PDA

View Full Version : Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw?

SintonFan
06-10-2004, 02:54 AM
Dan Rather was quoted in the Philidelphia paper on wednesday as saying something like this:
The Reagan coverage has been excesive in the news media...
:eek:
Tom Brokaw(Broke-all for those who can't properly sound out) was quoted similiarly.
Both these men are the senior editors for their major respective news agencies. In other words, they decide who can get on the news or who doesn't...
I gotta ASK! Was four weeks of the "prisoner picture scandal" excessive???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thinking:

spiveyrat
06-10-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Dan Rather was quoted in the Philidelphia paper on wednesday as saying something like this:
The Reagan coverage has been excesive in the news media...
:eek:
Tom Brokaw(Broke-all for those who can't properly sound out) was quoted similiarly.
Both these men are the senior editors for their major respective news agencies. In other words, they decide who can get on the news or who doesn't...
I gotta ASK! Was four weeks of the "prisoner picture scandal" excessive???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thinking:

...and counting...

I think it was last week that some publication published an article about one of our deceased soldiers who had been killed before the "scandal". Somewhere inside the article it stated something to the effect: "...John Doe, who was killed before the horrors of Abu Garib were discovered...". Instead of honoring the soldier, they in part, used him to make a political statement. PATHETIC! :mad:

Old Cardinal
06-10-2004, 10:53 AM
They are just a part of the liberial controlled propanganda machine....I think it is time to start contacting any advertisers that advertise via this poison controlling media and tell them we will not buy their products as long as they promote via advertising budgets-- the propaganda blitz.

pinecone
06-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
They are just a part of the liberial controlled propanganda machine....I think it is time to start contacting any advertisers that advertise via this poison controlling media and tell them we will not buy their products as long as they promote via advertising budgets-- the propaganda blitz.

Just get me some addresses. I'm ready to vent some steam!

Old Dog
06-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Loads of our military people are doing damn good things over there and it never gets reported. They are involved in fixing up schools, getting kids vacinations and protecting the infastructure among others.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-10-2004, 01:13 PM
im willing to put 20 on they say that due to there highly liberal backgrounds, and disapproval of the president. since Honorable Ronald Reagan was a conseravative of sorts, they find this to be "siding" towards Pres. bush, and cant stand that. i think its nothing more than a propaganda scheme to get a liberal president elected. just my two cents.

GUNHO
06-10-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm getting to the point where I don't even watch the national news anymore, it makes me want to throw up.:foul:

pinecone
06-10-2004, 07:49 PM
I feel the same way. Is it just Texas football fans that don't like CBS, NBC, CNN and the like?

SintonFan
06-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Their ratings have been falling for years. I prefer to get my news from the paper or the Fox News Channel. At least with Fox you have boths sides to the stories.

sinton66
06-10-2004, 10:33 PM
I think I'm gonna start making up my own news. Can't possibly be any worse than the major networks.

pinecone
06-10-2004, 10:36 PM
And now a new insult. I just read that some liberal commentator blamed the rise of Osama ben Laden on Reagan. Then it got picked up by national news media and you will probably have it
on Rather and Brokaw next. They claim Reagan was responsible for millions of U.S. $ and Saudia Arabia $ going to Afganistan without strings attached to fight the Russian invasion in the '80s.
East Texas' own Congressman Charles Wilson, Demorcrat, that was responsible for raising the money. He was on the appropriations committee and was quite the rascal. He twisted arms all over the world to get money and munitions for the Afgans. Read the book entitled "Charlie Wilson's War" for all the details. You will find it fascinating reading.

SintonFan
06-10-2004, 10:39 PM
And the news media problems continue.
It's a history revisionists' dream come true to have all these wonderful willing 'news outlets'.

Z motion 10 out on 2
06-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Fox has taken a lot of viewers from the big three and CNN.

spiveyrat
06-14-2004, 08:11 AM
I had to bring this subject back up.

Reagan got a week of coverage. Let's see how much Clinton gets with his book coming out...

Ought to be interesting to watch.

Bandera YaYa
06-14-2004, 12:39 PM
I watched alot of Reagan's funeral. I will not give a second glance to anything regarding Bill Clinton. Period. He is a national disgrace..UGH!! He wrote a book?????? Gee, a sex manual, perhaps????? Gosh, he just makes me want to puke!!!! Enough, enough,......or I could go on forever!!!!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I think I'm gonna start making up my own news. Can't possibly be any worse than the major networks. i bet it would have better things to say aswell.

kaorder1999
06-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I watched alot of Reagan's funeral. I will not give a second glance to anything regarding Bill Clinton. Period. He is a national disgrace..UGH!! He wrote a book?????? Gee, a sex manual, perhaps????? Gosh, he just makes me want to puke!!!! Enough, enough,......or I could go on forever!!!!!

now be nice....well..nevermind...i dont really care

spiveyrat
06-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Since this topic is still around, I'll just add this in since it is somewhat related.

-----------------------------------------------

WHITE HOUSE ANGER AFTER TIME MAGAZINE DETAILS LOCATION OF CHENEY'S 'SECRET BUNKER'
Tue Jun 15 2004 11:11:34 ET

Top White House officials expressed anger after TIME magazine detailed the location
of Vice President Dick Cheney's secret bunker, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

In new editions, TIME revealed "Site R," an underground bunker on the
Maryland-Pennsylvania border where the Vice President spent much of his time in

TIME wrote: "Deep under Raven Rock Mountain, Site R is a secret world of five
buildings, each three stories tall, computer filled caverns and a subterranean
water reservoir. It is just 7 miles from Camp David."

Raven Rock Mountain is easily found using basic geographical maps.

One White House officials fumed Monday night: "TIME magazine would have revealed
secret the location of Anne Frank, if they knew it."

Developing...

-------------------------------------------------

Absoluetly unbelievable. That is completely inappropriate and unresponsible. I think Time magazine should be billed to erect a new bunker in a new secret location. How long are these "journalists" (traitors) going to be allowed to publish things that put Americans in jeopardy??? Who's side are they on, anyway? :mad: :foul: :flamingma

District303aPastPlayer
06-15-2004, 02:34 PM
wait, this place can be found using basic maps... so whats the problem

pakrat
06-16-2004, 01:03 AM
But Bush bragged on him at his portrait unveiling. Did that make you want to puke? Was there a cigar in that portrait? Could anybody tell?:devil:

PI-fan
06-16-2004, 01:11 AM
I will not give a second glance to anything regarding Bill Clinton. Period. He is a national disgrace..UGH!! Gosh, he just makes me want to puke!!!! Enough, enough,......or I could go on forever!!!!!

I guess the nice things Bush Jr had to say about Clinton during the portrait event didn't go well with you either? :clap: :D

PI-fan
06-16-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

Top White House officials expressed anger after TIME magazine detailed the location
of Vice President Dick Cheney's secret bunker, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Absoluetly unbelievable. That is completely inappropriate and unresponsible. I think Time magazine should be billed to erect a new bunker in a new secret location. How long are these "journalists" (traitors) going to be allowed to publish things that put Americans in jeopardy??? Who's side are they on, anyway? :mad: :foul: :flamingma

Does that apply to the white house officials THAT told everyone else that doesn't read Time magazine about the location?:eek: I didn't know about this secret bunker, hmmm, for someone that doesn't want to leak that 'secret' info out, maybe you should not have posted it on the WORLD wide web? :thinking:

X Man
06-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Rather and Brokaw are both clowns. If they had their way, their would be no such thing as conservatives or the moral majority, and, oh yeah, the NRA would be outlawed. FOX news is not perfect, but they are leaps and bounds closer to perfect than CNN, CBS, NBC and ABC.

spiveyrat
06-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by PI-fan
Does that apply to the white house officials THAT told everyone else that doesn't read Time magazine about the location?:eek: I didn't know about this secret bunker, hmmm, for someone that doesn't want to leak that 'secret' info out, maybe you should not have posted it on the WORLD wide web? :thinking:

Can't even get some liberals to admit the wrong in a black and white issue. Instead of putting blame where it belongs, you somehow try to point it back at me because I'm conservative. :rolleyes: I'll bet if this was 4 years ago and it was Gore's bunker, you'd be singing a different tune.

PI-fan
06-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Can't even get some liberals to admit the wrong in a black and white issue. Instead of putting blame where it belongs, you somehow try to point it back at me because I'm conservative. :rolleyes: I'll bet if this was 4 years ago and it was Gore's bunker, you'd be singing a different tune.

Oh i didn't know you were looking for ppl to admit the 'wrong'. As far as black and white issue i am assuming you mean, right or wrong no in betweens :) but ...

I agree this info should not have been published so i don't see why you had to republish the 'SECRET' location to others that don't read TIME? I mean it's wrong for TIME to do it, but OK for you to publish that info on the WORLD wide web? :confused: :thinking:

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by X Man
Rather and Brokaw are both clowns. If they had their way, their would be no such thing as conservatives or the moral majority, and, oh yeah, the NRA would be outlawed. FOX news is not perfect, but they are leaps and bounds closer to perfect than CNN, CBS, NBC and ABC. you know i think i have to go w/ him on this one.