PDA

View Full Version : Navasota snake pit?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Tell us a little about the pit, if you have been there and you are not from Navasota. I here it is one of the oldest stadiums in Texas, and it looks like it. Is the field, and the stands as bad as people tell us? If so you would think the UIL would do somthing about this! Give us some insight and what to expect, do I need to update my insurance that covers out of date bleachers? eek!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-13-2003, 04:14 PM
Come on, someboby out there has been?

Pudlugger
10-13-2003, 05:28 PM
From what I heard it is not the age or condition of the bleachers but the homer refs and noise from the crowd down close to the field that makes it tough on the visiting team. It is the same thing at Elgin and Gonzales. Both fields have no track and the fans are right on the sidelines. I don't know about the Refs, maybe it is an unconscious thing or intimidation thing, but there is a real home team bias in Elgin and Gonzales (and maybe Manor too judging from only one trip there) and I have heard in Navasota as well. Good luck, but plan on scoring three extra tds if you want to win 'cause I'll bet one will be taken away on holding and Navasota will get one on "pass interference" that they don't deserve. :mad:

Speed24
10-13-2003, 06:20 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Tell us a little about the pit, if you have been there and you are not from Navasota. I here it is one of the oldest stadiums in Texas, and it looks like it. Is the field, and the stands as bad as people tell us? If so you would think the UIL would do somthing about this! Give us some insight and what to expect, do I need to update my insurance that covers out of date bleachers? eek! OMG this place is different, I know its a very dark field (poor lights) but that was last year maybe they got new ones. Visitor stands are very very steep. Good luck Brahmas hopefully ya'll blow them out so they're slightly scared when they play us.. Good Luck

whtfbplaya
10-13-2003, 06:50 PM
The visitor stands are small and very steep. The dressing room is not bad but it is a hike to the field up and down stairs. The playing surface was not bad last year, but they were right about bad lighting.

texcaj
10-13-2003, 07:32 PM
They have installed new aluminum visitor stands and the field is in great shape, as of now. If it rains from now till Friday it might be another story. And give it up with the referee stuff...I mean that's why teams play home and away! Get over it, it has happened to the Rattlers all year on the road. The "hike" down the stairs from the dressing room is one of the cool things about playing at the pit, it is a tradition to walk down into that field. At least we have dressing rooms, unlike Elgin (old wt room, had to wait for them to get out of the shower so we could), Wharton (about the size of a public restroom), and Hempstead (the junior high a half mile away).

Strike Fast
10-13-2003, 08:35 PM
I have to agree with TexCaj. The "SnakePit" is a small town stadium with great Texas football atmosphere.
New visitor stand have been installed for this year and new lights have also been installed. The sound system has also been updated for this football season.

I also have to agree that walking down those rock steps to the field is a great feeling right before a big game....

It should be a great game!

punt
10-13-2003, 08:55 PM
It's a good little hike at Bellville also. I see Hempstead is starting a new field house right by the field. Since Navasota got new visitor bleachers and new lights it shouldn't be too bad, its just all down in a hole but the field isn't bad.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Sounds like Navasota spent some money, good to hear about all the new additions. Did they install new poles and lights, or just lights on the old poles? Did they just cover the old bleachers in allumium, or did they build a all new stucture. If so are the new visitors stands bigger than the old?

the tigers are back
10-14-2003, 02:05 AM
I guess the brahmas are going to play the football stadium instead of the players,but if i was you'll i wouldn't be concern about the field and the lights. :mad:

BrahmaMom
10-14-2003, 07:44 AM
Nope, the Brahmas are definitely gonna play the Rattlers, the FANS are worried about their comfort when we come out en masse to cheer our Bulls on. No confusing the two entities: the Brahmas are the ones who hit hard, run fast, kick it over and execute passes and plays. The fans are the ones that are loud (except when you hear those hard hits). My prediction (get ready Brahma22): The Brahmas are going to show up to play their best game of the season. The fans are going to show up in all their supportive glory. Give me another day or two to predict the outcome, although I feel a win coming our way.

fullhouse
10-14-2003, 10:03 AM
I'll go with the Brahmas on this one ~ Go Big Red! The snake pit was a nightmare for us last year. I hope you have a dry field. The poor lighting and steep concrete bleachers stand out in my mind ~ it was horrible. I liked being that close to the field though (just wish it would have been a better game to watch!). This ought to be a heck of a game ~ both teams are awesome.

cunbed10
10-14-2003, 11:42 AM
I may be at this game, because Marlin is playing Troy, and I don't think that will be much of a match.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Tigers are back, no one ask for your smart oppinion, :mad: some have never been to the Navasota field, and wanted to know a little about it.
Your time is coming soon, Nov. 7, and we welcome you to (The Pasture of Pain). :mad:
Go Bellville Beat the Rattlers, in the Snake pit!!!