PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Ranger mom...

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 10:10 PM
me and dad got into a fight and he said im not going to the meet and greet and that he may take the computer away from me for awhile!

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Well Byron...looks like you have a month of sucking up to do!!

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Just got my punishment... no going to the meet and greet and he is taking my car away from me for 3 weeks!!!

kaorder1999
06-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Just got my punishment... no going to the meet and greet and he is taking my car away from me for 3 weeks!!!

now that sucks

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Dang Dude!! What in the heck did you do??

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 10:24 PM
well he told me to go cutt the grass i told him there is water all over the yard ima cutt it when it goes down some cus it would be stupid to have some parts of the yard cutt and some parts still tall and then he said that i was callin him stupid then i made the biggest mistake i told him if he wanted it cutt so bad he should go cutt his self. and he started fussin at me i told him i dont care hehe and i was talkin to bubbles about it ahd he was said i dont give a **** about you telling your friends about this they cant do **** to me...

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Was it worth it???

(I know, I know...the mom is coming out in me!!)

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Was it worth it???

(I know, I know...the mom is coming out in me!!)
YEP!!!!!!

Pudlugger
06-11-2004, 10:29 PM
well he told me to go cutt the grass i told him there is water all over the yard ima cutt it when it goes down some cus it would be stupid to have some parts of the yard cutt and some parts still tall and then he said that i was callin him stupid then i made the biggest mistake i told him if he wanted it cutt so bad he should go cutt his self. and he started fussin at me i told him i dont care hehe and i was talkin to bubbles about it ahd he was said i dont give a **** about you telling your friends about this they cant do **** to me...

Look Marlin fan your dad probably just had a real tough day. Give him some slack. IF HE ASKS YOU TO MOW THE LAWN IN THE RAIN JUST DO IT. iN 20 YEARS YOU WILL SMILE WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT. nOW GO MAKE UP TO HIM. OPPS CAP LOCK ON AGAIN...DANG! Oh well.;)

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 10:32 PM
YEP!!!!!!

You say YEP right now cause that's your anger speaking....tomorrow it will be a different story.

Believe me, I've been there and done that....I finally learned that no matter how much I whined, griped, complained and smarted off....I was still the kid and they were still the parents and they ultimately always WON!!

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 10:37 PM
yeah i guess so but by time it i get ready to cutt the grass left over itll be time to cutt the whole yard over again!!! so i should have told him he was being stupid!!!!

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 10:41 PM
You should NEVER tell your parents they are being stupid, whether you think so or not!!

My kids would be in trouble too if they said that to my face!

They can think whatever they want, they just better watch what they say.....I am my parents all over again...."because I said so, that's why" is a quote I hated and one I use all the time!!

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 10:46 PM
i didnt tell him that to his face he's the one that said i was callin him stupid just said i should have agreed with him.

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 10:49 PM
You inferred that his "idea" was stupid....therefore calling him stupid for having that idea.

You know me well enough to know that I am a pretty laid back mom, but there is a line that my kids know NOT to cross!!

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 10:54 PM
yeah i get ur point but i still dont think i was wrong.

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 10:58 PM
yeah i get ur point but i still dont think i was wrong.

Of course you don't....you're 17!!:D

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 11:03 PM
haha could but no i dont think so:D im sure we'll be back to talkin in about a week...

SintonFan
06-11-2004, 11:11 PM
marlinfan, as a fairly, almost young, still imature young-ish male. Just understand this...
Yeah the lawn needs to be mowed now. Go and do what your dad wants you to do. I was 19 when I really "got" my dad AND mom. My mom won't be here for very long and I'm a 34 father of two. I now snap to her every whim. I love my parents and appreciate what they have done for me. Thank GOD you live in the USA. My goodness listen to me, and I do realize you are your own person, but 'living under their roof' does mean they are responsible for you, feed you and do things you might not now realize just how hard it is for them to do and take for granted. Trust me, I understand both sides. The more responsibility you shoulder the more freedoms you will have. :) :) :)
I know I took a risk on not "being cool"(like I ever was, LOL) but this experience will come to pass. This ultimately is your decision but ALWAYS respect your parents.

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
marlinfan, as a fairly, almost young, still imature young-ish male. Just understand this...
Yeah the lawn needs to be mowed now. Go and do what your dad wants you to do. I was 19 when I really "got" my dad AND mom. My mom won't be here for very long and I'm a 34 father of two. I now snap to her every whim. I love my parents and appreciate what they have done for me. Thank GOD you live in the USA. My listen to me and I realize you are your own person but 'living under their roof' does mean they are responsible for you, feed you and do things you might now realize just hard it is for them to do and take for granted. Trust me, I understand both sides. The more responsibility you shoulder the more freedoms you will have. :) :) :)
I know I took a risk on not "being cool"(like I ever was, LOL) but this experience will come to pass. This ultimately is your decision but ALWAYS respect your parents.

:clap: :clap: That was beautiful...simply beautiful!:clap: :clap:

P.S. you are cool to me!!:cool:

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 11:18 PM
yeah i now realize that i was wrong... i will cutt the grass tomorrow

Sans Couth
06-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Which is harder to mow?

Grass that is 6 inches high, or grass that is 12 inches high?

If half of the yard is 6 inches high and the other half is 12 inches high, could you mow it faster than if the whole yard were 12 inches high?

Which is a better deal for you. Showing your dad how stupid he is and walking for three weeks? Or doing as your told, and driving around town, while you have your dad's respect?

YEP, you made the right choice junior. Way to go.

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 11:28 PM
i just cutt the grass a few days before it rained and the grass isnt that tall yet it just started growing and besides it wouldnt take but a bout 1 or 2 more days for the water to dryed up to where i could cutt it and i really dont go anywhere in mar car cus it dont have AC i mostly get rides with friends.

Sans Couth
06-11-2004, 11:30 PM
i just cutt the grass a few days before it rained and the grass isnt that tall yet it just started growing

I am not talking about how tall it is now. I am talking about how tall it will be when you mow it again. But you will have plenty of time to think about it while you are out WALKING around.:D

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
But you will have plenty of time to think about it while you are out WALKING around.:D

Most likely behind the mower!!;)

kaorder1999
06-11-2004, 11:33 PM
very true

SintonFan
06-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Which is harder to mow?

Grass that is 6 inches high, or grass that is 12 inches high?

If half of the yard is 6 inches high and the other half is 12 inches high, could you mow it faster than if the whole yard were 12 inches high?

Which is a better deal for you. Showing your dad how stupid he is and walking for three weeks? Or doing as your told, and driving around town, while you have your dad's respect?

YEP, you made the right choice junior. Way to go.
Thanks RM!
Sans this is 'priceless' too.
marlinfan, I'm sorry for the talk but I am just now understanding what they did for me. Goodness, my children take alot of time. Good luck and I hope to see you at INKS!:cool: :cool: :cool:
Goodness.. I didn't realize how butchered my talk was! I'm supposed to be good with words...:rolleyes:

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 11:34 PM
hehe no sire now that my car is takin away from me i can ride in a car with AC hehe so it really doesnt hurt me the only thing that hurt me is not getting to go to the meet and greet

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 11:35 PM
So I will ask you my question again......was it worth it??

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So I will ask you my question again......was it worth it?? uhm yes and no

Sans Couth
06-11-2004, 11:39 PM
uhm yes and no

LOL,

Where in the world does the yes part come from? Please tell us what positive thing you accomplished?

SintonFan
06-11-2004, 11:39 PM
hehe no sire now that my car is takin away from me i can ride in a car with AC hehe so it really doesnt hurt me the only thing that hurt me is not getting to go to the meet and greet
As far away as the meet and great is....
nothing is set in conrete, I'm sure.;)

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 11:43 PM
LOL,

Where in the world does the yes part come from? Please tell us what positive thing you accomplished?

well i really dont go anywhere if i do i mostly be with friends and we go in their car cus i dont have Any AC in may car and plus i dont have to spend money on gas thats the good part the bad part is that i dont get to go to the meet and greet

Sans Couth
06-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Well if you really believe that losing the car for 3 weeks is a good thing. Then maybe you should just sell it and use the money to hire a gardener.:D

marlin fan
06-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Well if you really believe that losing the car for 3 weeks is a good thing. Then maybe you should just sell it and use the money to hire a gardener.:D

naw i would get the money and buy me a better used car cus this car is really messed up!!!

Ranger Mom
06-11-2004, 11:55 PM
naw i would get the money and buy me a better used car cus this car is really messed up!!!

So that one can be taken away from you next time you mouth off?? Have I not taught you ANYTHING???

Sans Couth
06-12-2004, 12:01 AM
I think your daddy needs to give you back your car, and just give you a good whippin.

I will give you a real good reason to do what your dad tells you.

Because he is bigger than you and he told you so. And if he is not bigger than you, you should stand by his side and protect him from bullies and unruly children, such as yourself.:p

marlin fan
06-12-2004, 12:08 AM
I think your daddy needs to give you back your car, and just give you a good whippin.

I will give you a real good reason to do what your dad tells you.

Because he is bigger than you and he told you so. And if he is not bigger than you, you should stand by his side and protect him from bullies and unruly children, such as yourself.:p
LOL im not a bully uhn no id rather have my car takin away from me lol have you ever gotten a whippin bye a black person lol man those are not fun they hurt like hell and he wouldnt whip me he would fight me just like i was a man just like him!! I love my mom and dad to death this is just something that happens with partents and children!!

Hupernikomen
06-12-2004, 01:43 AM
I am sorry marlin fan but fighting with you parent, or anyone for that matter, is not something that just happens. I have learned a valuable lesson or two in my 33 years and one of them is when someone in authority tells you to do something you say: "yes sir" or "yes ma'am" and you do it. Rarely will you have a good reason to refuse to do what your superior ask you to do. Now if you are opposed to doing what they asked for GOOD CAUSE (religious or otherwise) then you should rationally object my discussing the issue, not by throwing around insults or words of anger. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a relationship with your father where you could discuss things freely and openly without hard feelings or a sense of being talked down too. Don't think that fighting is something that is just going to happen. Disagreements will come, but the way we handle those disagreements are what shows our character.

P.S. Just my take on the situation. If I sound like a preacher it is because I am. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Wow, if I told MY dad he was stupid or inferred it in any way, I would probably be getting my head slapped back on straight. I have to look him in the eye and listen to what he says, and what he says is final, there is no questioning of his decision. I know where you're coming from Byron, and I know that you don't like it, and I know I don't like it when my dad comes down on me. It's just something that we have to deal with, we take our lickings and move on. Go out and mow the yard when he tells you to, or do anything else he wants you to. You can't lose sight of what he does for you, and it's disrespectful for you not obey him and do what he asks you to do. Our parents sacrifice a lot for us, and would die for us, and we have to repay them any way we can, even if the idea is ridiculous. The best thing you can do is sit down and look the man in the eye and told him that you were wrong and go out and mow the yard. If he's anything like my dad, he'll cool down if you do that in a few days.

marlin fan
06-13-2004, 12:57 AM
he slapped me right across my mouth!!! that $tuff hurted for a long time.

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2004, 06:54 AM
In life you have choices. Just remember that all choices has consequences. Before you act on anything, always ask yourself 'What are the consequences going to be?' If you think the consequences will come in the form of punishment, then you probably shouldn't it.

One last thing, you have to give respect before you can recieve respect.