... no more of those low blows, alright, that game still makes me cry!!!!!:( :D ;) :D ;)