PDA

View Full Version : Awww...Clinton's all Bootyhurt!!!

Ranger Mom
06-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Clinton NOT to speak at Reagan funeral

June 09, 2004 18:57 IST

Former president Bill Clinton, regarded by many as the most powerful and persuasive speaker in the US, is upset at being left off the speakers' list for the funeral ceremony of Ronald Reagan on Friday.

"President Clinton really held out all hope the funeral (of former president Reagan) would be a non-partisan event, like (former president Richard) Nixon's was," said the Drudge Report.

Quoting a "top Clinton source", it said: "He's angry and disappointed neither he nor (former) President (Jimmy) Carter -- both Democrats while President George W Bush is a Republican -- have been asked to speak, as of yet."

Former President George H W Bush, father of the present President; former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher; and former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney will join President Bush in eulogising Reagan. However, some Democratic leaders said they were told that is what Reagan's family wanted and what has happened in the past.

"I would be honoured to speak, and I know others would too who are Democrats," said Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle, "but if that is the family wish, then certainly we will respect that."

Reagan started as a trade union leader and a Democrat, in addition to being a sports commentator, but he later switched to the Republican Party and went on to become a two-term Governor of California and a two-term President of the United States.

HighSchool Fan
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
I can understand why the Reagan family wouldn't want Clinton to speak at the funeral. If it were my funeral, I would only want people of high integrity and high morals speaking at it.

sinton66
06-09-2004, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't want that morally bankrupt jerk to even TALK about my funeral, much less have him speak at it..

Pudlugger
06-09-2004, 06:47 PM
How many Republican speakers were at Paul Wellstone's funeral? Bipartisanship? I don't think so.:mad:

WOSgrad
06-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
How many Republican speakers were at Paul Wellstone's funeral? Bipartisanship? I don't think so.:mad:

Funeral? You mean rally, don't you?

Pudlugger
06-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad

Exactly!:mad:

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
:clap:

La Grange
06-09-2004, 09:51 PM
I would be pretty honored to have old Bill talk at MY funeral :D .

spiveyrat
06-10-2004, 06:49 AM
I'm betting the consensus is that you can have him! :D

Let's put ourselves into the shoes of those who were talking to Nancy about who would speak. After she mentions the speakers she wants, should you pipe in and ask her "Um Nancy, don't you think we should ask a Democrat to speak too so we don't appear to be partisan?"

:rolleyes: Very classy!:rolleyes:

GUNHO
06-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Nancy knew..... he would expect to be paid anyway.:rolleyes: