congrats

LG 10
F 4

kaorder1999
06-12-2004, 11:36 AM
good job Lagrange....good luck to you seniors

Rabbit'93
06-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Great game until the LG bats took over. Congrats on a great season to the leps.

kaorder1999
06-12-2004, 11:40 AM
two state championships in baseball in the last few years and one football state championship...not too bad....hehe

pirate4state
06-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Congrats to La Grange and their fans! Congrats also to Forney and their fans for a FINE season! Good luck in 4A next year and beyond. :clap:

PhiI C
06-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Congratulations to La Grange on the State Championship. Good luck to Forney in 4A. You may not have got that state championship Forney but it was a great ride for you and your fans. A lot of teams would love to trade places with you in your sucesses.

kaorder1999
06-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Congratulations to La Grange on the State Championship. Good luck to Forney in 4A. You may not have got that state championship Forney but it was a great ride for you and your fans. A lot of teams would love to trade places with you in your sucesses.
i agree....there are a lot of teams that wish they had the chance to play in at least one state championship game

j_dog
06-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Congratulations to La Grange! :) And thanks for making Region III look good. :)

Old Cardinal
06-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Congratulations to La Grange....What a tough battle to get there...You were just great especially in total dominance in your last two games this year. Best of luck in the future to each of you....

SintonFan
06-12-2004, 12:11 PM
La Grange congratulations on your State title! Go Leps!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Forney congratulations on a great season. You guys have shown many times that you deserve to be among the great programs in Texas regardless of classification.:clap: :clap: :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
06-12-2004, 12:32 PM
The fans of Region IV would like to say
GO LEPS GO
on your capturing of a state title...

(sinton fans know what that little add is from if they listen to the games on the radio)

kaorder1999
06-12-2004, 01:19 PM
is this the same lagrange coach they had when they won the title last time?

cdlvj
06-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Congratulations LG on job well done! You stayed the course the entire way.

Is this the 2nd or 3rd Baseball title, can't remember but seems as though 1st came in early 70's.
Do know that there have been the two football titles.

Again, Well done.

La Grange
06-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Coach Ferguson has been the coach for LG for awhile now, and he has had outstanding success. This is his last year of coaching baseball, but he will still teach Algebra I and II next year.

This is our 2nd title in 4 years, and 3rd overall. LG has had many state finals and semi-final appearances, but they have only taken home the crown 3 times.

Old Green
06-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Congrats LaGrange on winning the Title.

jason
06-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Congratulations to La Grange....What a tough battle to get there...You were just great especially in total dominance in your last two games this year. Best of luck in the future to each of you.... i dont think 'dominance in the last two' is the right way to say it, they did dominate llano, but forney gave them a closer game than i bet anyone has in a while...the game was a toss up until the la grange bats started showing up, and the forney picthing (or lack thereof) kicked in...it was a fun game to watch, lots of hits and runs...i just wish they score would have swung our way...

Congrats La Grange

kaorder1999
06-12-2004, 02:26 PM
i agree jason....forney kept it close until forney's pitching gave in

kaorder1999
06-12-2004, 02:27 PM
i just wish brandon hewitt would have made it throughout the season without injury

La Grange
06-12-2004, 02:52 PM
I am going to post my observations about Forney, so that Old Cardinal can have another opponent :D .

Forney had the best infield in 3a this year hands down, in my opinion they were even better than LG's. I can see Forney's bats being close behind Lorena's and LG's, which makes them better than Bridge City :D . If Forney had to play Bridge City I am pretty sure it could possibly be a run rule in Forney's favor. Forney had a great team this year, and they deserve to be the number 2 team in the state. And all of this region III stuff? La Grange is about 5 miles away from being a region IV team. Weimar, Shiner, and Moody are a short list of teams in region IV with great playoff experience.

So really Old Cardinal what I am trying to say is, "Cut the Crap" :D .

vfunk
06-12-2004, 03:15 PM
no no...OC said that there are 10 Region 3 teams that would "smother" Forney. So it must be true! Of course....he must have missed where I asked him to list those teams....twice. Its easy to talk a bunch a crap Card...but another thing to back it up. What has BC done lately....in ANY sport besides be mediocre at best! So go back to your hole and dream of next year....just like you did last year.

JasperDog94
06-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by jason
i dont think 'dominance in the last two' is the right way to say it, they did dominate llano, but forney gave them a closer game than i bet anyone has in a while...
Lorena 2
LG 3

Jasper 6
LG 8

There are two games that were lots closer than the Forney game.

Old Cardinal
06-12-2004, 08:25 PM
To the poster from LaGrange...I don't think you can discount the other teams from Region III so easily. True you were the only one to get to play Forney, an above average team from a long standing weak District and Region.
The facts are Hardin Jefferson gave you a 5-2 game, a third place district team. You beat Barbers Hill 10-5. Lorena 3-2, You lost to Lufkin 0-2 in one game and beat them 5-2 in the other. You beat Jasper 5-1 and 8-6......Well since they all played you better games than Forney; that does not give you the right to say Forney was better than those that crowded you, that you were sometime very lucky to beat... There is a lot of luck in getting out of Region III, not to say you did not do a good job of it. I personally think that Lorena was the best team, Lufkin Hudson was the second best team and you and Jasper were about alike...I congradulate you on the State Championship but think these teams were slightly better than LaGrange this year...again luck has a lot to do with it....Congratulations on your easy run in the State Tournament, but to proclaim the final game was superior to the others just does not stand up to the facts.!

3afan2K3
06-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by vfunk
no no...OC said that there are 10 Region 3 teams that would "smother" Forney. So it must be true! Of course....he must have missed where I asked him to list those teams....twice. Its easy to talk a bunch a crap Card...but another thing to back it up. What has BC done lately....in ANY sport besides be mediocre at best! So go back to your hole and dream of next year....just like you did last year.
I too am waiting for this list

3afan2K3
06-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know what was Homer doing during his little 5 minute break when he went in the dugout in the middle of an inning?

Old Tiger
06-12-2004, 09:33 PM
congrats

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-12-2004, 09:41 PM
congrats. to both teams on outstanding seasons.

BrahmaMom
06-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Congrats to both teams on a job well done! La Grange, you've represented Region III well, congratulations on an earned state title. Those don't just happen, there is a lot of hard work and talent and dedication involved. Best of luck to the seniors on the team for giving your school and town another wonderful season to remember. To the returners, February will be here before you know it!

KTJ
06-12-2004, 10:24 PM
congrats!

Pudlugger
06-12-2004, 10:38 PM
To the poster from LaGrange...I don't think you can discount the other teams from Region III so easily. True you were the only one to get to play Forney, an above average team from a long standing weak District and Region.
The facts are Hardin Jefferson gave you a 5-2 game, a third place district team. You beat Barbers Hill 10-5. Lorena 3-2, You lost to Lufkin 0-2 in one game and beat them 5-2 in the other. You beat Jasper 5-1 and 8-6......Well since they all played you better games than Forney; that does not give you the right to say Forney was better than those that crowded you, that you were sometime very lucky to beat... There is a lot of luck in getting out of Region III, not to say you did not do a good job of it. I personally think that Lorena was the best team, Lufkin Hudson was the second best team and you and Jasper were about alike...I congradulate you on the State Championship but think these teams were slightly better than LaGrange this year...again luck has a lot to do with it....Congratulations on your easy run in the State Tournament, but to proclaim the final game was superior to the others just does not stand up to the facts.!

La Grange did not play Lufkin. Their only loss was to 5A Leander in a practice game 1-3. I think Lorena was the best team LG faced in the playoffs and they won that one heads up both teams pitching their aces and no errors or controversial calls either side. That leaves no doubt which team was better.

R3 was very tough, no doubt, but R2 and R1 were tough as well.Forney was a very strong ball club with no real weaknesses, they just ran into LG in a tight game and the Leps hit a little better. R4 was not as conpetetive this year in 3a, I'll grant you that.:thinking:

SintonFan
06-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Look the talk of second best, third best, fourth best and what not is just that. Talk.
What cannot be denied is La Grange beat Forney in the title game. IMHO La Grange is the champs and Forney is number two. I think this in undeniable! I read a CCCT piece about how the state tournament games change teams' routines. The best team handles some of these changes the best. Period. We need to let La Grange enjoy their title and Forney accept what happened.
Jeez, Forney HAS been in BIG, HUGE games the last several years, especially football and baseball. It must be maddening to come up short many times. I understand the loss in a title game. Everman was the classiest folks that I have ever seen. What they did was forever etch in my and many Sintonites' mind what they really were.
A great, classy winner! Please allow La Grange to be a true winner and Forney to take their loss with grace...:)

aamove
06-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Congratulations to LaGrange on your State Championship........and to Forney on another great year.

Old Cardinal
06-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Sorry Pudlugger; Lufkin Hudson not Lufkin in the playoff bracket...

Pudlugger
06-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Sorry Pudlugger; Lufkin Hudson not Lufkin in the playoff bracket...

Hudson did not play LG, they played Lorena in the second round while LG played Barbers Hill. Check the UIL Brackets if you don't believe me. LG's only loss was to 5a Leander 1-3 in their bye week, as a warm-up game.

La Grange Leps:
33-1
State Champions

olddawggreen
06-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Congratulations to La Grange on your state title, you had an awsome team and your hard work paid off.

Crogratulations to Forney, you too had an awsome team and a really great season. As youve shown before, you will be back. Good luck next year in 4A.

Old Cardinal
06-13-2004, 10:36 AM
You are right Pudlugger, my mistake!

LepsFan
06-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by La Grange

This is our 2nd title in 4 years, and 3rd overall. LG has had many state finals and semi-final appearances, but they have only taken home the crown 3 times. [/B]

Actually, La Grange has only appeared 3 times (1987, 2001, 2004) in the state baseball tournament in the last 20 years. Prior to 1985, I know of only one other appearance, 1973.

La Grange beat Brenham for state in 1973.
Hooks over La Grange in a state semi-final loss in 1987.
La Grange beat Forney for state in 2001 and 2004.

Clearly, La Grange has done very well with their 4 trips to Austin. :)

pakrat
06-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by LepsFan
La Grange beat Brenham for state in 1973.
Hooks over La Grange in a state semi-final loss in 1987.
La Grange beat Forney for state in 2001 and 2004.

Clearly, La Grange has done very well with their 4 trips to Austin. :)

Didn't realize it was Forney LaGrange beat in '01. Hey! it was Forney's time to win. You LaGrange Leps are just too greedy:D :D
But seriously, you guys deserve the state championship and I wish Forney the best of competition in 4A. You have fine athletes and compete well in all sports and you will make your mark in 4A.

Bull's-eye
06-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Congratulations!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I got to meet some of the players, dads and fans at their tournament and the Weimar tournament. They are a class act and a great group of people. I thought Bellville had them beat, but LG battled back and won in extra innings. Way to go Leps!!

cdlvj
06-18-2004, 08:28 AM
for La Grange 2 in baseball and 1 in football have been wins over Forney.

Looks like they have Forney's number.

kaorder1999
06-18-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by cdlvj
for La Grange 2 in baseball and 1 in football have been wins over Forney.

Looks like they have Forney's number.

id have to say so...

XMan
06-18-2004, 03:30 PM
I did some homework, which some of you did not do before posting. LaGrange has one of the most storied histories of all teams in 3a baseball. LG has been to the tourney 7 times, winning 3 championships. They won it in '73 as a 3A team which is actually todays equivalent of 4a. In those years the classification system ran from class B to 4A. Before 1979 there was no baseball championship for classes B, A, or AA. Thankfully, some foresighted coaches banned together and changed that, but that is another story. LG then won as a 2A in 1979 and went back in '80 as the runner up. They were runners up again in 83 and lost in the semis in 87 as a 3a team. They then won in 2001 and 2004 to make 7 appearances and 3 titles. If i am not mistaken that is the most appearances by any current 3A member. Now i have 1 question, Who has LG named as coach next year? one of the assistants or someone else????

1973 3A champs over Brenham
1979 2A semi finalists
1980 runners up to Linden Kildare
1983 runners up to Kenedy
1987 semi finalists
2001 3A Champs over the Forney Gators
2004 3A Champs over the Forney Gators

XMan
06-18-2004, 03:34 PM
i typed something wrong. in 1979, first year everyone had a state champ, LG went to the tournament but lost in the semis. In the top portion i mistakenly said they won it.

3afan2K3
06-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by XMan
i typed something wrong. in 1979, first year everyone had a state champ, LG went to the tournament but lost in the semis. In the top portion i mistakenly said they won it.
Just edit your post, and if you are gonna try and make a joke atleast say it right

XMan
06-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Why would this be a joking matter, im stating when they went to the state tournament and how they fared.

3afan2K3
06-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Why would this be a joking matter, im stating when they went to the state tournament and how they fared.

2001 3A Champs over the Forney Gators
2004 3A Champs over the Forney Gators

^^^^^

XMan
06-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Oops, i should have done even more research. I see now that Forney is the Jackrabbits, not the Gators. I believe Gators are much more fierce and therefore would be a better mascot, especially since you guys are heading to 4A.

Rabbit'93
06-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Har Har Har....Whew ... that's a good one. You must be new, right?

3afan2K3
06-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Har Har Har....Whew ... that's a good one. You must be new, right?
Yep hes just a scrub:D