PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone answer this question?

Kool Tarpon 21
12-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Does it matter how you begin or how you end your season?

bulldogvet85
12-11-2003, 02:30 PM
I dont think it really matters how you begin your season. the only thing I think that matters on how you begin your season as far as a win is that its a moral booster. It gets things going. As far as how you end your season of course you wanna end with a state championship but that always doesnt happen I think if you make it to the playoffs and get knocked out then you had a great season and there is nothing to be upset about. but if you dont I think that its important to try and end the season on a good note and try to atleast win your last game of the year. but that cant always happen to so thats just my thoughts hopefully that answers your question if not. explain it to me and i might be able to give you a better answer

BULLDOGFAN
12-11-2003, 03:39 PM
All that matters is how you end the season. the ring is all that matters. Period.

BulldogGrl64
12-11-2003, 03:45 PM
I think it's how you end the season that counts because not every team that starts off strong ends strong, and not every team that starts off weak ends weak. No one wants to end their season on a weak note or with a loss. Whether or not you make it to the playoffs, you want to be able to look back at your season and be proud of how you played and how you went out of your season whether it be pre-playoffs, during playoffs, or state. Not every team has what it takes to go to playoffs and win state, but every team has what it takes to play their best and finish strong no matter what their ranking/standings are.

PPHSfan
12-11-2003, 05:19 PM
94 of the 96 teams that make the playoffs end their season with a loss.

Bandera YaYa
12-11-2003, 05:29 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
All that matters is how you end the season. the ring is all that matters. Period....and speaking of those rings!!!!Sure will be good to see them all together again at the "reunion" next week....counting the days!!
Can't wait to talk to all of them and see how life is treating them....It's sure to be a blast....the YaYa's are resting up so that we can make a real night of it!! eek! eek! Can you believe it's almost been a year since we won State???
Seems just like last month.....I still get the jeebies when I think about it!! Sure have been missing all the fun we had.....gues we'll have to catch up on it at the party!! See you then!!

<small>[ December 11, 2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

TARPON DAD
12-11-2003, 10:21 PM
MISA IT DOESENT MATTER .
YOU GOT TO BE PROUD TO BE WHO YOU ARE .
WIN OR LOSE ,YOU GOT TO GIVE IT YOUR ALL ON AND,
OFF THE FIELD AND ALWAYS KNOW THAT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS YOU AT LEAST TRIED YOUR BEST AND THAT IS WHAT COUNTS!
YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU AND THE REST OF THE TARPON PLAYERS HAVE DONE ,EVERY YEAR YOUVE GOTTEN BETTER THAN THE LAST YEAR ,AND YOUR STILL IN THE FIGHT FOR A CHANCE TO BE A STATE CHAMPION.
WHAT ELSE COULD YOU ASK FOR ?
IVE ALWAYS TOLD YOU IT TAKES HARD WORK!,
AND DEDICATION.BUT MOST OF ALL HEART.
GRAB THAT BRASS RING! DONT LET GO!
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE NOT MINE ,
IM JUST PROUD TO BE PART OF YOUR LIFE.
SATURDAY IS YOUR DAY TO SHINE ,AND DO WHAT MANY
NEVER GET A CHANCE TO DO!!!
WELL BE THERE FOR YOU AND THE REST OF THE TARPONS
ON SATURDAY TO CHEER YOU ALL ON TO VICTORY!!!

TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!! STATE! eek!

ONE TEAM ONE GOAL! :D

GO TARPONS GO! :D

kaorder1999
12-11-2003, 11:14 PM
i think it matters how you end the season...if you go 5-0 at the beginning of the year and then lost 3 of your last 5 games I dont see it as a very good thing. The main thing is that you get better as the year goes on. If you are better at the end of the season then you were at the beginning then you are taking steps towards being a pretty good team. The only problem is that some teams have to get MUCH better to become good teams! HEHE

husker_football_fan
12-11-2003, 11:20 PM
The season doesnt matter much at all, as long as you get in the play-offs who cares what your record is. A 3-7 team can send a 10-0 team home just as fast. The play-offs is its own season, you have to start and finish it well to be great.

kaorder1999
12-11-2003, 11:21 PM
a agree

SintonFan
12-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Kool Tarpon 21:
Does it matter how you begin or how you end your season?.
The ones who begin the season winning sometimes do well...
The ones who end the season winning do great.
I wouldn't worry about. I've already seen one of the greatest HS football games ever this season.
You guys will be fine. You have a very special team there. There will be a huge crowd rooting yall on. :cool:

kaorder1999
12-11-2003, 11:29 PM
SintonFan:

Kool Tarpon 21:
Does it matter how you begin or how you end your season?.
The ones who begin the season winning sometimes do well...
The ones who end the season winning do great.
I wouldn't worry about. I've already seen one of the greatest HS football games ever this season.
You guys will be fine. You have a very special team there. There will be a huge crowd rooting yall on. :cool: i havnt seen them play

SintonFan
12-11-2003, 11:40 PM
They were better than I gave them credit for, kaorder1999. I thought they were good to begin with IMHO. :cool:
This will be a good game, count on it. wink

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Kool Tarpon 21:
Does it matter how you begin or how you end your season?Honestly, I don't think either matters. What should matter is that at the end of the season, you and your team are playing better than at the start of the season. Even if your team is 0-10 at the end, if you're playing better AND you learned things along the way, then you have accomplished much.

Good luck in your game Saturday.