PDA

View Full Version : State Baseball Tournament Rain Out

olddawggreen
06-09-2004, 08:45 PM
UIL announces at 5:30 PM that the following Games scheduled for Wednesday have been postponed by rain.

Maud vs Shiner is scheduled to start at 8 am Thursday, at Disch-Falk Field. 3A Forney vs Perrington will follow, 3A La Grange vs Llano will follow that game. Any changes will be posted on the UIL web site under State Baseball Tournament.

Chris Hart
06-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Oooops. I just started a thread on the Llano/LaGrange starting time, but that's the news I was looking for ODG. Will the UIL post an exact starting time, or will we just have to guess the approximate starting time for ourselves?

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Dang, when I left SA today everyone along I-35(even toward Dallas) was getting hit hard. I went through some of that nasty weather hope it will calm down tonight and tommorow.
Good luck and have a safe trip to all teams!:)

olddawggreen
06-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Chris, based on what the UIL has posted right now, it just looks like back to back games. If their still scheduled to play the final at 2:00pm, they will have to play straight through to make it. It will be tight at best. Unless the time of the final is changed, there will be little or no break for the winner of the Llano, LaGrange game before the final.

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Chris, based on what the UIL has posted right now, it just looks like back to back games. If their still scheduled to play the final at 2:00pm, they will have to play straight through to make it. It will be tight at best. Unless the time of the final is changed, there will be little or no break for the winner of the Llano, LaGrange game before the final.
If I'm understanding this. Bailey shouldn't be available for the championship title game if they advance?:eek:

Pudlugger
06-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen

The 2a final will come before the 3a final so I would think the winners of the semi-finals in 3a will square off around 5pm after that. No word on UIL website yet.

La Grange
06-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Homer is not pitching the semi-final game, Coach Ferg thinks Jacob Kozelsky can take down Llano by himselft.

My hole night was shot with this rescheduling :( . I had to call Old Tiger's mom and tell her I was going to be late :D .

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
Homer is not pitching the semi-final game, Coach Ferg thinks Jacob Kozelsky can take down Llano by himselft.

My hole night was shot with this rescheduling :( . I had to call Old Tiger's mom and tell her I was going to be late :D .
Don't take Llano lightly. They have a very solid defense. Many teams who aren't used to being in these situations sometimes might falter...I wouldn't count on it in this case. They are very well coached. I'm not knocking your coach but I do believe you have to put your best out first to get to "The game". Reguardless of what happens good luck.
Dang, I'm still a region four guy though.:)
GO LLANO!!!

La Grange
06-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Oh I know exactly what you are talking about, I was completly surprised when I found out that Homer wasn't pitching. There wouldn't be a doubt in my mind about pitching the number one high school player in Texas tomorrow instead of a maybe Friday.

Oh and by the way......GO LA GRANGE :D .

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by La Grange

My hole night was shot with this rescheduling :( . I had to call Old Tiger's mom and tell her I was going to be late :D . is momma jokes all you got? lol come on kid those went out what 6th grade? lol j/k

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:23 PM
I like "yo momma" jokes because they are classics. It dosen't matter if they are lame or they hurt your feelings, you just got to laugh :D .

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:24 PM
yea it kinda was funny?

Pudlugger
06-10-2004, 08:22 AM
So if LG plays Llano in the third game today at 2pm when will the winner play the final? The A final was scheduled today as well and the semi is at 8 am this morning so will that final go first? Anybody have info here?

olddawggreen
06-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Occording to an article in the Austin American Statesman this morning, the first of three games will begin at 8:00am, there will be 30 minutes between each game. A decision on when to play the Class A and 3A finals, originally scheduled for today at 11 am and 2 pm, will be made after the completion of the semifinal games. So basicly, it all depends on the weather today.

Phil C
06-10-2004, 09:44 AM
After this rain in Austin this week and it almost caused last years' games to be postponed they ought to move it the the Houston Astrodome.

BIG19
06-10-2004, 11:27 AM
According to the UIL website, the 3A final will be played at 8:00 Saturday morning at Dell Diamond.

Also have to echo what SintonFan said "Don't take Llano lightly." See too many of their games to count them out. Good group of kids and coaches. I too am a region 4 guy.

GO LLANO!!!!!

Pudlugger
06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by BIG19
According to the UIL website, the 3A final will be played at 8:00 Saturday morning at Dell Diamond.

Also have to echo what SintonFan said "Don't take Llano lightly." See too many of their games to count them out. Good group of kids and coaches. I too am a region 4 guy.

GO LLANO!!!!!

UIL website has 3A final at Dell at 9AM on 6/12. Go Leps!!! Beat Llano!!!:D