PDA

View Full Version : Llano-LaGrange updates

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Middle of the 1st 0-0. LaGrange has already had an at bat. The commentators said it was an interesting half of an inning, but didn't elaborate. Llano is now batting. I won't be able to do a true play by play, but I'll post updates as often as I can. Go Llano!

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 02:34 PM
End of the 1st inning still 0-0. No hits for llano in the bottom of the 1st. Bailey isn't pitching for LaGrange. Kocelski(sp?) or something like that is on the mound for LaGrange.

pirate4state
06-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks, Chris. Keep 'em coming! :)

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Middle of the 2nd 2-0 LaGrange. Lagrange scored 2 runs on 2 hits and 3 Llnao errors in the 2nd. Llano has already committed 4 errors in 2 innings. Llano coming to bat.

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 02:56 PM
3 up 3 down for Llano in the 2nd. LaGrange now up in the 3rd.

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Homer Bailey reached second on another Llano error, but was stranded there. The Llano pitcher is doing a good job, he has 6 strikeouts and no earned runs, but 5 errors in 3 innings against #1 ranked LaGrange doesn't bode well. Kocelski has been dominant for LaGrange. 2-0 LaGrange, Llano to bat in the 3rd.

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 03:12 PM
3 up, 3 down again for Llano in the 3rd. LaGrange to bat in top of the 4th.

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 03:28 PM
It's 6-0 LaGrange in the top of the 4th. They are teeing off bigtime now, 0 outs runner on 2nd. Another error by Llano started it, but lagrange is hammering the Llano pitcher now. The Llano commentators are saying the LaGrange team is awesome.

bd62
06-10-2004, 03:41 PM
chris what station are you getting the game?.

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 03:45 PM
It's now 10-0 LaGrange in the middle of the 4th Llano coming to bat. I won't be able to give any more updates, but I think you get the picture. Congrats to Llano on a fine season and good luck to Forney and LaGrange in the final!

olddawggreen
06-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Hes most likely getting it on KHLB 106.9 FM and 1340 AM which covers the area of Llano, Burnet and Marble Falls. I actually picked it up as far north as Killeen on my way home last weekend.
Toll Free 800-264-5452.

bd62
06-10-2004, 03:54 PM
tks. olddawggreen

olddawggreen
06-10-2004, 03:59 PM
11 to 0 La Grange bottom of the 6th

olddawggreen
06-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Just heard the games over, La Grange 11, Llano 0. Congratulations to both teams!

olddawggreen
06-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Man, I would say Llano ran into a meat grinder today, La Grange must be awsome. It appears they saved their best pitcher for Forney :eek:

lepfan
06-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Congrats to LG...Kozelsky did a great job pitching...sounds like the whole TEAM did great! Good luck with Forney!

jason
06-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Man, I would say Llano ran into a meat grinder today, La Grange must be awsome. It appears they saved their best pitcher for Forney :eek: yes la grange is good...but awesome is not the right word...llano (no offense) played like a jv team throwing the ball all over the place, la granges left fielder could have pitched and they still would have won...

la grange did set a state tournament record (for all classes) for most runs in an inning....8...

pinecone
06-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Sounds like Llano had a bad case of nerves. Will they have a chance again next year or is this a senior dominated team? Good luck LaGrange.

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by bd62
chris what station are you getting the game?. I'm sorry bd62, I left right after I made that last post. I wasn't ignoring you.:)

Chris Hart
06-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by pinecone
Sounds like Llano had a bad case of nerves. Will they have a chance again next year or is this a senior dominated team? Good luck LaGrange. I don't know about the rest of the team pinecone, but the radio did state that their starting LHP was just a junior. He pitched well early, but all the errors around him did him and Llano in. He did get VERY rattled in the 4th, but hey, under the circumstances who could blame him. Llano always fields a good team, I expect them to do well next year as well.

jason
06-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I don't know about the rest of the team pinecone, but the radio did state that their starting LHP was just a junior. He pitched well early, but all the errors around him did him and Llano in. He did get VERY rattled in the 4th, but hey, under the circumstances who could blame him. Llano always fields a good team, I expect them to do well next year as well. yeah, he pitched well, the la grange guys hit the ball hard, a few were good hits into the gaps, but it was the ones hit right to the llano players that eventually did them in...ERRORS in a state semi final game will NOT get it done...

Phil C
06-10-2004, 07:37 PM
From what I remember most of Llano's starters are seniors.

espn1
06-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by jason
yes la grange is good...but awesome is not the right word...llano (no offense) played like a jv team throwing the ball all over the place, la granges left fielder could have pitched and they still would have won...

la grange did set a state tournament record (for all classes) for most runs in an inning....8... Jason hit the nail on the head. I've seen less errors in little league games. Llano was clearly over whelmed by the atmosphere. The absolute most basic plays were flubbed up. Forney looked really good. Will be anxious to see how they match up with HB.

La Grange
06-10-2004, 08:15 PM
I don't know what the deal was with Llano, they really looked horrible :confused: . 7 errors in a 5 inning games is pretty remarkable :eek: .

Pudlugger
06-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Kozelsy pitched a two hitter shutout against a team that was said to be full of good batters. I guess that says something to folks saying LG is a one man show. Now the Leps have their ace pitcher fresh and ready for the state title game. I bet Forney wishes they had held out their ace against Perryton. A great coaching decision by Coach Ferguson and very bold to say the least. I too thought the Yellowjackets were rattled in making so many errors, but that is part of the game. To win at this level you need to settle down and play your game and just let the cards fall as they might. Congratulations to the Llano team and fans, always a very respected opponent, and always demonstrating great sportsmanship. Go Leps beat Forney!!!:)

jason
06-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Kozelsy pitched a two hitter shutout against a team that was said to be full of good batters. I guess that says something to folks saying LG is a one man show. Now the Leps have their ace pitcher fresh and ready for the state title game. I bet Forney wishes they had held out their ace against Perryton. A great coaching decision by Coach Ferguson and very bold to say the least. I too thought the Yellowjackets were rattled in making so many errors, but that is part of the game. To win at this level you need to settle down and play your game and just let the cards fall as they might. Congratulations to the Llano team and fans, always a very respected opponent, and always demonstrating great sportsmanship. Go Leps beat Forney!!!:) forney almost had to throw their ace agains perryton, that game was a much closer game than the llano/lg game, and i think most people knew that before hand...homer is beatable, i hope forney is the team to do it...

lepfan
06-10-2004, 09:01 PM
...homer is beatable, i hope forney is the team to do it...

Again....there is more to this team than Homer...not to take anything away from him...he is awesome, but there are other EXCELLENT players on the team...and Homer will be the first to tell you that.

Pudlugger
06-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Llano beat a very strong Sinton team and deserves credit for their season. I think they just were off their game against us today. I know Forney will not be nervous or off their game. They will show up hungry for payback. The Leps are a very smart team and they know this. This will be an awesome game, perhaps one for the all-time record books in excitement and competitiveness. Good luck to both teams , but i have to go with my Leps. Go Leps - Win State!!!!:D

jason
06-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Again....there is more to this team than Homer...not to take anything away from him...he is awesome, but there are other EXCELLENT players on the team...and Homer will be the first to tell you that. well i know that..but for forney to score points they have to beat him...if they cant get hits then they cant score...they'll have to beat the rest of the team on the defensive side, im not sure how good of a hitting/scoring team lg is..yeah the scored 11 runs...but i bet 9 of them were off llano errors, and i know they count too, but dont look for forney to make that many costly mistakes...

...oh and u folks there in la grange need to have a talk with that boy (homer), he was in the bleachers in his uniform and cowboy boots....it was funny though, lol...

La Grange
06-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah that is Homer for you :D . Thats why people in LG don't think that he is going to waste all of his newly aquired money.

jason
06-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
Yeah that is Homer for you :D . Thats why people in LG don't think that he is going to waste all of his newly aquired money. is he even thinking of college? or is his mind set on mlb??

Pudlugger
06-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Actually, I heard he was considering changing direction and going to UT to get a BA in interdisciplinary studies and then writing a column for the DMN on oppression of "the other". Yeah right.

La Grange
06-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Actually what I heard was that Harvard would give him a full ride if he would play badmitten for them. Homer is a suprisingly good badmitten player :D . He is reportidly going to be picked in the first round of the U.B.A draft this October.

j_dog
06-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Congrats again to LG! :)

lepfan
06-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
Yeah that is Homer for you :D . Thats why people in LG don't think that he is going to waste all of his newly aquired money.
I think a new truck will be the biggest thing on his list...and knowing Homer he will want to share some of the "fame" with his buddies...:D

lepfan
06-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Actually, I heard he was considering changing direction and going to UT to get a BA in interdisciplinary studies and then writing a column for the DMN on oppression of "the other". Yeah right.

Pud and LaGrange...my sources told me it was Blinn College...were they wrong???

SintonFan
06-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Congratulations La Grange! Good Luck in the final!

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 11:09 PM
One More Game LG!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

jason
06-12-2004, 03:42 PM
is he even thinking of college? or is his mind set on mlb?? im serious about this? is he goin pro or to college? or does he have the brains for a D1 school?

Pudlugger
06-12-2004, 03:52 PM
He signed a letter of intent with Texas but will now go to MLB.

kaorder1999
06-12-2004, 03:55 PM
i bet UT wishes they could have him...hehe